2007 Toyota Avalon

9.3

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

THE BEST EVER DRIVEN

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "EXTREMELY RELIABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE."

"I am a senior citizen. In the past, I have owned and driven A CHRYSLER IMPERIAL AND A CHRYSLER SEBRING, A CADILLAC, THEN A MERCEDES SEDAN. Never have I driven such car with such performance as my TOYOTA AVALON 2008 which I bought brand new. Since then, I have a very bad back, had multiple surgeries and so this car for me makes it extremely comfortable and reliable. The ride is also very smooth and quiet, I love it especially for long driving distances. This car has never let me down. It is a perfect dependable family cruising car, my younger son or daughter both when visiting me, enjoy driving it for me from time to time, even my COOL Soccer Player Grandson who's only 14 wishes he could drive it when he turns 16...LOL :). I will eventually trade it for a smaller TOYOTA car, because of my age and difficulties driving around now, since I only use my car for small errands anymore. However, I shall always miss my AVALON as it is such a great friend to have."

Sweet Ride

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious drive for the price"

Cons: "A lttle plain looking"

"Actually had rented a few while travelling and became really attracted to the brand. Had had a Lexus 350 a few years before and the similarities are astonishing - the car is a great value for the features"

3rd one i owned all went at least 250,000

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "price is right for what you get...its a Lexus with"

Cons: "navigation is lousy and will fail"

"great highway milage. anywhere from 29 to 31 depending on highway speed and passenger load. No major repairs in 265,000 miles. navigation system is JUNK. at 265,000 the engine and transmission are like new. no rust. Nothing has failed except navigation and laser speed control and the laser is useless anyway for highway driving, in fact it is a menace to you and other drivers. Great ride and feel, roomy spacious,comfortable"

Excellent workmanship,

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage and very comforatble ride."

Cons: "Somewhat difficult to see when backing."

"Car gets over 30 MPG on the highway with a very powerful V6 engine. Excellent acceleration and it's very roomy on the inside. The back seat offers much more room than comparable sedans. A/C is very good in the summer heat and it has good visibility all around. Body is tight and there is little road noise."

worst buy

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"My 2006 avalon visited more than 15 times the mechanics. More than eigth times with an oil leak, three times with problems with the lifters, problems with the passanger window and others problems. Is my worst buy The local Toyota customer service is the worst customer service in the world"

2002 AVALON WAS BETTEr

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is my second Avalon. I had a 2002 XL that I traded in for a 2007 XLS. There are times that I wish I had the 2002 back. The 2007 is a great road car and mileage is close to 30 MPG on long trips. It is comfortable and quiet. However, the 2002 was much quieter. My main issue with the 2007 is the engine clatters and knocks on cold start. This goes away after it gets warm but is extreme in cold weather. The dealer and area rep says this is ok and it will not hurt. I don't believe it. No engine should knock and clatter like it does. They say it is the short piston skirts. Go figure. I am hoping it blows before the warranty runs out. The other downside is the paint. Everything chips it and it has white undercoat on a red car. So every paint chip shows like a neon sign. I think they went cheap on paint in 2007. My 2002, same color, did not do this at all. I like riding in and driving the car but hate the engine clattering and banging. If the engine did not clatter and knock it would be the car of my dreams for serious road trips. It has 30,000 in 18 months."

A top choice favorite!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a dream, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not an SUV, sits lower than an SUV"

"Of all the cars I have owned, I place this one in the top 3. It is comfortable, responsive, and reliable. It is also beautiful and graceful. Iwould buy an Avalon again (it would be my third one) but I need the convenience of an SUV."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"In 07 was looking to upgrade from 03 Camry XLE, checked out the Lexus ES350, Really liked the car, didn't like the High Test Gas. Went and drove the Avalon and my wife and I fell in love with a 07 Sea Pine XLS. Checked out a Buick Lucerne, Hyundia Azera, Caddy, Accura, of which none came even close to matching the Avalon in all around compairson. Mileage is great, on a trip of 270 miles on an Intersate, cruise set at 72, averaged over 35 mpg, Running around town 26-28 MPG. Problems: Transmission, The engine spooled before shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer reprogramed the computer fixed the problem, One Front Brake Roter warped, agin dealer fixed the problem. I don't have enough space to extol all the virtues of this vehicle. Would I buy another? As Palin would say "YOU BET-YA" Can't wait to see what they do with the 2010's"

Absolutely love driving this Avalon!

By on Sunday, January 15, 2017

Pros: "excellent value"

"Feel like I found my dream car. Great for short and long distance driving and all are comfortable. Bought used with 5,600 miles. Really enjoy the features like navigation, sound system, heated seats and rear shade. Miss the Lexus customer service treatment a little, and will try a dealership in the next county for my next service."

Flawless, although we only drive about 8,000 miles

By on Thursday, November 3, 2016

Pros: "Luxury"

"We had a 1999 Avalon and it remains highly reliable. It's has over 200,000 miles and our daughter is delighted to have it. Wow, did Toyota upgrade the Avalon between 99 and 2006. We purchased this car with 50,000 miles for about $18,000I about four years ago. It was indistinguishable from a new. car.' I'd say we enjoy the "Limited" trim except I don't know what you lose as you drop to other trims. I can say we like everything about the car. I would classify it as a luxury car. It's great on trips, handles well, and we haven't had a hint of a mechanical problem. In a couple of years we'll probably buy another three-to-five year-old Avalon. If you have a winner, why switch?"