1998 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 329 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Exceptional Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I bought this Avalon with a 110,000 miles on it and I now have over 215,000 miles on it. It still rides, performs and is just a very confortable car, far better than most new cars. I'm in the car business and I kinda know what I am talking about. If all cars were as good as this Avalon, the the car business would be in serious trouble. I am very grateful that they are not."

Buying another one

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Terrific value. Friends can't believe how much leg room front & back. Smooth, quiet ride. Classy interior. 140,000 miles and rides like new. Buying another one & will give this one to the kids."

I love my Toyota Avalon

By on Tuesday, March 28, 2017

"I own this car currently at 250,000. This car has been so reliable and comfortable. At first sight many think it is a Lexus. The engine is flawless. It is a beautiful car. I hope they they make the newer versions just like this one!"

True Blue

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Best riding vehicle I have been in."

Cons: "Strut noise early on in car's life. Had to replac"

"This car is the best car I have ever owned. Purchased it new and will keep it forever. Only have done routine maintenance with timing belt at 100K and strut bearing replacement at 80K. This is a car made for a comfortable ride and drives like dream. Cruises easily at 80 mph."

Hate to let it go

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Best price, value, performance, and dependability"

Cons: "thieves like them too much"

"I purchased my Avalon used in 1999 with 65000 miles already on it. It was my first non-American manufactured vehicle, but the price was so much better than comparable cars at the time. The car was not equipped with leather interior, but my wife got the dealer to install it. That actually gave the car a "showroom new" appearance, so we were quite pleased with our purchase. The rest is a near story-book like relationship - we almost lived happily ever after. I've now owned the car for 12 worry-free years. The only cost beyond regular maintenance (gas,oil tires, brakes) has been the replacement of the air conditioner evaporator in May 2011. I've never had a single problem other than that until two months ago. Someone broke in through the driver's door and tried to steal the car by jamming something into the ignition, damaging both. I was able to fix the ignition by re-aligning the tumblers with my key. I also fixed the door, but a few days later it failed to open and had to be repaired again - three more times. Finally, I took it to a dealer, but they want $2600 to fix it, and the car is only worth about $2000 according to KBB. So, I'm now looking to buy another, newer Avalon. I remember the ad campaign years ago for Toyota: "Oh what a feeling!" It featured proud owner's jumping up"