2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2010 - 2018 models.

Too bad, could have been perfect...

By on Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reason: poor handling, useless 4WD

Pros: "Great quality, good looks"

Cons: "Poor driving and handling, useless 4WD"

"I traded-in this car about 1 year after I bought it. Never done that with any car before. So let's see: Pros: solid build, nice exterior looks, one of the most reliable vehicles you can find on the market, good re-sale value, great off-road capability (or so they say...). Cons: 1) This vehicle has the worst handling of any vehicle I ever drove. It leans in corners, constantly wobbles on uneven pavement, nose-dives when you break. You can't drive relaxed, you have to be on a constant alert. I understand it's a truck designed for off-road use, but even so it stands out as one of the worst in its class; 2) The 4WD system is useless except if you drive in snow, mud or on any slippery surface for an extended time. The manual says you can't drive on hard surfaces in 4WD mode because it will wear and damage the gears. Fine, but here's the catch: you have to drive minimum 10 miles per month in 4WD to keep the front drive lubricated. Where? Also, what do you choose for light or partial snow, 2WD or 4WD? You decide, I couldn't figure out; 3) The rear drive shaft needs to be lubricated every 10000 miles or 5000 miles if you drive on salty roads. If you don't plan to do that yourself the cost is approx. $50 at the dealer; 4) Despite being rated at 270 hp this vehicle feels slow, especially at moderate speeds (30-40mph). Once you get past that point the acceleration is OK; 4) Changing the oil is difficult because you have to remove a plastic shield and one of the skid plates in order to access the oil filter and plug; 5) The access to third row (if equipped) is difficult and can only be done from the right-side rear door; 6) When you get in the driver's seat your right knee will almost certainly hit the fan speed knob; 7) As soon as you start driving, a strange sound comes from the ignition key area (just one time, for a fraction of a second). I could also hear sharp crack-like sounds coming from the right-side front door panel which would subside after a while; 8) When you turn the heat on, an oil-like smell comes through the vents; 9) When a tiny paint chip came off the hood I noticed the color paint film was very thin. This doesn't necessarily mean the paint system/quality is bad. Some of the cons listed here are inherent to the type of drive system this vehicle is equipped with. I'm not trying to bash the 4Runner, it may turn out to be a great vehicle for you. I just want you to know what you are buying. I wish I knew all these before I bought."

Love My 4 Runner

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, Reliable, Great Valu, Nice Appearance"

"Bought this vehicle new. Amazing SUV! Looks and runs great. Cannot tell it is 6 yrs old. We do take good care of our vehicles so they last longer than most. Have had no problems with it and it is very reliable. Had numerous calls recently to see if I wanted to sell it. NO WAY!"

Great truck

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Cons: "No climate control, taken off from previous model."

"This truck is solid, reliable and can get through anything. Versatile driving options,roomy and has a nice ride for long trips. Love it!"

Outstanding 4WD vehicle. Could go anywhere!

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "It's a little pricy."

Cons: "better heat delivery to rear."

"Excellent travel vehicle. Good gas milage, 19 in town, 24 on highway. Handles great in snow, rain & mud and ice. It did everything and more that I asked of it."

one of the best i ever owned

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "a great value"

Cons: "its not a porsche"

"My first 4runner was a 2004. Because of the quality in it years later I decided to purchase the 2010 4runner. Very pleased."