1996 Toyota Camry

Based on 646 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

327299 AND STILL GOING

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "Long life, reliable"

Cons: "door handle, gas door wire"

"I bought my 92 for $500 in 2007. My first car! It had 250,000. The door handle was broke and I got it fixed for $50 at a local shop. The gas door wire got stuck and I broke the gas door off, bought a new one at pull-a-parts (they always have plenty of camrys). I drove this car 120 miles a day back in college and it never gave me any problems..450 miles a tank of gas back then!! I do have oil leaks and was told I will need my head gaskets replaced down the road, but for that many miles I would think it needs a little work. Im thinking of buying a new car and giving this one to my mom for a run-about-car. I know it will treat her well!!"

Excellent car. The third toyota I have owned.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, reliability, easy to fix"

Cons: "struts"

"I have owned three toyotas. They are extremely reliable and easy to own. I have had difficulty with the struts on them but they are easy enough to replace. Since parts for the car are easily accessible and less expensive these days, I would recommend buying an older one in good condition to even a new driver. I do want to add that the newer toyotas don't seem to be as well made. That is why we have stuck with the older models."

very good & dependable

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Very dependable and ecomically to drive/ Average mileage is about 26 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Air is very cold and handling responsive. I now have over 294,000 miles on my car and don't know of any other car that is in this great shapes for it's year and mileage"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"248,800mi still amazing. CV joint repair and timing belt have been the only 2 major repairs totalling less than $1200 - AC is busted but it's only a luxury. Got this car 7 years ago with a used Collector Edition package meaning Lexus Paint, Faux Wood trim, leather interior, and nice wheels. Even with all the bonus-stuff it's still a cubby-styled camry. V6 has lots of power (~180hp) and still moves quick on the highway. Squishy suspension makes for smooth rides. Totally large enough for 4 (six foot) adults. Gets 30mpg when driving mostly highway. I'd buy this car again and again!"

Most reliable, cheapest to own, best looking, ever

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "honestly cannot think of one!"

"It is hard to find fault with this car. It owes me nothing! It hurts to sell it - but concerned because of its mileage and age. The body never rusted despite never being waxed - the paint always looked great after just a wash. This car must have been made at the peak of Toyota's reign as best car company for reliability. It was not a flashy car, just the perfect car for a family of average means."