2002 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 455 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

Avalon

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"2000 was the first model year for this Avalon style. I have driven 25K miles per year, both in the cold of New England and the heat of Florida. Very reliable and still gives a quiet, comfortable ride after 200K miles."

Best Car Value Around

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"I have owned my 2001 Avalon since new. This car is the best car value anywhere. I have 120000 miles of trouble free motoring. Just normal maintenance and I changed the oil every 3000-4000 miles. Large comfortable and roomy. While at the dealership getting new brakes last week I purchased another new 2008 Avalon. Many of my friends and family have also purchased an Avalon based on my positive recommendation and experience. I kept my old Avalon to drive as a secord car. Shoot, with 120,000 miles it just getting broken in. What's really amazing is how the resale value has stayed so high. After owning it for 7+ years and 120,000 miles it is still worth about 33% of what I paid for it. I've owned big BMW's and Mercedes but the Avalon is 90%-95% as good as these other cars that cost 3 times more....the only real difference is the Avalon is a V6 vs. V8 in the high end expensive brands. The overall quality of the Avalon is every bit as high."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "Smooth, Comfortable"

Cons: "Not visually the best"

"I love my Toyota Avalon XLS! It runs so smooth and drives great with some power. I would definitely recommend this car."

see below

By on Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"I bought this car new in 2000. It has been an excellent choice. Service has been wonderful. I get asked if I have a new car. Comfort on trips are the best. The leather is in great shape. I have been so pleased with how the paint has held up so well. It still drives like a new car. I am always proud of my Avalon! I would buy another one!!"

Rroomy interior

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value large sedan."

Cons: "Handling on wet roads could be better."

"The Avalon is the best large sedan available. It has ample room for adults in both front and rear seats. The car is exceptionally quiet with a smooth ride and many subtle extras that improve its function. For example, there are hand grips above each door, air and heat ducts in both front and rear seats and hidden (pocketed) trunk hardware as well as many other small things that add up to better function and convenience. The car has performed extremely well, with routine maintenance and required no major repairs. All in all, the care has far exceeded my expectations."

Better than Lexus LS400

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious interior, regular unleaded,"

Cons: "Horizontal oil filter spills during changes."

"In 1998, we bought a '94 Lexus LS 400 and it was a wonderful car. After 8 years of ownership, it was time to go. We decided on a 2002 Avalon XLS with 48000 miles. This has been the greatest car. It rides every bit as quiet as the Lexus. It uses regular unleaded instead of premium (at 30 cents per gallon cheaper).We average 26mpg on the highway and 20 around our rural town; compared to 21/16. At 137000 miles, we just took a 600 mile trip to Florida for Christmas week, and nearly did it on one tank; averaging 28mpg overall. I am much more comfortable driving the Avalon than I was in the Lexus. I am 6' tall. I can sit in the very comfortable rear seat with the driver seat all the way back, and still not touch the front seat with my knees. This wasn't the case with the Lexus. I change the oil every 3000 to 4000 miles. Never had an engine problem. I did have a dealer do the 100000 mile service(spark plugs, timing belt, etc.) Nothing done to the transmission. I had the struts changed at 125000 even though the mechanic said they were OK. I am getting a few dashboard warning lights on for the VSC which the mechanic's computer won't diagnose. They go off for a week and then come back on. All in all, if we do get tired of this Avalon, there will be another one in our future."

Perfect Combination of Luxury and Reliability

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Bought from lease return with about 30K miles, now 100K. Comfortable to drive. Change oil every 3K and regular major maintance and it should be good for another 100K at least. Even the back seat is comfortable for large adults. This is what I always thought a luxury car should be like."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I've owned my 2002 Toyota Avalon for 7 mos..It has been the best car I've ever owned. I bought it w/ 98k miles and I feel that it is just broke in. Exellent ride as well. I definitely would suggest an Avalon to others looking for a great car at an affordable price."

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Best car I've ever had. Averaging 25 MPG in town and 29 on the Hwy. Never a problem."

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Bought this car new and love it. It has a large interior though the outside looks smaller. And--what a ride--it's like floating. The car is very responsive. I love the styling of this year model over the newer body styling. The reliability is second to none. I would buy another."