2008 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 913 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

NOTHING HAS GONE WRONG! This car is the best!

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive. Normal maint. expense is all"

Cons: "Power seats not available. No back up camera"

"Tires lasted 75000 miles. Battery = 6.5 years. Feels like it could go 300,000 or more. Love to drive it. Engine,transmission and suspension are smooth and tight."

4Runner is great but not for everyone

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't beat the 4WD system."

Cons: "Ride is not the best."

"We live in the Sierra mountains in California. The 4Runner proves itself with it's true 4WD system in the snow and ice. We use the locking center differential often on slippery conditions and it just plows through. However, you do need compatible tires so we have our 3rd set of Michelin Mountain tires on the 4Runner. Ride is not great: bouncy, harsh at times. But this is not your phoo-phoo crossover SUV. It is a true 4WD truck like vehicle and that makes it tough. Whether using it off road in the summer to get to our fishing spot or running it through snow in winter. Dependability had been excellent. Our OEM Panasonic battery lasted 160,000 miles (8.5 years)! We had to replace front axel seals on both sides due to bearing failure. But the mechanic said it was probably due to hitting a deer some 9 months earlier as he never seen front axel bearings fail before. Other than that we have had an annoying driver's side mirror that vibrates. I would buy again. But if you are looking for a smooth riding SUV, look elsewhere."

Great vehicle, 376,000 miles and still going!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I would have never believed it if someone had told me that I could get over 300,000 miles on a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The amazing thing is that it rides like a new vehicle, no squeaks or rattles. I will definitely buy another one when this one dies."

My third 4Runner. These things are bullet proof!

By on Saturday, March 4, 2017

Pros: "Quality and dependability. Comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage on highway is not impressive."

"Bought my third 4Runner, a 2008 Sport, with 109,000 miles on it. (My second 4Runner is a 2000 with 207,000 miles.) Other that routine maintenance, I have had to do little to keep this vehicle running strong. Very comfortable and versatile truck and gets decent gas mileage. This thing runs circles around Jeeps, Explorers and other mid-sized SUVs and it look better too! Maintains the best resale value of and SUV in its class. I will be buying a fourth in the next couple of years!"

Had good maintenance

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

Cons: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

"Bought this 2004 4 runner used skightly in 2004, this suv has been great, nothing has broken down, did need a new Toyota battery, wiper blades, reg. oil changes all noted in the Toyota dealership maintenance records, low milage and a clean vehicle. We use it in the winter bad weather days and to haul loads in the back that would push our Prius hauling capacity. I think about trading it for a truck but can't find a truck with a value close to this that I trust. We usually keep a vehicle until the warrenty runs out but with retirement and some medical concerns this 4 runner has been a keeper."