ZIP code

2008 Toyota Avalon

9.3

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

my 2nd Avalon

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "quiet, comfortable for long trips, great value"

Cons: "wind & road noise could be better"

"I am in my 70's and have had several new cars. I have had a Avalon 2005 and put 127,000 on it before selling it myself in one day and currently have a 2011 with 41,000 miles. Never a problem with either and I will be getting a 2015 or 2016 soon. The Avalon is the best overall car I have ever had. economical, very dependable & comfortable, very little depreciation. For us it is a prefect car."

INCREDIBLE VALUE and RELIABILITY

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I bought this car when I was 40, coming out of several Corvettes and a Viper. I only found out later that the average age buyer of the Avalon is 62!! I didn't care. What a GREAT car. It is big, fast, smooth, and RELIABLE. I have been averaging over 26 miles per gallon with this car and NOT ONE single mechanical problem. I have put 95,000 miles on it in two and a half years. I have changed the oil consistently every 4,000 miles. This car still feels and drives like it did with 5 miles on it. The Toyota 3.5 variable timing motor is probably the smoothest most efficient six out there. Ive driven a G35, it feels the same performance wise but the motor is just thrashier and it wont get the same mileage as the Toyota. If front wheel drive doesnt bother you, buy the avalon..The only complaint I have is the paint chips a little too easily."

600+ miles/wk, 31 mpg, comfortable & reliable

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"Bought new; affordable luxury. Commute over 600 miles/week averaging 31 mpg. Stable handling, quick pickup, plenty of reserve power, laser cruise works flawlessly. Smooth and quiet ride, comfortable cabin environment, large back seat (easily seats 3 adults). Reliable vehicle with only routine maintenance throughout over 83 K miles."

Amazing quality vehicle

By on Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pros: "Reliability, aesthetics, fuel efficiency, comfort"

Cons: "Rain sensing wipers, no fold down seats"

"I purchased this vehicle used and have subsequently put 200,000 miles on it. In that time, it has required precisely nothing other than routine maintenance items. It is a spectacular highway cruiser, which is where I put the vast majority of the miles on it. 30mpg at 70mph. My mixed driving is 26mpg with a light foot. The JBL audio system is superb, as is the fit and finish of the entire vehicle. My complaints against it are extremely minimal and, when compared to the complaints I've had against previous vehicles, are laughably insignificant. The laser cruise control is worthless. Yes, it maintains distance and applies braking correctly, but the only way it knows how to accelerate is by flooring the accelerator and it only brakes by slamming on the brakes. The cruise control on my 1998 pickup is vastly superior. The front seat backs have negative lumbar support which has necessitated me to utilize a pillow from Wal-Mart to comfortably operate the vehicle. The rain sensing wipers are useless. They run when there is no rain and refuse to run when there is rain. I would gladly pay to have a manual intermittent wiper control installed, but the dealer informed me it was not possible to retrofit. The one feature I wish it had that it lacks is folding rear seats. I have recently looked at the newer iterations of this vehicle as a result of being attacked by a suicidal deer and am sad to say the quality has clearly declined in each subsequent iteration. My vehicle with almost a quarter million miles on it is clearly better built and finished than the 2008+ models. I am paying out of pocket to repair my vehicle so I can continue to enjoy it and see it celebrate its 1,000,000 mile birthday. My minor complaints notwithstanding, I would absolutely recommend this vehicle (2005 - 2007 model years) to anyone looking for a very comfortable, highly dependable sedan. It definitely rates 9.9 out of 10."

This is my favorite vehicle

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable,fun to drive,really takes off !"

"I have had more cars then most people have had hot meals.My 2007 Avalon is the most dependable,comfortable car I have ever had.Purchased used in 2010.I plan on keeping it as long as possible.I love everything about it.Especiaaly the ride comfort and the power of the engine.On the open road I have gotten 34 mpg.Around the city 24-26 mpg."

Completely Reliable

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and comfortable."

Cons: "Transmits road noise on highway to cabin."

"I drive this car every day in all weather. In the winter I change to 4 snow tires. The car looks brand new. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I have faithfully done routine maintenance, bought new tires in a timely fashion, and just installed new brakes for the second time (not bad at 180,000 miles). The dealer has done all my work. They routinely drive me from the dealership to my job and pick me up later. So far I have needed no additional work. I wish the car were quieter on the highway. It transmits road noise to the cabin. Summer mileage 28 mpg. Winter mileage 26 mpg. My goal: take it to 400,000 miles! Wish me luck."

This car saved my life.

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe"

"I was in an accident with a 2006 Avalon and was T-boned at 55mph and walked away. All safety equipment worked as designed and am so happy I'm going to get another one soon. THANKS TOYOTA."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 7, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, luxurious, attractive"

Cons: "Lacked some Limited features"

"We love all of the features. Bought used with 14,000 miles. Would like to have Limited version, but XLS is great."

Best vehicle I've ever bought.

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"I've owned a Cadillac Deville, Lexus 350, Buick Park Avenue, Kia Amanti, Pontiac Bonneville, Infiniti Q-45 (2), Chrlsyer LHS, Nissan Maxima and the Toyota Avalon is by far the best vehicle I've eve owned. It's so quite you can't hear the engine running. I have gotten 33 MPG numerous times on trips. The interior is very roomy, especially the back seat. I would recommend it over any car except the new Hyundai Genesis. I think Hyundai has hit a home run on the Genesis."

touring

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"for the $$ their are alot of high end cars out their that the makers.. ie acura, volvo, bmw.. take much better care of you than toyota does. i had a high end car and miss that extra servies you get.. ie free rent a car with service.. for the $$$ of the same car. you get treated like you bought a yaris... toyota customer service is very lacking. they sell it as a first class car but you are treated like lare below coach class. i love the car.. its toyota and its poor customer service i dont like."