2008 Toyota Camry

Based on 1653 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Perpetual Motion Machine w/ Electric Turbo Assist

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, Cool Features, Electric Turbo Assist"

Cons: "Not a Masserati. Or Jaguar. But it IS a Lexus."

My Car is Briiliant White. Highly Reccomend this Paint Finish.

"This is the most amazing car I have ever owned (and I am quite the gearhead!). Bought it new off the lot, and it NEVER needs repair, except for the usual: tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. After 9 years, it still looks and drives like new. We get a consistent 34 mph, City and Highway combined. I stay out of the Gas Station, out of the Repair Shop, and my money stays IN my pocket! Interior is adjustable and comfortable, and looks just as good as the day I bought it. Loads of bells & whistles - bluetooth phone, nav, CD and Display are all great. The Electric Turbo Assist (which is never listed as a feature, I don't know why) kicks 12 batteries of power into your acceleration when merging on to the freeway or getting out of a tight traffic spot. It doesn't get better than this."

My Car is Briiliant White. Highly Reccomend this Paint Finish.

Very unhappy...

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I've purchased my 2007 Camry new in April 2006 when the new model first arrived. Love the styling, and the interior was simple and functional. However, it wasn't long before I realized how big a mistake I made in my first Toyota purchase. I went on their name, and am very unhappy. The transmission is terrible. I've read so many complaints, and all are valid. It won't shift when needed, and takes to long to decide.. by that time it's too late and it drops two gears and you get the surge of 5k rpms of madness. It's terrible with the AC on as well. It slides from gear to gear and you'll see the tach. jump up and stay there a second or two before in lurches into the next gear. Pulling into traffic can be very dangerous and on a few occasions I've had to pull out of traffic to avoid getting rear-ended as the Camry just wouldn't accelerate. I've had problems with my brakes since 20k miles, and at 65k miles they are still a problem after being in the shop 4 times. Now it's on my dime and I just spent $500 to stop a grinding noise in the back. I've had to replace the back strut (warranty) in the first few months, and now at 65k miles my front struts are leaking. I live in Florida, and drive all highway... smooth roads, so there should be no excuse for failing struts this early. I'm just so disappointed as I wanted this to be a car I kept for at least 150k miles, but for the last year or two I've just wanted to get rid of it. I will be replacing this Camry in the next few months, and unhappy about doing so. Boo hoo... :>)"

Take the bad with the good

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I've had the '07 4 cylinder automatic LE for 10 months. The positives: great gas mileage (31 mpg city, 36 mpg hwy); comfortable seats (nice road trips); attractive body lines, spacious rear seat and trunk; easy to see and use console and plenty of cubbies; great handling, even on snowy, slushy roads. The negatives: constant transmission shifts (especially at certain speeds) and some hesitation on initial acceleration; squeaky dash (especially when cold); a little difficult to reverse because it's hard to see over the box shaped trunk. Also, I'm concerned about the longevity of the fabric seats - they don't seem that durable."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

"I drove my Camry for 8 years and had no mechanical problems. It drove great! The car did get regular maintenance. Today I hit a deer with the car and totaled the car. I will buy another Camry."

Very Good car.

By on Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pros: "Good gas mileage, has get up & go."

Cons: "Has some blemishes on body."

"Only work done was a few recalls & reg. maintenance. It's been a good car. Just want a newer car with less miles."