1998 Toyota Camry

Based on 1069 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Seriously, love this car!

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Low price, great quality, smooth ride"

"This car is amazing. I have never had any serious issues with it. It was my first car and it is still going strong. These cars are so reliable. I would highly recommend them for someones first car. You can always count on them! I would recommend an older model of this car, mine is the 1999, because I knew someone with a brand new one back in 2012 and they had driven my car and compared it to theirs, mine was better because it was better in snow, felt cozier, and it was easier to drive. Unless you can actually afford a brand new 2015, I would go with an older model."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Bought this vehicle at auction as a "filler" car until I could find something better. Bought with lots of miles (260K), cheap, had to do a few maintenance things when I first bought it, since I didn't know anything about it (timing belt, some seals, and an half shaft) - other than tires, a battery and oil changes, it hasn't needed anything but regular maintenance and gas. I drive it over 500 miles a week, great commute car. It now has over 325K miles on it - still going strong, starts every time and still gets 29 MPG (4 cyl). I bought it as a filler, but it just won't die. Heat is hot, air will keep beef cold, even in Oklahoma summers. I'm afraid I may own it forever, can't seem to kill it and no one wants it because of the miles, but I would trust it to drive anywhere. I drove it to Houston last summer, no problems and over 31 MPG. We will likely buy another one for my wife in the future."

Good car. Trunk wiring cut by hinge.

By on Saturday, November 5, 2016

Pros: "Economical reliable adequate car"

Cons: "trunk wires get cut by hinge. Seat motor failed"

"Overeall a good car, except trunk hinge mechanism can grab wiring, cut them, costly repair. Driver seat motor failed."

Best car I have ever had!

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Great car, good mpg, and reliable."

Cons: "cheap interior"

"With over 300,000 miles, I have only had about 1200 in repairs. I wish they had put a little more thought into the interior, but it's still a comfortable and easy car to drive."

Impressive

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas, lots of cargo room, and very comfy"

Cons: "wow I seriously just sat here for a minute. none"

"I originally purchased this car as my commuter. It now is my main source of transportation. I have owned several very nice cars including two brand new off the lot. I have never purchased such an inexpensive vehicle (because of age and miles (about$3000)) and was scared to do so. After driving it to LA (2,000 miles one way) and back for my cruise, I knew it would last me a while. It now has about 227,000 and I am confident it will go to 300,000. It runs smooth and every time a passenger asks how many miles it has on it, I physical have to show them because they do not believe me (in part because you can eat off my floors ). This car comes to you with my highest recommendation!"