2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Love my 4Runner

By on Monday, January 30, 2017

Pros: "spacious, peppy engine, extremely reliable,"

Cons: "not good for long legs, stiff ride"

"With over 216000 miles, I am considering replacing my 2007 Toyota 4Runner. This is a difficult decision because I have never owned a vehicle that has been as reliable. The only reason I am not replacing it with another 4Runner is because of leg room. My husband is 6'4" and does not fit comfortably behind the wheel. This is not an issue for me. We have NEVER had any work done on this vehicle other than replacing tires, changing oil, battery (twice) serpentine belt and windshield. Seriously, no issues with this car. I'm scared to buy anything else after the reviews I've read about other makes and models."

Tundra to 4Runner.

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "Decent MPG, Drives like a truck, comfy seats"

Cons: "No blind spot monitoring, needs better storage,"

"Traded in a 2007 Tundra with over 200,000 trouble free miles. I wanted something smaller so I looked at the Tacoma. Seating position was too low and no power seat was a deal breaker. Saw a Blizzard Pearl Limited 4Runner on lot (never considered this an option) and thought I would take it was a test drive. Well after a 20 min test drive I was sold. Some reviewers claim the 4Runner is underpowered and the 5 speed is outdated. Yes the engine and transmission is old compared to other SUV's but it drives amazing on the highway and in town. The power (torque) is at the top end of the engine RPM but once you learn how to drive this truck you will appreciate how powerful and smooth the engine is. A few missing features that should be included in a $40,000+ truck. Blind spot monitoring, power liftgate, power folding mirrors, and better storage options. Mileage has been 18-19 MPG which is great coming from a 13MPG Tundra."

2016 4Runner SR5 Premium 5 stars *****

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pros: "Great value for the price, we love our 4Runner"

Cons: "4wd selector is an weird place, thats it"

"This is a highly under rated vehicle. We love it. We owned a 2004 4Runner prior to purchasing this. The reliability on the 4Runners (at least for us) has been great. Vehicle is on a truck frame so the ride is little different than a crossover but it is not an issue to us at all. We love that the rear window goes up and down. Controls are easy. The one thing, the 4WD selector is in a weird place, right next to the front cup holder. I think a better place would have been next to heat controls, more out of the way. Head room with sun roof is a about 1" less than our older model, but so far not an issue. Backup camera is nice to have. Engine has plenty of power. We have noticed the mileage is 1-2 MPG lower than our old model and whats rated but we live in a very cold climate and maybe it needs to be broke in also. We are seeing 19 MPG HWY & 16-17 average. Not sure we will monitor and see what changes come summer. Seats are comfortable, ride for us is quiet. View area is clear, A-pillars are not overly obstructive."

Traded a 2014 SR5 for a 2016 SR5 Premium

By on Monday, January 2, 2017

Reason: Lease a new 4 runner

Pros: "Lots of extras in every model"

Cons: "gas mileage , added running boards for better look"

"I hunt every fall in upper MI off road on 2 tracks. Never a problem very sure footed. Hi-way driving was comfortable and safe, dry, rain or snow. Base model is well equipped. My 2nd SR5 premium has sun roof, pseudo leather, w/out the extra seating. Plenty of room with a nice roof rack, heated seats, both electric adjustments."

Love this truck, just like my last one 1998

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "Safe, reliable, low maintenance. Overall champion."

Cons: "Blind Spot, parking assist, brake assist, lack DVD"

"I went from a 1998 4runner SR5 to a 2012 Limited. Loved both and will continue to buy the 4runner. I bought the CPO Limited with 45k in 2014. It performs very well in all conditions. Was just in a snow storm in VT(12 inches) and have 4/32 left of tread on the tires. You would have thought they were snow tires. Not an inkling of hesitation in the snow when in H4X4. During week I use as a commuter vehicle and get 18mpg. Love it and its versatility. When I have 150k on it, will sell to someone for 10k and get another CPO. That's the way to get the most value out of Toyotas."