2010 Toyota 4Runner

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2010 - 2018 models.

Great quality value

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "Quality build, smooth ride, storage space, quite"

Cons: "Poor MPG, essential tech features"

"I previously owned a Jeep Wrangler Sahara valued at $42k, the Limited 4Runner is at $45k, at a $3k difference the value of the 4Runner Limited is far greater. The quality build, solid components, materials used, smooth ride, quite ride, engine and transmission operate smoother, much more room. It really is surprising how much of a difference $3k makes between these two vehicles. I had the Wrangler for over 45,000 miles and there were always small issues here and there. The 4Runner has been solid through 14,000 miles. The ride comfort makes driving long distances a breeze. Tons of storage space and even more with the seats folded down. The automatics running boards are an add one but I feel are worth it for the convenience and style factor. On the down side the gas mileage is just as terrible as the Wrangler Sahara which either means the Wrangler had decent gas mileage or the 4Runner is just plain bad. As an example a co-worker drives a 12yr old 4Runner and we get the same mpg @ 16 city and 19 highway. At this price point and cost it is missing a few items: 1 - blind spot sensors 2 - additional wood grain options 3 - additional camera viewing angles 4 - remote start There are Mazda 3's, Chevy Cruze and Honda Fits as an example that have these features at nearly half the price. Overall I am pleased with the 4Runner and would recommend as a purchase to others."

The best Tonka SUV on the road!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Sips gas, ride, low up keep, performance, style"

Cons: "Spongy brakes, no ventilated seats, antenna"

"After owning two Lexus ES models, this was a great decision for our family. The low cost maintenance, ride, features, and great fuel economy for its size were worth the switch. We have the Limited in Shoreline blue pearl with the blonde interior, which is a great combination. My one complaints are the spongy brakes, lack of ventilated seats and the ugly antenna, which I replaced with a carbon fiber "stubby" unit. We get so many compliments on the vehicle. We have the remote starter, which is great, but I wish the vehicle would continue to run after you enter in the vehicle. We have the push starter, but when you touch the door handle the vehicle shuts off, I understand Toyota's logic, but is annoying. I wish it had more driver specific settings like the GM products, such as memory seats/mirror, individual tire pressure monitors, and expanded S.O.S. Hard to find replacement 20" tires since there are only to manufactures!!! But overall it is a GREAT mode of transportation!!!"

Best Vehicle yet

By on Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"This was my first Toyota and my first SUV. I have been nothing but impressed with this vehicle. Fit, finish and comfort are all top notch. I opted for the Limited and never looked back."

Love my 4Runner

By on Monday, January 30, 2017

Pros: "spacious, peppy engine, extremely reliable,"

Cons: "not good for long legs, stiff ride"

"With over 216000 miles, I am considering replacing my 2007 Toyota 4Runner. This is a difficult decision because I have never owned a vehicle that has been as reliable. The only reason I am not replacing it with another 4Runner is because of leg room. My husband is 6'4" and does not fit comfortably behind the wheel. This is not an issue for me. We have NEVER had any work done on this vehicle other than replacing tires, changing oil, battery (twice) serpentine belt and windshield. Seriously, no issues with this car. I'm scared to buy anything else after the reviews I've read about other makes and models."

Great all around vehicle & BULLETPROOF reliabily

By on Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pros: "Reliability, value, all weather capability."

Cons: "??"

"2014 (5th generation) Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4, purchased new. This 4Runner is used for a mix driving. Everything from work commuting (120 mile round trip), hauling the boat (~4,500 lbs), family and pup transporter & to work around our property. During the week, it averages ~ 20 mpg with ~95% interstate driving on cruise at 70mph. On the weekends it gets everything from hauling the boat to and from the lake, moving fencing materials (post, wire ect) and taking the family on outings. We do follow the factory recommended maintenance and have had ZERO failures (I really mean ZERO, not a single issue...with anything). I would like to see more power (and a diesel option) and better connected steering (lacks feel). Though it has no problem getting up to highway speed or towing a load it's just not as quick as other vehicles I own or have owned. Previous BMW owner here and while the 4Runner is slower the BMWs are junk compared to the 4Runner in terms of reliability. I won't even mention cost to own compared to the 4Runner. The BMW will make you a poorer person. We have the Limited 4x4. It comes with full time 4x4 via torsion center diff (think modern AWD with a lockable 2 speed center diff (think old farm truck). The lockable hi/low speed 4x4 can be selected from the drivers seat and 4x4 low is the only selection needing the vehicle to come to a stop. It performs amazing in all conditions including rain, snow and mud (it gets all three several times a year). With the Limited we have heated and cooled seats (nice), JBL sound (great), nav, onboard weather and traffic, leather, sunroof, heated mirrors and wiper blade area and some other added features not offered on the other trims. I'm a person who enjoys new vehicles and would like to have a new one now but, this one is still like new with ZERO issues so can't justify purchasing another...my next will however be another 4Runner. On a side note, the 4Runner is one of the few remaining SUVs still build as a body on frame and not a unibody and it's still manufactured in Japan (I like both). For the 6th (other than a diesel option) I'd like to see Toyota add it's safety suite including all speed dynamic cruise control, automatic emergency breaking, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert with breaking & dynamic guidelines while in reverse. Also an improvement in the small offset crash test results would be nice. I hope they do NOT install the current 3.5L V6 from the Tacoma (the 2GR-FKS). Overall, this is an outstanding value for a one car or family vehicle."