1995 Toyota Camry

Based on 646 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

The car has never had a major problem.

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

Pros: "very dependable, comfortable, never wrecked."

Cons: "driver door handle needs repair"

"The car has always been maintained at the dealer. I just put $3500 into routine maintenance, four new tires, timing belt good, brakes very good, air conditioner good, inside clean. I have every record of repairs made on this car."

It's a Camry. nuf said.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"These cars run foooooreeevvvver. They run so long you get sick of driving them. Almost never wears out. A car 19 years old that gets 35 plus miles to the gallon. If you can deal with accually driving a Camry instead of some "Cool" ride, this car is defantly best dollar value out there. Very undervalued. I recently drove from Houston to Portland, 2600 miles with gas north of $3 bucks a gallon. I did it in 3 days and for less than $400 bucks. The car never gave a moments trouble even after 14 hours staight driving. A great and very comfortable road car."

Reliability personified

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Reason: donated; can no longer drive

Pros: "Reliable"

"In the 22 years I owned this car not a bit of trouble. Of course, I did follow all the maintenance suggestions and had a reliable garage."

327299 AND STILL GOING

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "Long life, reliable"

Cons: "door handle, gas door wire"

"I bought my 92 for $500 in 2007. My first car! It had 250,000. The door handle was broke and I got it fixed for $50 at a local shop. The gas door wire got stuck and I broke the gas door off, bought a new one at pull-a-parts (they always have plenty of camrys). I drove this car 120 miles a day back in college and it never gave me any problems..450 miles a tank of gas back then!! I do have oil leaks and was told I will need my head gaskets replaced down the road, but for that many miles I would think it needs a little work. Im thinking of buying a new car and giving this one to my mom for a run-about-car. I know it will treat her well!!"

Very High Mileage - Still Ticking

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"I bought this card used from a workplace colleague in August of 2005 with 287,500 miles on it. In two years, the odometer now reads 333,500. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and add oil in-between oil changes. I do not hesitate to take this car on a 200+ mile trip. It is dependable and just keeps on running."

Truly is Built to Last!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"I had bought the car used and it had about 138,000 miles on it. The (one) previous owner to the car stated that he only drove the car in town and tended to beat on it a little bit (fast accelerating, hard braking, etc). I had my mechanic check over EVERYTHING. He stated that no parts appeared over worn or needed replacement in the near future. At about 164,000 it was in a collision, which damaged the exhaust manifolds and broke the water pump, so coolant and oil would leak out. I was continually filling it with water and going through two quarts of oil a week. I was told to drive the car until it died, because I didn't have the money needed to fix it. I was told the engine would just up and die without warning. At 186,600 miles, I came into some money and really wanted to fix this car. I replaced all the gaskets, injectors, water pump, timing belt, and exhaust. I was told by the very same mechanic that I had another 200,000 miles left in this car. Really built to last. In other aspects of the car, I think the stock interior was very plain and simple, and would recommend custom seat covers and floor mats. The car has some serious get-up-and-go, and the braking system is very precise. The suspension needs a little work, however. BUT THIS IS STILL A REALLY NICE CAR!"

very good & dependable

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Very dependable and ecomically to drive/ Average mileage is about 26 to 30 miles to a gallon of gas. Air is very cold and handling responsive. I now have over 294,000 miles on my car and don't know of any other car that is in this great shapes for it's year and mileage"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"248,800mi still amazing. CV joint repair and timing belt have been the only 2 major repairs totalling less than $1200 - AC is busted but it's only a luxury. Got this car 7 years ago with a used Collector Edition package meaning Lexus Paint, Faux Wood trim, leather interior, and nice wheels. Even with all the bonus-stuff it's still a cubby-styled camry. V6 has lots of power (~180hp) and still moves quick on the highway. Squishy suspension makes for smooth rides. Totally large enough for 4 (six foot) adults. Gets 30mpg when driving mostly highway. I'd buy this car again and again!"

Most reliable, cheapest to own, best looking, ever

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "honestly cannot think of one!"

"It is hard to find fault with this car. It owes me nothing! It hurts to sell it - but concerned because of its mileage and age. The body never rusted despite never being waxed - the paint always looked great after just a wash. This car must have been made at the peak of Toyota's reign as best car company for reliability. It was not a flashy car, just the perfect car for a family of average means."

Excellent car. The third toyota I have owned.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, reliability, easy to fix"

Cons: "struts"

"I have owned three toyotas. They are extremely reliable and easy to own. I have had difficulty with the struts on them but they are easy enough to replace. Since parts for the car are easily accessible and less expensive these days, I would recommend buying an older one in good condition to even a new driver. I do want to add that the newer toyotas don't seem to be as well made. That is why we have stuck with the older models."

Value! Value! Value!

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"My 2,4L, 4 cyl 1996 Camry LE is the most economical and dependable car I've ever owned. While lacking in acceleration (dog) and economy diminishing at higher highway speeds and "stop-n-go" driving, at 62 MPH with the "Cruise" on, it REALLY does get 31 to 34 M.P.G. on "regular" gas. It now has 144,300 miles on it (I bought it with 83,000 miles), burns almost NO oil, starts instantly, and has NEVER been towed or needed any serious repairs. It's depreciated $1740.00 since I bought it and added 62,300 miles. In short, it costs me less than 3 cents a mile in depreciation, runs perfectly, and owes me not a single cent. It's also very comfortable, not cramped, with a great sound system. For the economy-minded person it's an "11" on a scale of 10!!"

