2010 Toyota Avalon

9.3

Based on 575 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

my 2nd Avalon

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "quiet, comfortable for long trips, great value"

Cons: "wind & road noise could be better"

"I am in my 70's and have had several new cars. I have had a Avalon 2005 and put 127,000 on it before selling it myself in one day and currently have a 2011 with 41,000 miles. Never a problem with either and I will be getting a 2015 or 2016 soon. The Avalon is the best overall car I have ever had. economical, very dependable & comfortable, very little depreciation. For us it is a prefect car."

600+ miles/wk, 31 mpg, comfortable & reliable

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"Bought new; affordable luxury. Commute over 600 miles/week averaging 31 mpg. Stable handling, quick pickup, plenty of reserve power, laser cruise works flawlessly. Smooth and quiet ride, comfortable cabin environment, large back seat (easily seats 3 adults). Reliable vehicle with only routine maintenance throughout over 83 K miles."

INCREDIBLE VALUE and RELIABILITY

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I bought this car when I was 40, coming out of several Corvettes and a Viper. I only found out later that the average age buyer of the Avalon is 62!! I didn't care. What a GREAT car. It is big, fast, smooth, and RELIABLE. I have been averaging over 26 miles per gallon with this car and NOT ONE single mechanical problem. I have put 95,000 miles on it in two and a half years. I have changed the oil consistently every 4,000 miles. This car still feels and drives like it did with 5 miles on it. The Toyota 3.5 variable timing motor is probably the smoothest most efficient six out there. Ive driven a G35, it feels the same performance wise but the motor is just thrashier and it wont get the same mileage as the Toyota. If front wheel drive doesnt bother you, buy the avalon..The only complaint I have is the paint chips a little too easily."

This is my favorite vehicle

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable,fun to drive,really takes off !"

"I have had more cars then most people have had hot meals.My 2007 Avalon is the most dependable,comfortable car I have ever had.Purchased used in 2010.I plan on keeping it as long as possible.I love everything about it.Especiaaly the ride comfort and the power of the engine.On the open road I have gotten 34 mpg.Around the city 24-26 mpg."

Completely Reliable

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and comfortable."

Cons: "Transmits road noise on highway to cabin."

"I drive this car every day in all weather. In the winter I change to 4 snow tires. The car looks brand new. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I have faithfully done routine maintenance, bought new tires in a timely fashion, and just installed new brakes for the second time (not bad at 180,000 miles). The dealer has done all my work. They routinely drive me from the dealership to my job and pick me up later. So far I have needed no additional work. I wish the car were quieter on the highway. It transmits road noise to the cabin. Summer mileage 28 mpg. Winter mileage 26 mpg. My goal: take it to 400,000 miles! Wish me luck."

This car saved my life.

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe"

"I was in an accident with a 2006 Avalon and was T-boned at 55mph and walked away. All safety equipment worked as designed and am so happy I'm going to get another one soon. THANKS TOYOTA."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 7, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, luxurious, attractive"

Cons: "Lacked some Limited features"

"We love all of the features. Bought used with 14,000 miles. Would like to have Limited version, but XLS is great."

touring

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"for the $$ their are alot of high end cars out their that the makers.. ie acura, volvo, bmw.. take much better care of you than toyota does. i had a high end car and miss that extra servies you get.. ie free rent a car with service.. for the $$$ of the same car. you get treated like you bought a yaris... toyota customer service is very lacking. they sell it as a first class car but you are treated like lare below coach class. i love the car.. its toyota and its poor customer service i dont like."

THE BEST EVER DRIVEN

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "EXTREMELY RELIABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE."

"I am a senior citizen. In the past, I have owned and driven A CHRYSLER IMPERIAL AND A CHRYSLER SEBRING, A CADILLAC, THEN A MERCEDES SEDAN. Never have I driven such car with such performance as my TOYOTA AVALON 2008 which I bought brand new. Since then, I have a very bad back, had multiple surgeries and so this car for me makes it extremely comfortable and reliable. The ride is also very smooth and quiet, I love it especially for long driving distances. This car has never let me down. It is a perfect dependable family cruising car, my younger son or daughter both when visiting me, enjoy driving it for me from time to time, even my COOL Soccer Player Grandson who's only 14 wishes he could drive it when he turns 16...LOL :). I will eventually trade it for a smaller TOYOTA car, because of my age and difficulties driving around now, since I only use my car for small errands anymore. However, I shall always miss my AVALON as it is such a great friend to have."

I used to LOVE my Avalon

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, quiet, safe, smooth ride"

Cons: "defective and poorly engineered transmission"

"I have had this car a bit over one year. Last night I blew the transmission for the second time. Needless to say, I am ticked. I want the Avalon to be perfect because it is such a nice car but the reason I spent a bit more for a car was for reliability's sake. Toyota no longer has my trust. And our dealership is a joke here. Would NEVER buy a car from them and I am beginning to question their skills in hiring knowledgeable people to work in their service department now too."