1995 Toyota Camry

Based on 644 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

It's a Camry. nuf said.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"These cars run foooooreeevvvver. They run so long you get sick of driving them. Almost never wears out. A car 19 years old that gets 35 plus miles to the gallon. If you can deal with accually driving a Camry instead of some "Cool" ride, this car is defantly best dollar value out there. Very undervalued. I recently drove from Houston to Portland, 2600 miles with gas north of $3 bucks a gallon. I did it in 3 days and for less than $400 bucks. The car never gave a moments trouble even after 14 hours staight driving. A great and very comfortable road car."

327299 AND STILL GOING

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "Long life, reliable"

Cons: "door handle, gas door wire"

"I bought my 92 for $500 in 2007. My first car! It had 250,000. The door handle was broke and I got it fixed for $50 at a local shop. The gas door wire got stuck and I broke the gas door off, bought a new one at pull-a-parts (they always have plenty of camrys). I drove this car 120 miles a day back in college and it never gave me any problems..450 miles a tank of gas back then!! I do have oil leaks and was told I will need my head gaskets replaced down the road, but for that many miles I would think it needs a little work. Im thinking of buying a new car and giving this one to my mom for a run-about-car. I know it will treat her well!!"

Very High Mileage - Still Ticking

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"I bought this card used from a workplace colleague in August of 2005 with 287,500 miles on it. In two years, the odometer now reads 333,500. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and add oil in-between oil changes. I do not hesitate to take this car on a 200+ mile trip. It is dependable and just keeps on running."

The car has never had a major problem.

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

Pros: "very dependable, comfortable, never wrecked."

Cons: "driver door handle needs repair"

"The car has always been maintained at the dealer. I just put $3500 into routine maintenance, four new tires, timing belt good, brakes very good, air conditioner good, inside clean. I have every record of repairs made on this car."

Reliability personified

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Reason: donated; can no longer drive

Pros: "Reliable"

"In the 22 years I owned this car not a bit of trouble. Of course, I did follow all the maintenance suggestions and had a reliable garage."

Truly is Built to Last!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"I had bought the car used and it had about 138,000 miles on it. The (one) previous owner to the car stated that he only drove the car in town and tended to beat on it a little bit (fast accelerating, hard braking, etc). I had my mechanic check over EVERYTHING. He stated that no parts appeared over worn or needed replacement in the near future. At about 164,000 it was in a collision, which damaged the exhaust manifolds and broke the water pump, so coolant and oil would leak out. I was continually filling it with water and going through two quarts of oil a week. I was told to drive the car until it died, because I didn't have the money needed to fix it. I was told the engine would just up and die without warning. At 186,600 miles, I came into some money and really wanted to fix this car. I replaced all the gaskets, injectors, water pump, timing belt, and exhaust. I was told by the very same mechanic that I had another 200,000 miles left in this car. Really built to last. In other aspects of the car, I think the stock interior was very plain and simple, and would recommend custom seat covers and floor mats. The car has some serious get-up-and-go, and the braking system is very precise. The suspension needs a little work, however. BUT THIS IS STILL A REALLY NICE CAR!"

very good & dependable

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Very dependable and ecomically to drive/ Average mileage is about 26 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Air is very cold and handling responsive. I now have over 294,000 miles on my car and don't know of any other car that is in this great shapes for it's year and mileage"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"248,800mi still amazing. CV joint repair and timing belt have been the only 2 major repairs totalling less than $1200 - AC is busted but it's only a luxury. Got this car 7 years ago with a used Collector Edition package meaning Lexus Paint, Faux Wood trim, leather interior, and nice wheels. Even with all the bonus-stuff it's still a cubby-styled camry. V6 has lots of power (~180hp) and still moves quick on the highway. Squishy suspension makes for smooth rides. Totally large enough for 4 (six foot) adults. Gets 30mpg when driving mostly highway. I'd buy this car again and again!"

Most reliable, cheapest to own, best looking, ever

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "honestly cannot think of one!"

"It is hard to find fault with this car. It owes me nothing! It hurts to sell it - but concerned because of its mileage and age. The body never rusted despite never being waxed - the paint always looked great after just a wash. This car must have been made at the peak of Toyota's reign as best car company for reliability. It was not a flashy car, just the perfect car for a family of average means."

Excellent car. The third toyota I have owned.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, reliability, easy to fix"

Cons: "struts"

"I have owned three toyotas. They are extremely reliable and easy to own. I have had difficulty with the struts on them but they are easy enough to replace. Since parts for the car are easily accessible and less expensive these days, I would recommend buying an older one in good condition to even a new driver. I do want to add that the newer toyotas don't seem to be as well made. That is why we have stuck with the older models."