1997 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 328 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Solid Quality Car

By on Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Received a hand-me down 97 Avalon from my parents when they upgraded to an 2008. I am so impressed with the quality and staying power. I have 349K miles on the car and just drove it for a 1500 mile roadtrip at 30 mpg highway. Probably paid for the new battery compared to my old gas guzzler. Comfortable ride...plenty of power...great vehicle to buy."

smooth

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"i have had my 1996 avalon for 8 1/2 years. it has roughly 160000 miles on it now as the odometer has stopped working. i have had to replace the rack and pinion, i have replaced all struts and i had the antenna repaired (it stopped retracting). i gave it to my daughter 3 1/2 yrs ago and i just recently gave her my 1996 4runner. so i have the avalon once again. i plan on keeping it for maybe couple of yrs. local driving i get 22 mpg. i love driving it. it has one small rust spot starting to develope on passenger side rear wheel well. the headlight lens are very blurry and old looking, but work well. it isn't worth much, so i will keep for a while. it would be kinda expensive go in dept for another car and have to pay $3.10 a gallon for gas at the same time. i have spent roughly $1600.00 on repair and labor in the last 8 1/2 years on this car. hope this helps someone. lw"

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I have owned this car for 10 years and it is the finest vechile I've ever owned. Not one problem even minor. Every thing except the battery & tires are original after114,000 miles. Top quality. No wonder Toyota is now the largest car manufacture in the world."

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good mileage, reliable, good ride."

Cons: "Smooth steering does not "feel" the road."

"Bought this car used at 2 yrs of age in 1997. I have always enjoyed driving, packing, and traveling in this car! The TRUNK is awsome! Load it up and it still gets 29 MPG on the road! I kept wondering when I was going to have to replace it, but in 19 years have only replaced the torque converter, front axles (cheaper than replacing just the CV boots now), a water pump and fuel pump (just last year), and then just general maintenance! Changed the oil religiously every 3K miles. I did have to replace the sub-woofers in the doors when one finally started rattling 2 years ago. Car is Quiet! Sound is great! Mileage is great! Still a good car if it has been maintained!"

This has been a great car.

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "For a car of this size, it gets great gas mileage"

"This has been a great car. I bought it with 89000 miles on it and it now has 220000. It is comfortable, dependable, safe, etc. I love this car."