1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 646 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Truly is Built to Last!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"I had bought the car used and it had about 138,000 miles on it. The (one) previous owner to the car stated that he only drove the car in town and tended to beat on it a little bit (fast accelerating, hard braking, etc). I had my mechanic check over EVERYTHING. He stated that no parts appeared over worn or needed replacement in the near future. At about 164,000 it was in a collision, which damaged the exhaust manifolds and broke the water pump, so coolant and oil would leak out. I was continually filling it with water and going through two quarts of oil a week. I was told to drive the car until it died, because I didn't have the money needed to fix it. I was told the engine would just up and die without warning. At 186,600 miles, I came into some money and really wanted to fix this car. I replaced all the gaskets, injectors, water pump, timing belt, and exhaust. I was told by the very same mechanic that I had another 200,000 miles left in this car. Really built to last. In other aspects of the car, I think the stock interior was very plain and simple, and would recommend custom seat covers and floor mats. The car has some serious get-up-and-go, and the braking system is very precise. The suspension needs a little work, however. BUT THIS IS STILL A REALLY NICE CAR!"

very good & dependable

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Very dependable and ecomically to drive/ Average mileage is about 26 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Air is very cold and handling responsive. I now have over 294,000 miles on my car and don't know of any other car that is in this great shapes for it's year and mileage"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"248,800mi still amazing. CV joint repair and timing belt have been the only 2 major repairs totalling less than $1200 - AC is busted but it's only a luxury. Got this car 7 years ago with a used Collector Edition package meaning Lexus Paint, Faux Wood trim, leather interior, and nice wheels. Even with all the bonus-stuff it's still a cubby-styled camry. V6 has lots of power (~180hp) and still moves quick on the highway. Squishy suspension makes for smooth rides. Totally large enough for 4 (six foot) adults. Gets 30mpg when driving mostly highway. I'd buy this car again and again!"

Most reliable, cheapest to own, best looking, ever

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "honestly cannot think of one!"

"It is hard to find fault with this car. It owes me nothing! It hurts to sell it - but concerned because of its mileage and age. The body never rusted despite never being waxed - the paint always looked great after just a wash. This car must have been made at the peak of Toyota's reign as best car company for reliability. It was not a flashy car, just the perfect car for a family of average means."

Excellent car. The third toyota I have owned.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, reliability, easy to fix"

Cons: "struts"

"I have owned three toyotas. They are extremely reliable and easy to own. I have had difficulty with the struts on them but they are easy enough to replace. Since parts for the car are easily accessible and less expensive these days, I would recommend buying an older one in good condition to even a new driver. I do want to add that the newer toyotas don't seem to be as well made. That is why we have stuck with the older models."