2009 Toyota Avalon

9.3

Based on 575 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

worst buy

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"My 2006 avalon visited more than 15 times the mechanics. More than eigth times with an oil leak, three times with problems with the lifters, problems with the passanger window and others problems. Is my worst buy The local Toyota customer service is the worst customer service in the world"

2002 AVALON WAS BETTEr

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is my second Avalon. I had a 2002 XL that I traded in for a 2007 XLS. There are times that I wish I had the 2002 back. The 2007 is a great road car and mileage is close to 30 MPG on long trips. It is comfortable and quiet. However, the 2002 was much quieter. My main issue with the 2007 is the engine clatters and knocks on cold start. This goes away after it gets warm but is extreme in cold weather. The dealer and area rep says this is ok and it will not hurt. I don't believe it. No engine should knock and clatter like it does. They say it is the short piston skirts. Go figure. I am hoping it blows before the warranty runs out. The other downside is the paint. Everything chips it and it has white undercoat on a red car. So every paint chip shows like a neon sign. I think they went cheap on paint in 2007. My 2002, same color, did not do this at all. I like riding in and driving the car but hate the engine clattering and banging. If the engine did not clatter and knock it would be the car of my dreams for serious road trips. It has 30,000 in 18 months."

Best vehicle I've ever bought.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"I've owned a Cadillac Deville, Lexus 350, Buick Park Avenue, Kia Amanti, Pontiac Bonneville, Infiniti Q-45 (2), Chrlsyer LHS, Nissan Maxima and the Toyota Avalon is by far the best vehicle I've eve owned. It's so quite you can't hear the engine running. I have gotten 33 MPG numerous times on trips. The interior is very roomy, especially the back seat. I would recommend it over any car except the new Hyundai Genesis. I think Hyundai has hit a home run on the Genesis."

Sweet Ride

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious drive for the price"

Cons: "A lttle plain looking"

"Actually had rented a few while travelling and became really attracted to the brand. Had had a Lexus 350 a few years before and the similarities are astonishing - the car is a great value for the features"

3rd one i owned all went at least 250,000

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "price is right for what you get...its a Lexus with"

Cons: "navigation is lousy and will fail"

"great highway milage. anywhere from 29 to 31 depending on highway speed and passenger load. No major repairs in 265,000 miles. navigation system is JUNK. at 265,000 the engine and transmission are like new. no rust. Nothing has failed except navigation and laser speed control and the laser is useless anyway for highway driving, in fact it is a menace to you and other drivers. Great ride and feel, roomy spacious,comfortable"

Excellent workmanship,

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage and very comforatble ride."

Cons: "Somewhat difficult to see when backing."

"Car gets over 30 MPG on the highway with a very powerful V6 engine. Excellent acceleration and it's very roomy on the inside. The back seat offers much more room than comparable sedans. A/C is very good in the summer heat and it has good visibility all around. Body is tight and there is little road noise."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"In 07 was looking to upgrade from 03 Camry XLE, checked out the Lexus ES350, Really liked the car, didn't like the High Test Gas. Went and drove the Avalon and my wife and I fell in love with a 07 Sea Pine XLS. Checked out a Buick Lucerne, Hyundia Azera, Caddy, Accura, of which none came even close to matching the Avalon in all around compairson. Mileage is great, on a trip of 270 miles on an Intersate, cruise set at 72, averaged over 35 mpg, Running around town 26-28 MPG. Problems: Transmission, The engine spooled before shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer reprogramed the computer fixed the problem, One Front Brake Roter warped, agin dealer fixed the problem. I don't have enough space to extol all the virtues of this vehicle. Would I buy another? As Palin would say "YOU BET-YA" Can't wait to see what they do with the 2010's"

I love this car!

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

"I have owned some great cars but this is the best! Safety is brilliant. Saved my hubby's life in a head-on collision he walked away from. The officer on the scene said "go buy this same car" (it was totaled) and we did. The only thing that we worry about is the rear view because of the wideness of the frame at each end of the rear window. So we look three times and lean."

A top choice favorite!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a dream, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not an SUV, sits lower than an SUV"

"Of all the cars I have owned, I place this one in the top 3. It is comfortable, responsive, and reliable. It is also beautiful and graceful. Iwould buy an Avalon again (it would be my third one) but I need the convenience of an SUV."

I have now owned 3 Toyota Camrys and 2 Avalons.

By on Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pros: "Toyota makes good quality, reliable,safe products."

Cons: "The 2004-05 recalls was handled professionally."

"I have now owned 3 Toyota Camrys and 2 Avalons, and I have been pleased with each car. My current car is a 2006 Avalon XLS which I bought in 2009 to replace my 2003 Avalon XL. I enjoy everything about the car: room, style, reliability, handling, quality, affordability, safety, etc. It is the same vehicle as the Lexus, but more affordable. I'm retired and don't drive as much, but my last car will probably be a Toyota product. I've been totally satisfied with all they've offered."