2013 Toyota Avalon

8.4

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

Great commuter car

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Comfortable ride, new tech, gas saver"

Cons: "Corners and sudden accelleration the wheels spin"

"I really love this car. Seriously, the car is a gas saver if you want it and if you need power, you can switch to sport mode. I have the pearl white and just the XLE hybrid model. Backup camera and the center console is well built. Iphone somewhat integration. I'm right now averaging 34.4MPG combined and I use sides streets mostly to go to work. 11 miles one way. Comfortable seats. Cornering is not as good as my Camry hybrid 2007. It's probably heavier and bigger than the camry. Over all though, it's a 10 and i would recommend it."

Impeccably dependable

By on Thursday, September 29, 2016

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "no satellite radio"

"Perfection for three years. No problems, reliable performance. Smooth driving!"

Personally - It the best car I have ever owned -

By on Monday, November 13, 2017

Pros: "I am totally satisfied with the car and Im 56 yo."

Cons: "The fact the car has things I have never seen ever"

The Bad Dude -

"No words can describe this piece of art work in motion. You need to just drive one - this car rivals the best car makers out there including the higher end Lexus."

The Bad Dude -

Looking for my third Avalon

By on Saturday, November 4, 2017

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fuel economy has been and still is very good"

Cons: "Not too much nicer than my 2011"

"I spent two hours yesterday riding with a salesperson (he drove and I rode) in the 2018 Avalon Ltd. My current Avalon is a 2011 with 115,000 miles and fairly new Michelins. First, the tires. This had set for several days and the tires were flat spotted. After about 15 minutes driving they warmed up and got smoother. My Michelins (five sets on two Avalons) have never done that. The ride was about the same as my 2011 model, which is smooth but it cant hide the bumps and dips. The interior is a little more quiet up to about 35 mph, but at 65 mph it sounded like my 2011. If you are ONLY going to drive around town then it will seem quieter. But if you travel at highway speeds its not so quiet. Seats were comfy but not much more than my 2011 seats. The driver seat extender does no good unless your knee is only about 1 inch longer than the cushion. My knees are 4 inches past and the inflatable cushion did no good for me. The JBL sounds good at all speeds. Although the Toyota website shows that my Samsung J3 will work thru the JBL on the music aps (Pandora, etc) it will not do the wireless charging. We tried! Back seat and trunk are unchanged. Engine has a fan to cool it down when you turn it off, and it is a little noisy. But after maybe 5-6 minutes it shut down and the interior was quiet again. The 2018 has all the safety bells and whistles. Bottom line is I will probably move up to a new vehicle when my 2011 Avalon is ready to go. I like the camera system on the 2018 Camry but it only works in reverse. Several competing vehicles let it work anytime, front, side, or reverse. That would be helpful for my wife when parking. The salesperson suggested waiting until the 2019 Avalon comes out next year. Not a bad suggestion but if the features are similar to the new ones in the Camry they are not what Im looking for; which is a very very quiet ride at all speeds, better dampening of the bumps and dips, and having the camera system usable in any gear. A competing loaded model of the other Toyota line is the same price when two years old as the new Avalon loaded."

Nice styling.

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

"I've had my 2016 Toyota Avalon for 3 weeks. I bought the "entry level" XLE model. I bought it for the styling, price and, I hope, dependability. I previously owned a more extensively equipped Avalon for 14 years. I immediately noticed the ride was not as smooth as my older model and although the seats are leather, they are not as comfortable. I also noticed a lot of interior "short cuts" and that the road noise is much more noticeable. I use this car mostly for commuting to work, so didn't need the extra digital equipment. I would suggest that if you travel or do a lot of highway driving, you consider one of the higher end models. I like the car, but because I've had the experience of driving one of the more expensive offerings, I would compare all the Avalon models before you purchase one."