1995 Toyota Avalon

9.4

Based on 329 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Very reliable.

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Comfortable, reliable, good mileage, owned since new. AC fan has problems, hard to fix."

Best car I've ever owned, hands down

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Non"

"I'm shopping for another car and keep coming back to the Avalon. After considering about every other car out there, I've come to realize that the most bang for my buck, in the long run, is probably another Avalon. I'm considering upgrading a few years but I know I'll still be getting a great car. Amazingly, this car doesn't burn oil even though it has over 300,000 miles on it. The transmission seems excellent too. At 200 hp, it will outperform our 2005 Impala with 215 hp by quite a margin. The Impala speedometer goes to 120 mph since it is the smaller 3.4L 215 hp engine. The Avalon has a 3.0L 200 hp engine but the speedometer goes up to 140 mph. I believe the Avalon could do the 140 mph. The ECT button (electronic control transmission) when engaged delays shifting for sport performance. It will lay you back in your seat and really scoot when you need it to. I was tempted to teach a newer Mustang a lesson at a stop light one time but decided to be nice to him :) I really think I could have given him some trouble, even though he had the big bad V8 and a girl friend he needed to impress.... One other thing - this car is very, very comfortable. I'm 6'-2" tall. This car sits and rides so well! The back seat has plenty of room too! The final word on the mechanical aspect - This car is very quiet. I've tried to restart it on more than one occasion only to discover that it was already running. I soon learned that you had to listen real close to make sure it was running :)"

i love this car

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Reason: time for mom to get a newer car

Pros: "reliable, huge trunk, great gas mileage, holds 5 adults comfortably"

"This has been the most worry free, reliable, useful, good looking car i have ever owned. I (and my teenagers) have put 100,000 miles on it in the last 8 years. I bought it used with low miles knowing it would carry me and my kids safely and without any problems. The trunk is HUGE, roomy back seat (kids called it a limo). It has been worth every penny and more! It still has much life left in it- and with good conscience, i will sell it to a friend- can't do that with many cars! The mileage has been 22/28 on regular gas with synthetic oil changes every 5000 miles."

Exceptional Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I bought this Avalon with a 110,000 miles on it and I now have over 215,000 miles on it. It still rides, performs and is just a very confortable car, far better than most new cars. I'm in the car business and I kinda know what I am talking about. If all cars were as good as this Avalon, the the car business would be in serious trouble. I am very grateful that they are not."

Buying another one

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Terrific value. Friends can't believe how much leg room front & back. Smooth, quiet ride. Classy interior. 140,000 miles and rides like new. Buying another one & will give this one to the kids."