2005 Toyota Camry

Based on 1245 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Can't find anything wrong with it!"

"This has been a wonderful and reliable vehicle. never spent a dime for repairs in the almost nine years I've had it."

Most dependable vehicle I have owned

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "Holds it value, strong runner and very dependable"

Cons: "stripped head bolts in the 2.4L but repairable"

"Bought this car with 60K from a family member. I drive 50K a year and car has been great. Yes the head bolts can get stripped from the block but there is a fix that makes it better then new. Google ns300l kit. They refereed me to a shop that had did the repair so who better to do it. That was at 170K and I now have 235k. I just had the front brakes replaced for the first time I have owned the car. Very reliable. If this was an American car it would only be worth $1000 if that. I just looked it up and Private Party Value is still $5000. This is my 4th Toyota and am now looking at buying a Tundra."

Love it

By on Monday, May 7, 2012

"I purchased my Toyota used and not sure if it would be a reliable car but my Sienna was totaled out and needed a car to replace it. I have been very happy with my car."

All around great car

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Great car, economical -- all around great car."

"I have owned this car since it was new. It has low mileage and and is in excellent shape. The reason I am selling it is I am moving back east and I won't be driving any longer."

Not Happy at all

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Driving Toyota Camry for over 13 yrs and had owned a 1997 toyota camry until 2005 august until some one ran a red light and totalled my Car. Came out with no Bruise. :) I was very happy with my 1997 camry and drove almost 100,000 miles with no major problems. I wish I still had that same car. Brought 2006 Carmy SE in 2005 september and oh boy, I made a big mistake. Riding is Not smooth at all . Had a rattling noice from the piller by Driver seat from day one. Reported it three times or more to the dealer and they could not figure out what it is. One time they told me its a piece of insulation that is missing and even applied some coating on the seat belt assembly. Nothing worked and I finally have to give up. Such a small issue but its very irritating with the fact that its coming from right by the ear. Never felt this car front end is gripping the road well enough especially in snowy conditions. Tires wore out right after 26k ( or before). Very noisy Cabin compared to my old Camry. Ready to see this one."

disappointed

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had two Camrys prior to this 2002 4-cyl Camry LE, which I bought new. At first it was great but developed MAJOR problems at about 75,000 miles: transmission died -replaced for $2800. Three months later, needed new catalytic converter $900. Also new engine mount. I have replaced both front and rear brakes (maybe not unusual but many other reviews state original brakes and double my miles). The check-engine light keeps coming on for random reasons. None of this should be happening at only 75,000 miles! I am not satisfied with the MPG -- only 20-21 city, and 26 or so hwy. In 2009 alone I have spent almost as much as I could have sold it for. I have been a big supporter of Camrys in the past but mine is becoming a real lemon."

Would recommend if not for..

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Excellent engine. Good built quality. We are very disappointed in the transmission shifting. The car (computer controls?) does not always respond to accelerator pedal as you would expect. It can hesitate when you really need to car to be moving. Very frustrating, and enough to make me decide to shop for another brand of car. If not for this issue and the lack of a telescopic steering column, I would be able to recommend."

Reliable, comfortable, great mileage

By on Saturday, August 20, 2016

Pros: "great mileage, price, ride"

Cons: "cup holders hidden behind shifter"

"Toyotas run forever, comfortable, great on long trips - mileage is great, can carry lots of stuff, large trunk, plenty of leg room in back seat. Overall a good deal."

Best car I ever bought...rarely any troubles

By on Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pros: "Comfy & easy to drive, great quality car."

Cons: "For an 02, it doesn't have up-to-date features."

"I've bought four cars in my 40 yrs of living. I pay cash whenever I do buy a car. My 02 Camry has been the best car I ever bought. The only service I had to provide was getting a new alternator! Lady who had the car before me, kept it up w/ records to support it. So, I was bless to get it from her. In 2012, I bought this car w/ only 69K miles. Now in 2016, it has 110K miles, and it is still going strong & I have NO problems with it! I love my lady blue bug!"

2006 Camry LE - 4 cylinder Excellent car, smooth

By on Sunday, May 17, 2015

Pros: "Runs smooth, reliable"

Cons: "A tad soft ride, will buy SE model next time"

"This car has been great to us. 138k miles so far and runs like a champ. Only typical maintenance so far. Bought in late 2005, and the battery crapped out in 2 years, but other than that...runs good. I do all the maintenance myself and keep it up. Runs like new! Still have the original alternator, water pump, belts. No oil leaks yet! I wanted to move on, but I have admit this car runs so well to get rid of it. Could use a MAF cleaning and throttle body cleaning, but that's about it."