2011 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2010 - 2018 models.

Does not match up to the 2005 4Runner.

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Good Handlng; Smooth ride; Roomy;"

Cons: "OEM tires; ECO display; Sun Visor; Underpowered;"

"I have just had the first oil change on my 2014 4Runner Trail 4WD for which I traded my 2005 4Runner 4WD Sport. There are a large number of things I do not like about the 2014 model when compared to the 2005. It seems many things were cheapened. LIKES: •Rides very smoothly and handles very well. •Quite roomy for our purposes •Manual heating/cooling much better than the automatic •Time and temperature display can be seen in daylight unless headlights are on •Users manual has page number references •Evidently the rear tail gate no longer has a motorized closure; For the 2005 I spent $1200 on two occasions to have the closure mechanism repaired from the fine dust that entered from our unimproved roads that combined with rainwater. •12v, 110v, and USB outlets DISLIKES: •No bug screen. I did not realize how much that helped with the bugs on the windscreen •Sun visor has a funky small center pull out section which does absolutely no good; 2005 entire sun visor moved on its support and did the job plus it had a small auxiliary visor for the front which was very useful on our winding mountain roads at sunrise and sunset. •A stupid ECO display that tells me when I am accelerating takes up valuable instrument panel display area and is totally worthless and a waste of money. I really DO know when I am accelerating •No covers on storage compartments to keep items from falling out •Time and temperature display cannot be seen in daylight when headlights are on, but could not be seen at all on the 2005 in daylight. •The vehicle is underpowered and cannot easily climb a 20 percent grade on the unimproved road leading to my house. With a light ATV trailer I must be in second gear and in four wheel drive to crawl up •Outside mirror is easily moved when pushed on when mirror has been retracted. 2005 model was much more substantial •Gas cap no longer has a locking mechanism •OEM tires not made for unimproved roads. After 2,000 miles I was climbing the steep hill on the unimproved road to my house, which I drive daily. Something punctured the tire in the center of the tread to an extent that the tire could not be repaired, It forced me to purchase a new tire for a spare and trade in the entire set (for $50.00) for real tires. The same thing can be said for the quality of the OEM tires on the 2005 model; on two occasions, a tire shredded going down my road when they went flat and I did not realize it. •The KDSS is confusing and difficult to understand and seems to be a waste of money for a vehicle that is not routinely used off road. I do need the features to be used in deep snow in the northern mountains of NM. •Not any address can be entered into the Navigational system. If the address has no default it cannot be entered. I cannot enter the street number for a house that is in a long established area. •All four windows being fully automatic down is unnecessary and makes it difficult to crack the windows open to reduce heat buildup •Finally, the emergency kit and the first aid kit have been cheapened - both the contents ant the storage containers"

old friend and new friend

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"There are few things that will bring a tear to a grown man's eye. Retiring an old friend after 11 years of loyal service is one of those things. I've put almost 200K miles of adventures on this bad boy, through my early twenties and early thirties. Despite the means to replace it long ago, I've kept it in service because I've kept the exterior up well, it's got a nice enough interior (although mobile audio technology changed since 2003) and it just works. Let me say that again. IT JUST WORKS. You are not going to find another SUV (in this price range) that can take you to a business meeting on Friday, up a steep craggy mountain trail on Saturday, and the family to church on Sunday...WITHOUT FAIL year after year. My 4runner is almost 12, and it drives and sounds like a 12 year old truck, that has unfortunately been in two accidents. I love it but it's time to let it go. I'm not ready to upgrade to a Landcruiser just yet, so I'm getting the next best thing, another 4runner. If you enjoy the outdoors and you need an SUV, this is THE ONE."

Very Dissapointed

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "Resale value"

Cons: "Very poor MPG, Poor acceleration, cheap Paint"

"This 2013 Toyota 4Runner is a huge dissapointment. I only have 2,000 miles on it and will be trading it in now only after having it five weeks. I'm only averaging 16.1 MPG average. The steering ratio isn't as good as the older 4Runners such as 2004. The vehicle really leans to the side when turning on curved roads. There are some cabin noises which are annoying that tend to increase as i continue driving it. The paint scratches easier than my 2004 4Runner. The power in this engene isn't enough since this vehicle already weighs more than 4,700 pounds. It requires too much work to get enough power to pass someone when needed. Very disappointed with the horrible steering ratio, very poor MPG, and lack of horse power/torque. Out of a scale of 1 to 10 I would only rate the 2013 4Runner a 3."

It's another Toyota, Dependable, but overpriced

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, capable, large cargo capacity."

Cons: "Paint, technology, overpriced"

"I mean, I'm not a Toyota hater, and I've owned this car for three years. I like it a lot, but I feel like Toyota's cost saving methods are showing. The paint is cheap. I have no chips or dings, but rust started to come through from under my tailgate paint in three places. Toyota said it wasn't covered by the 5 year paint warranty, but they were so kind to fix it any way. Probably because they know it's junk. The truck also feels underpowered at times. I feel like all those horses should be felt a little more. I think that the antenna could be more modern and that the nav system could work faster. Other than that, it runs and drives as perfectly as a truck should. For the price, I would have liked to see some seat memory and maybe some heated mirrors, but I can't complain. The Bluetooth is very consistent and the truck still runs like new. It has great ground clearance and in 4x4, it can go anywhere."

absolutely the best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

"Our Runner is one of our favorite things. She is a snow cadillac, handles amazingly off-road, hauls anything, fits everything and everyone, and drives like a cloud. If I had millions of dollars I would still drive one."