2012 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

no repairs at all in 96000 just regular maintance

By on Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pros: "has plenty of power for my needs"

Cons: "gps is old school"

"Have had 2 Tacomas each with 300000 miles plus less than 1000 repairs on each! Hopefully the forerunner does the same as it is on a Tacoma frame and motor. only negative is milage 17.70 new that going in"

2016 4Runner SR5 Premium 5 stars *****

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pros: "Great value for the price, we love our 4Runner"

Cons: "4wd selector is an weird place, thats it"

"This is a highly under rated vehicle. We love it. We owned a 2004 4Runner prior to purchasing this. The reliability on the 4Runners (at least for us) has been great. Vehicle is on a truck frame so the ride is little different than a crossover but it is not an issue to us at all. We love that the rear window goes up and down. Controls are easy. The one thing, the 4WD selector is in a weird place, right next to the front cup holder. I think a better place would have been next to heat controls, more out of the way. Head room with sun roof is a about 1" less than our older model, but so far not an issue. Backup camera is nice to have. Engine has plenty of power. We have noticed the mileage is 1-2 MPG lower than our old model and whats rated but we live in a very cold climate and maybe it needs to be broke in also. We are seeing 19 MPG HWY & 16-17 average. Not sure we will monitor and see what changes come summer. Seats are comfortable, ride for us is quiet. View area is clear, A-pillars are not overly obstructive."

Traded a 2014 SR5 for a 2016 SR5 Premium

By on Monday, January 2, 2017

Reason: Lease a new 4 runner

Pros: "Lots of extras in every model"

Cons: "gas mileage , added running boards for better look"

"I hunt every fall in upper MI off road on 2 tracks. Never a problem very sure footed. Hi-way driving was comfortable and safe, dry, rain or snow. Base model is well equipped. My 2nd SR5 premium has sun roof, pseudo leather, w/out the extra seating. Plenty of room with a nice roof rack, heated seats, both electric adjustments."

Love this truck, just like my last one 1998

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "Safe, reliable, low maintenance. Overall champion."

Cons: "Blind Spot, parking assist, brake assist, lack DVD"

"I went from a 1998 4runner SR5 to a 2012 Limited. Loved both and will continue to buy the 4runner. I bought the CPO Limited with 45k in 2014. It performs very well in all conditions. Was just in a snow storm in VT(12 inches) and have 4/32 left of tread on the tires. You would have thought they were snow tires. Not an inkling of hesitation in the snow when in H4X4. During week I use as a commuter vehicle and get 18mpg. Love it and its versatility. When I have 150k on it, will sell to someone for 10k and get another CPO. That's the way to get the most value out of Toyotas."

Great quality value

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "Quality build, smooth ride, storage space, quite"

Cons: "Poor MPG, essential tech features"

"I previously owned a Jeep Wrangler Sahara valued at $42k, the Limited 4Runner is at $45k, at a $3k difference the value of the 4Runner Limited is far greater. The quality build, solid components, materials used, smooth ride, quite ride, engine and transmission operate smoother, much more room. It really is surprising how much of a difference $3k makes between these two vehicles. I had the Wrangler for over 45,000 miles and there were always small issues here and there. The 4Runner has been solid through 14,000 miles. The ride comfort makes driving long distances a breeze. Tons of storage space and even more with the seats folded down. The automatics running boards are an add one but I feel are worth it for the convenience and style factor. On the down side the gas mileage is just as terrible as the Wrangler Sahara which either means the Wrangler had decent gas mileage or the 4Runner is just plain bad. As an example a co-worker drives a 12yr old 4Runner and we get the same mpg @ 16 city and 19 highway. At this price point and cost it is missing a few items: 1 - blind spot sensors 2 - additional wood grain options 3 - additional camera viewing angles 4 - remote start There are Mazda 3's, Chevy Cruze and Honda Fits as an example that have these features at nearly half the price. Overall I am pleased with the 4Runner and would recommend as a purchase to others."