2011 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

They don't come any better than a 4Runner!!

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Strong and dependable and worth every dollar!"

Cons: "Externally operated gas access door."

"This is my second 4Runner (I had the first one for 13 years!) and I love this one also. It is comfortable, a joy to drive, and feels stong and dependable (Duh, it IS a Toyota!)I work them very hard in the woods, pulling a heavy trailer, and carrying loads for friends whose vehicles won't hold the items. It has operated flawlessly. The only thing I miss that my old one had is an internal gas access door. I do not like the gas access door being unlockable. Other than that, it is an investment that anyone who can afford one should consider."

Excellent Vehicle - Tough to compare to others

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, very capable & reliable"

Cons: "No remote fuel filler latch. Only 5 gears."

"I replaced a Lexus IS350 with this so performance & handling are vastly different. The 4Runner will GO if you push it but it's no speed demon - but that's not what it's for. I find that it can get squirrelly when you go much above 80 - particularly on windy days. That aside I am very pleased with driving characteristics. Decent turning radius, smooth ride. Handles potholes a lot better that the old IS did. The ability to flip into 4wd is what I wanted and this baby does not disappoint. It will go nearly anywhere. I see a significant improvement in MPG at 75mph vs 80mph. Would love to have one more gear but the 5 are very well spaced & perform very well. Some of the interior could use softer touch materials but I bought it knowing about this so I'll end that whine here. Like many others I find no viable excuse for the absence of a remote fuel door release. Roomy, comfortable, very capable & outstanding reliability. Will keep this baby for a long time."

Awesome vehicle and value for the dollar

By on Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pros: "Excellent build and quality"

Cons: "No locking fuel filler"

"I own a 2013 limited for 1mo+ with 800 flawless miles, and I also still own a 2003 toyota 4R SR5 with 125+k flawless miles. I would have bought it in 2010, but they had took away the auto rear locking hatch and remote locking fuel filler door, so i waited for them to bring it back but they haven't. However, my wife wanted it, so i traded my '08 TSB & recall ridden and mechanically flawed pontiac and kept her 2003 Toyota 4R SR5 which i plan to own for another 5 years at least. And yes, it is, that sound and rock solid still. But upon close examination of the 2013 Toyota 4R, I came to find out the auto-locking rear hatch isn't really needed at all on the new model as it closes with the same ease as the previous. in fact, the previous one has been a hinderance because a couple ppl have slammed it in closing it, unawares that it is auto-self locking. Lucky for us it is Toyota build quility, and nothing at all has happened as a result. As for the lack of a locking fuel door, I installed a stant locking gas cap with no adverse or service engine light issues so far whatsoever. But yes, they need to bring the old locking fuel filler door back for convenience sake. I also though the quality of the plastic on the interior of the new one was of inferior quality, until I brought it home and compared it with the old one, side by side. Happy to say they both appear to have the same lvl of quality except for the glove box door, which is substantially lighter than the old one. It is however excellent quality, and a much better fit and finish than the vehicle i traded it for, and on which I had to replace the globe box lock that fell apart when it was less than a year of ownership. The factory paint job is Toyota flawless quality, but the dealer prep was lacking, as I had tar over-spray in the driver's bottom rocker panel that they didn't remove after washing. The factory does apply special paint protection treatment to the bottom of vehicle to protect against chips and stones that looks like a defect or paint ripples, but trust me it is not, and i have that on my 10 year old 4R as well. I must say that after having spent 30+ years in the automotive service industry, and owning many different type & brands of vehicles, the new Toyota 4R still gets my nod of approval for mechanical and workmanship excellence."

Love my 4Runner!

By on Thursday, June 2, 2016

"Growing up I always wanted a 4Runner. Not only for it's design but for it's unequaled reliability! When Toyota came out with the 5th Generation 4Runner I was even more impressed by the design so we eventually bought one. The ride quality on this 4Runner is very different from most true off-road sport utilities. The Limited comes with Toyota's X-REAS system and it acts like a sports car when driving on asphalt but off-road it still performs the way it should. Our only complaint is the lack of space when there is a car seat (but that's not Toyota's fault). Also, there is very little compartments to keep change, keys, etc. other than the glove box and center arm rest. Most vehicles have little pockets to keep stuff. I can only assume they do not have these because it's meant for off road and any open compartment wouls be emplty of it's contents pretty fast!"

6.5? Really KBB? This 4Runner is the best!

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Pros: "Off roading, fun to drive, looks great, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage only ok for the 4x4, stock tires poor"

"Go anywhere, sleep in the back. Haul whatever you need up to 5000lbs. 4x4 Tahoe, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Santa Fe, 4x4 Suburban and 4x4 Expedition- my 2015 4Runner Limited has pulled them all out of Tennessee snow and mud. This thing just won't get stuck and can climb almost everything my buddy's Wrangler can. Throw on a set of all terrain tires onto the stock wheels to replace the terrible factory ones and you've got yourself a beastly offroad capable SUV that still looks fantastic on the street and drives/rides great. Plus this thing will never break down and retains it value better than any other SUV, on par with the four door wranglers."