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"We have the priviliege of owning a 1993 Toyota Camry. My mom brought it in Feb. of 1993 with 3 miles on it. She drove this car for 11 yrs before giving it to me! I've been driving it for for almost five. This car is 15 yrs. old and I drive it 60 miles everyday! The transmission and engine are original. I love this car so much, it has never let us down 148,000 miles and it's still going strong. I'm buying an 06 in May only because it's time for me to upgrade. But I will not trade my baby in, it's being passed down to my 16 yaer old cousin. You don't sell Toyota's people, you buy them. Best car EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most Reliable

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"1994 V6 with 201000 miles: average hwy miles per gallon 26 to 30"

I love it!!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

"This is a great car, cheap to fix if you come across any issues, its dependable & reliable! I love the moon roof too! It rides smooth. Sometimes it takes a little to start up but it always does!"

Best Car for Mileage

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, smooth ride."

Cons: "Bad rear suspension and bushings"

"I bought this car in 1993 (new) and still have it. What surprises me is after 213,000 miles and 19-years, it still gives 26 miles per gallon on highway! Had some normal repairs but still very reliable and comfortable car. It is still fun to drive and runs very smooth! Only disappointment is in the rear suspension and bushings."

One of the best - mechanically going strong.

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "Great value, reliable transportation"

Cons: "Overall integrity has degraded, but it is understandable for a 17 year old car"

"Minor problems with power windows and interior wear and tear. Had engine seal replaced but no other issues."

Great reliable car for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price, Easy to drive, very reliable."

Cons: "Cup holders are a little too small."

"I have had this car for about a year and am looking to get something new, This was my first car that I paid for myself. If you're looking for a car that is not brand new but still runs like it is, this is the perfect car for you."

I'm spoiled by this car!

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"I currently own a 1996 camry and have had it for 5 years. Today I test drove a new 2010 Camry and was suprised to find that my '96 and the '10 drive very much the same, shifting was evenly as smooth, both rides glide over the road, and each lends itself to virtually no road noise. After driving the '10 I realized what an awesome car I have sitting in my driveway and how lucky I am not to have a car payment. One day I will replace my '96, but as far as I'm concerned its right up there with the new camry in terms of quality and ride. Way to go Toyota for building such an awesome car!"

Good car worth keeping

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"I bought my 1996 Camry new and still driving it. I had to have the AC replaced about 5 years ago, there was an issue with the starter about one year ago and I had it fixed pretty cheap. The driver side door handle broke and I had to replace it. This car drives very well and everytime when I had the idea of getting a new car, I ended up checking my 96 camry and felt it would be good for years to come. So I am stilling driving it."

Best Vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Bought my 1995 Camry LE 6 cyl. in 2001, it had 81,000 miles on it. I drove it until 2008 and when I gave it to my daughter, it had 216,000 miles on it, ran like a top. My daughter is still driving it, never any trouble, it now has 225,000 miles on it and going strong! I bought another Toyota Camry in 2008, it was used one year (a 2007 model) this one is a CE with a 4 cyl. because I heard the reports on the new 6 cylinder engines was bad. I hope the 2007 lasts as long as my 1995 did, with only routine maintenance. Did have to replace a couple of inside and outside door handles on the front doors, and had to have the rack and pinion steering worked on once, but total expenses for this was about $450.00 I couldn't have been happier with a car."

Pretty nice.

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I have owned my 1993 Toyota Camry LE for a few months now, bought used for $1900. It was a steal in the condition it is in. The only issues that I have noticed that is also with other Camry's is the interior Dome light has issues sometimes, the engine has a sludge problem, and the steering column somehow looses the screws which holds it into place. Also, after about 10 years, the door handles start to crack and break, and the hood struts begin to fail. The dash board is also prone to discoloration, as the once blue dash on my vehicle is now sea green... though this is fixable. Other things with the interior bug me.. the center console has cracks under the dash where the two meet, but you can't really see it. My vehicle is the 16 valve, 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, and i couldn't be more impressed with the engines punchy-ness. Pretty much the entire car is original and stock, I couldn't complain about the condition it is in for its age. I also noticed that other vehicles in the early 90's are very un-stylish, and blocky. This vehicle is a very nice vehicle, and I pride myself knowing I own a vehicle that used to be a crown jewel. PS: Camry is derived from the Japanese name for Crown."

Best car I ever had

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"This is an unbelievably good and reliable car! About 23mpg. Mine is still running strong at 220+++. Only major repair was replacing the alternator. Highly recommend!! Wish Toyota would make the Camry in a wagon again!!"

Best car I ever had.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Sturdy, reliable, economical (still getting 25 MPG with V6 with 156000 miles), easy to drive. Comfortable on the highway. Low wind noise. Much better built than the new Camrys. The body is tight and solid. Only maintenance items (brakes,battery) It still has the original exhaust system in good condition. I have really used the fold down back seats, much like a small mini truck. You can load 8ft 2 X 4's with no problems. I bought this car new."

95 XLE Camry with 270,000

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Excellent car! Kept up on the maintainance and the only problems I've had are the power steering rack leaked and the high pressure steering hose leaked. 270,000 and still running strong!"

Great All Around Performance Sedan

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this car new in 1995 fully loaded with everything Toyota offered on the V6XLE, which was the brand's flagship car for 1994. It still runs great, has plenty of power and never has brokedown. My daughter drives it now and I wouldn't put her on the road in this old of a car if I didn't still have the upmost confidence in it. The V6 XLE has the same engine and drivetrain and interior as the Lexus LS300. Solid car that has done justice by me and my family!"