2000 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 455 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

Better than Lexus LS400

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious interior, regular unleaded,"

Cons: "Horizontal oil filter spills during changes."

"In 1998, we bought a '94 Lexus LS 400 and it was a wonderful car. After 8 years of ownership, it was time to go. We decided on a 2002 Avalon XLS with 48000 miles. This has been the greatest car. It rides every bit as quiet as the Lexus. It uses regular unleaded instead of premium (at 30 cents per gallon cheaper).We average 26mpg on the highway and 20 around our rural town; compared to 21/16. At 137000 miles, we just took a 600 mile trip to Florida for Christmas week, and nearly did it on one tank; averaging 28mpg overall. I am much more comfortable driving the Avalon than I was in the Lexus. I am 6' tall. I can sit in the very comfortable rear seat with the driver seat all the way back, and still not touch the front seat with my knees. This wasn't the case with the Lexus. I change the oil every 3000 to 4000 miles. Never had an engine problem. I did have a dealer do the 100000 mile service(spark plugs, timing belt, etc.) Nothing done to the transmission. I had the struts changed at 125000 even though the mechanic said they were OK. I am getting a few dashboard warning lights on for the VSC which the mechanic's computer won't diagnose. They go off for a week and then come back on. All in all, if we do get tired of this Avalon, there will be another one in our future."

Perfect Combination of Luxury and Reliability

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Bought from lease return with about 30K miles, now 100K. Comfortable to drive. Change oil every 3K and regular major maintance and it should be good for another 100K at least. Even the back seat is comfortable for large adults. This is what I always thought a luxury car should be like."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I've owned my 2002 Toyota Avalon for 7 mos..It has been the best car I've ever owned. I bought it w/ 98k miles and I feel that it is just broke in. Exellent ride as well. I definitely would suggest an Avalon to others looking for a great car at an affordable price."

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Best car I've ever had. Averaging 25 MPG in town and 29 on the Hwy. Never a problem."

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Bought this car new and love it. It has a large interior though the outside looks smaller. And--what a ride--it's like floating. The car is very responsive. I love the styling of this year model over the newer body styling. The reliability is second to none. I would buy another."