2001 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 455 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

Avalon

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"2000 was the first model year for this Avalon style. I have driven 25K miles per year, both in the cold of New England and the heat of Florida. Very reliable and still gives a quiet, comfortable ride after 200K miles."

Best Car Value Around

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"I have owned my 2001 Avalon since new. This car is the best car value anywhere. I have 120000 miles of trouble free motoring. Just normal maintenance and I changed the oil every 3000-4000 miles. Large comfortable and roomy. While at the dealership getting new brakes last week I purchased another new 2008 Avalon. Many of my friends and family have also purchased an Avalon based on my positive recommendation and experience. I kept my old Avalon to drive as a secord car. Shoot, with 120,000 miles it just getting broken in. What's really amazing is how the resale value has stayed so high. After owning it for 7+ years and 120,000 miles it is still worth about 33% of what I paid for it. I've owned big BMW's and Mercedes but the Avalon is 90%-95% as good as these other cars that cost 3 times more....the only real difference is the Avalon is a V6 vs. V8 in the high end expensive brands. The overall quality of the Avalon is every bit as high."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "Smooth, Comfortable"

Cons: "Not visually the best"

"I love my Toyota Avalon XLS! It runs so smooth and drives great with some power. I would definitely recommend this car."

see below

By on Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"I bought this car new in 2000. It has been an excellent choice. Service has been wonderful. I get asked if I have a new car. Comfort on trips are the best. The leather is in great shape. I have been so pleased with how the paint has held up so well. It still drives like a new car. I am always proud of my Avalon! I would buy another one!!"

Rroomy interior

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value large sedan."

Cons: "Handling on wet roads could be better."

"The Avalon is the best large sedan available. It has ample room for adults in both front and rear seats. The car is exceptionally quiet with a smooth ride and many subtle extras that improve its function. For example, there are hand grips above each door, air and heat ducts in both front and rear seats and hidden (pocketed) trunk hardware as well as many other small things that add up to better function and convenience. The car has performed extremely well, with routine maintenance and required no major repairs. All in all, the care has far exceeded my expectations."