2014 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2010 - 2018 models.

Love my 4Runner

By on Monday, January 30, 2017

Pros: "spacious, peppy engine, extremely reliable,"

Cons: "not good for long legs, stiff ride"

"With over 216000 miles, I am considering replacing my 2007 Toyota 4Runner. This is a difficult decision because I have never owned a vehicle that has been as reliable. The only reason I am not replacing it with another 4Runner is because of leg room. My husband is 6'4" and does not fit comfortably behind the wheel. This is not an issue for me. We have NEVER had any work done on this vehicle other than replacing tires, changing oil, battery (twice) serpentine belt and windshield. Seriously, no issues with this car. I'm scared to buy anything else after the reviews I've read about other makes and models."

Traded a 2014 SR5 for a 2016 SR5 Premium

By on Monday, January 2, 2017

Reason: Lease a new 4 runner

Pros: "Lots of extras in every model"

Cons: "gas mileage , added running boards for better look"

"I hunt every fall in upper MI off road on 2 tracks. Never a problem very sure footed. Hi-way driving was comfortable and safe, dry, rain or snow. Base model is well equipped. My 2nd SR5 premium has sun roof, pseudo leather, w/out the extra seating. Plenty of room with a nice roof rack, heated seats, both electric adjustments."

2016 4Runner SR5 Premium 5 stars *****

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pros: "Great value for the price, we love our 4Runner"

Cons: "4wd selector is an weird place, thats it"

"This is a highly under rated vehicle. We love it. We owned a 2004 4Runner prior to purchasing this. The reliability on the 4Runners (at least for us) has been great. Vehicle is on a truck frame so the ride is little different than a crossover but it is not an issue to us at all. We love that the rear window goes up and down. Controls are easy. The one thing, the 4WD selector is in a weird place, right next to the front cup holder. I think a better place would have been next to heat controls, more out of the way. Head room with sun roof is a about 1" less than our older model, but so far not an issue. Backup camera is nice to have. Engine has plenty of power. We have noticed the mileage is 1-2 MPG lower than our old model and whats rated but we live in a very cold climate and maybe it needs to be broke in also. We are seeing 19 MPG HWY & 16-17 average. Not sure we will monitor and see what changes come summer. Seats are comfortable, ride for us is quiet. View area is clear, A-pillars are not overly obstructive."

4Runner 4Ever!

By on Thursday, September 14, 2017

Pros: "Quality, dependability, durability, fun to drive"

Cons: "No blind-spot monitoring"

"Purchased new Gray Metallic w/Redwood seats 2017 4Runner Limited 4X4 and loving it! Rides very comfortable Id say even fun to drive. Feels sturdy when going over bumps with no rattling. The Limited edition has everything you could want minus the blind spot monitoring which Toyota should include however you do get an excellent field of vision as you sit high like in a truck. I got the optional 3rd row seat since we travel alot with friends and we all pile in but I will say smaller people will fit best back there and only for shorter trips as theres not much leg room. 2nd row seats are great, comfy and roomy and even recline. The V6/270 HP engine is not what I would describe as quick but you can definitely feel the torque of power there when you need to speed up. Its a beautiful vehicle inside and out and well thought out and made and no wonder it hasnt changed much year after year. The Entune Premium JBL infotainment system you will either love or hate and the radio screen is smaller on 4Runners than on the Highlander or even Tacoma Limited editions and Id like to see Toyota change that but over-all Im happy with the phone pairing and use as well as the Navigation features and voice command features of Entune. The AC system is powerful and cold air feels great here in Central Texas. Im still in the break-in period so I have not towed anything yet or been off-roading but those things are legendary for Toyota and the 4Runner so I dont expect any surprises there. If youre considering which 4Runner model to get and you do not plan on doing any serious off-roading Id go with the Limited edition since it has all the creature comforts at the top of the line but is still capable enough to give you 4X4 when you need it. All-in all Im very happy with my purchase and would do it again exactly the same if given a choice. I also have a Tundra and the wife drives an Avalon and we got both through Toyota Financial at zero percent interest but Ive never seen Toyota offer the 4Runner at zero so I ended up going with a local credit union at 3.45 percent for 72 months."

Love this truck, just like my last one 1998

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "Safe, reliable, low maintenance. Overall champion."

Cons: "Blind Spot, parking assist, brake assist, lack DVD"

"I went from a 1998 4runner SR5 to a 2012 Limited. Loved both and will continue to buy the 4runner. I bought the CPO Limited with 45k in 2014. It performs very well in all conditions. Was just in a snow storm in VT(12 inches) and have 4/32 left of tread on the tires. You would have thought they were snow tires. Not an inkling of hesitation in the snow when in H4X4. During week I use as a commuter vehicle and get 18mpg. Love it and its versatility. When I have 150k on it, will sell to someone for 10k and get another CPO. That's the way to get the most value out of Toyotas."