2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

I LOVE my camry

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, has kept it's value, minimal repairs."

"I bought my car in Fall of 2006, it's a 2007 Camry. I have enjoyed this car very much. I have only had minimal issues: some routine brake wear and have had to replace the tires twice, which I think is a lot for only 65,000 miles. It has a smooth ride, is very comfortable, I love the sun roof and stereo. The only issues that it has had is a small hiss from one of the windows which sounds like it is not closed tightly, and a mildew odor when I first start the air conditioner after the winter (I replace the filter for this). Everything else is great; it starts right up on very cold mornings, has been very reliable, it heats up and cools down very quickly, it has kept it's value, has nice pickup on the highway. I have put minimal money into it for maintenance and repairs. I can't think of anything bad about it. I will very likely be buying another in the Fall"

It's a great car!

By on Saturday, June 25, 2016

"I've owned two Toyota Camrys, an '01 and a '10 and they have both been very reliable cars. I like the look of the '10 better than the new models they've come out with. It gets great gas mileage and is inexpensive to maintain."

Hasn't missed a beat

By on Monday, October 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, awesome JBL audio on Hybrid, sensible."

Cons: "Anonymous looks, strange brakes, sensible."

"Our 2007 Camry Hybrid has done everything you would expect of a Camry - transported us around with no drama or a single mechanical fault. I've been constantly (and pleasantly) surprised by its performance over the years. Maybe because it's a "boring old Camry" (and a Hybrid) my expectations were low in that regard, but it's actually very quick. The Hybrid engine and CVT give it great acceleration from a standing start, and I've surprised many a vehicle who's driver saw the Hybrid badge and thought they could blow me off the road. No, it's not sports car exciting of course, but it's also not completely devoid of performance when needed. The interior is largely generic and plastic, but everything is laid out well. The Hybrid does come with the JBL 5-disc sound system, which is extremely good - possibly the best in-car audio I've heard. As for the Hybrid fuel economy, well it makes a difference obviously. However it's not a night and day difference, and it can also be a little random at times; I've driven hard and been rewarded with an "excellent" rating when I arrived, and driven like every drop of fuel counts and somehow got poor mileage. A lot of things can effect the MPG rating, so don't expect miracles. Downsides? The brakes (regenerative) can feel a little weird at times, occasionally needing a more forceful press than you're expecting. It's not much fun in the back if you're very tell as the front seats have a hard plastic covering on the back, which is painful if your knees are touching. You also lose some trunk space in the Hybrid due to the battery. Bottom line; for getting from A to B with no issues whatsoever, you can't go wrong with a Camry. It's also not quite as dull getting there as you expected either."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted