2007 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 908 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"The 4-Runner is a superb vehicle. i get 20 mpg on the highway using middle grade gas, and it's V-8 with all-wheel drive. the only issue i have is the Dunlop tires -- could never get them properly balanced. i have since put on a set of Michelin Cross-Terrains, and what a difference. the traction is unsurpassed, and it runs super quiet. after getting a lemon Nissan Frontier and an Isuzu Rodeo, it seems good to have something dependable. no repairs at all - just normal maintainance. the Nissan blew the transmission the second day i had it, and the Isuzu had a laundry list of problems. buy a 4-Runner and it will last forever."

unreal!

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"I love this suv! I can't begin to tell you how much I absolutely love this truck. I consistanty get 23 mpg with synthetic oil (amsoil), last winter it handled beautifully for me getting me through some deep snow near NYC without any hesitation. When you start this thing you can just tell it's been perfected, it's quiet, powerful and it's the first new car I've ever owned where there was absolutely nothing I could pick at (and i'm very picky). no problems whatsoever. I have a friend who still drives his 1987 4runner 4cyl with over 400k miles so I expect the same sort of bulletproof-ness out of this. I hear this particular model is made at the Lexus plant in Japan which gives me more piece of mind knowing it's built to last. On the highway I'd also give this 5 stars...it accelerates quickly (very fast with the v8) and very smoothly. My only gripe is that the rear door is so heavy it literally takes both hands to push it closed but I guess I'd rather have that problem than an suv that was cheaply made. I test drove all sorts of vehicles in this class and by far this was my hands-down winner. resale value, reliability and safety in bad conditions just can't be beat. I was tempted by the Hummer H3 but with horrid reviews by consumer reports I stayed away and glad I did. Buy it, you'll love it too!"

Way better than new 4runners

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "better mileage than newer, same weight vehicles"

Cons: "After 10 years the undercarriage starting to rust"

"This car is small enough to park, big enough to 4wheel, Gets WAY better mileage than the new ones, can fit a bike inside, gets up to speed from a light without being loud and gunning to engine unnecessarily (can't do that in the comparable suv's anymore).The solid running boards let you load the roof rack easily and don't disappear when you turn the car on. Plus you can store 'stuff' on them until you get home (dog owners you know what this could be). Has a sliding visor mirror covers so you don't have to duck to see in the mirror. Has controls for the interior lights, rather than having ALL the lights come on at once. The daytime running lights in orange are more noticeable than just another vehicle with headlights on in the daytime. The ac is super cold, I've noticed in the new 4runners the ac isn't cold enough to cool the inside of the vehicle. Love this year of 4runners. Wish I had it with 0 miles again. Plus it doesn't look like a drooling dog. (Sorry folks)"

Best SUV i ever owned out of 4.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "Not a one."

"My Toyota 4runner limited is by far the most reliable vehicle i ever had. I would buy another one if this one ever wears out. Though not likely. 160000 miles and everything still works like new. Will run it until the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and run it again."

Great for dog owners!

By on Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pros: "Size, rear window, sunroof, hauling"

"I bought 2004 SR5 with V6 2 wheel drive used with a bad head gasket and catalytic converter :( Drove it with the slight head gasket problem for 2 years until the check engine light started flashing. Replaced head gasket for $2700 (not at the dealership). Only other problem I have had was it overheated once when the tube that sucks coolant out of the overflow and back to the radiator fell off in the overflow container. Last year my dash got cracks from being left in the sun all day in the GA summer. Still best vehicle I've owned. I've hauled 4 kayaks in it! 2 on top, 2 in the rear window! Looks great. AVG 21 mpg combined. It's supposed to drive like a truck. It's not your mommy's SUV. I love driving it, especially with the back window down and sunroof open and my dog in the back with his head out the window, ears flapping in the wind! I'll drive it til the wheels fall off! It's a good size. Not too small (I feel safe). Not obnoxiously big either."

Great vehicle, 376,000 miles and still going!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I would have never believed it if someone had told me that I could get over 300,000 miles on a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The amazing thing is that it rides like a new vehicle, no squeaks or rattles. I will definitely buy another one when this one dies."

Had good maintenance

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

Cons: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

"Bought this 2004 4 runner used skightly in 2004, this suv has been great, nothing has broken down, did need a new Toyota battery, wiper blades, reg. oil changes all noted in the Toyota dealership maintenance records, low milage and a clean vehicle. We use it in the winter bad weather days and to haul loads in the back that would push our Prius hauling capacity. I think about trading it for a truck but can't find a truck with a value close to this that I trust. We usually keep a vehicle until the warrenty runs out but with retirement and some medical concerns this 4 runner has been a keeper."

Awesome SUV except......

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, mtc free vehicle, reliable"

Cons: "Cracking dash board w no warranty"

"Had this 2003 for approx 5 up years. Replaced fluids regularly, and new brakes at 90,000 miles. I had the injectors cleaned at 100,000 mile dealer service . Runs like new. At 100,000 miles I replaced the tires, but the shocks and suspension are still factory. The v6 has a timing chain, so only the 4x4 v8 model needs a timing belt replacement at 100,00 miles. My only complaint....... DASHBOARD cracking.. Most of the 2003-05 models have them, all in the same places....Toyota doesn't warranty the dash. Otherwise, it's just awesome"

4Runner is great but not for everyone

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't beat the 4WD system."

Cons: "Ride is not the best."

"We live in the Sierra mountains in California. The 4Runner proves itself with it's true 4WD system in the snow and ice. We use the locking center differential often on slippery conditions and it just plows through. However, you do need compatible tires so we have our 3rd set of Michelin Mountain tires on the 4Runner. Ride is not great: bouncy, harsh at times. But this is not your phoo-phoo crossover SUV. It is a true 4WD truck like vehicle and that makes it tough. Whether using it off road in the summer to get to our fishing spot or running it through snow in winter. Dependability had been excellent. Our OEM Panasonic battery lasted 160,000 miles (8.5 years)! We had to replace front axel seals on both sides due to bearing failure. But the mechanic said it was probably due to hitting a deer some 9 months earlier as he never seen front axel bearings fail before. Other than that we have had an annoying driver's side mirror that vibrates. I would buy again. But if you are looking for a smooth riding SUV, look elsewhere."

Ultimate Reliability

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Great price range and minimum maintenance cost."

Cons: "no mp3 interface."

"150K miles (8 years) and I've changed nothing but the front brakes, tires, one parking light bulb and the battery. No rattling noises and suspension is still superb. Fuel consumption was better than advertised and has held steady."