2011 Toyota Avalon

Based on 576 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

3rd one i owned all went at least 250,000

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "price is right for what you get...its a Lexus with"

Cons: "navigation is lousy and will fail"

"great highway milage. anywhere from 29 to 31 depending on highway speed and passenger load. No major repairs in 265,000 miles. navigation system is JUNK. at 265,000 the engine and transmission are like new. no rust. Nothing has failed except navigation and laser speed control and the laser is useless anyway for highway driving, in fact it is a menace to you and other drivers. Great ride and feel, roomy spacious,comfortable"

Excellent workmanship,

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage and very comforatble ride."

Cons: "Somewhat difficult to see when backing."

"Car gets over 30 MPG on the highway with a very powerful V6 engine. Excellent acceleration and it's very roomy on the inside. The back seat offers much more room than comparable sedans. A/C is very good in the summer heat and it has good visibility all around. Body is tight and there is little road noise."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"In 07 was looking to upgrade from 03 Camry XLE, checked out the Lexus ES350, Really liked the car, didn't like the High Test Gas. Went and drove the Avalon and my wife and I fell in love with a 07 Sea Pine XLS. Checked out a Buick Lucerne, Hyundia Azera, Caddy, Accura, of which none came even close to matching the Avalon in all around compairson. Mileage is great, on a trip of 270 miles on an Intersate, cruise set at 72, averaged over 35 mpg, Running around town 26-28 MPG. Problems: Transmission, The engine spooled before shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer reprogramed the computer fixed the problem, One Front Brake Roter warped, agin dealer fixed the problem. I don't have enough space to extol all the virtues of this vehicle. Would I buy another? As Palin would say "YOU BET-YA" Can't wait to see what they do with the 2010's"

I love this car!

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

"I have owned some great cars but this is the best! Safety is brilliant. Saved my hubby's life in a head-on collision he walked away from. The officer on the scene said "go buy this same car" (it was totaled) and we did. The only thing that we worry about is the rear view because of the wideness of the frame at each end of the rear window. So we look three times and lean."

A top choice favorite!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a dream, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not an SUV, sits lower than an SUV"

"Of all the cars I have owned, I place this one in the top 3. It is comfortable, responsive, and reliable. It is also beautiful and graceful. Iwould buy an Avalon again (it would be my third one) but I need the convenience of an SUV."