2006 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 915 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

great SUV

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

"I have owned the 2005 4 runner since 2008. It now has around 130k miles on it and still runs great. I have only had to replace the battery on tires since I have owned it for over 8 years. This is the best car ever!"

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun, strong, reliable."

Cons: "Kind of hard to handle in extreme wind."

"I've owned my 4runner for 9 years and can honestly say, "its been GREAT!" I've had no repairs. The only thing I've changed are the tires, wiper blades and break pads. It's strong and durable on and off road. I've driven it under conditions of ice and snow, extreme heat, through the desert sand and two tracking in the woods. It's amazing! The only drawback that I have found is it is a vehicle that must be "held onto" in extreme wind. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for something extremely reliable."

Best Truck Ever: Will Drop From Under Me :)

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "Great Truck....great mileage..."

Cons: "None..."

"I brought my 4runner with about 40,000 miles on it in 2007, so it was used but was a lease so all of the maintenance was by the dealer. I have had zero issues with this truck and only had to replace the exhaust which was costly but over the years that I have had it, which eventually paid for itself. I have taken great care maintenance of this truck and believe that you take care of your automobile it will work and take care of you too :0) I am from a family of Toyota owners and had my first one 1999 new Toyota Corolla and put 200,000 miles and gave it to my unlce and she (grey daisy was her name) is still running great and now my 4runner is doing the same. I will always have a Toyota in my driveway and swear by the brand too :) Thanks Toyota!"

95,000 trouble free miles so far!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Safe, Stable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I normally keep a car 4 to 5 years. This vehicle I will keep as long as it is still trouble free. It does everything well. Comfortable on the highway, solid and safe in snow or mud and easy to maneuver in the city. The selectable 4 wheel drive is so handy and convenient with shift on the fly. I have the sport version and the seats are a comfortable as many higher end vehicles I have driven. It is a little high for short drivers. The only thing that has failed in 95,000 was 1 coil pack. It was easy to repair and not real expensive. I wish Toyota had not changed the body style. I do not like the newer, larger 4 runner and would not consider one to replace this one. I have the V-6 and it has plenty of power and gets 18 mpg in combined driving( Exactly what the sticker said)"

Best 4 Runner I have owned 2007 Sport Utility V8

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, With lots of power! Great offroad"

Cons: "No heated seats or Navi System"

"I purchased the 2007 4 runner with the Sport package, sunroof, running boards and most important the 4.7 V8. This vehicle has super power for towing or just going to the mountains. Great off road capabilities. Use it all the time in Colorado mountains and off road. I have had three prior 4 runners and this once beats them all hands down."

Overall fantastic vehicle

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Safe and very well built"

"I purchased the 2006 4Runner brand-new for our daughter. She has had it and I watch over the maintenance. Just routine maintenance, brakes at about 60,000 and it still is on the original set of tires, Michelin X-Terrain at 72,000 miles. I keep it waxed and the paint is still like new. The interior is perfect and has held up very well. We plan to keep it for many years."

Drive, Fun, Value

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Drive it till the wheels fall off, this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. 180k Plus miles no problems, no worries"

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I've owned this car since buying new in 2003. I have 187,000 miles and only have had to repair normal wear and tear type stuff. It handles well in all weather. I was involved in a a major accident in 2004 and walked away uninjured. It was repaired like new. I can't believe that the 4Runner is still holding its value even with the high milage and damage repair. This is an awesome vehicle for anyone looking for reliable, safe, and fun transportation."

Possibly the best ever vehicle purchase.

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"We are now looking into selling our 03 4-runner for a 4 door sedan (BMW 325i - that's why I'm on this site). I wish we wern't, but it's the wife's, so it's her choice I guess :(. Our 03 runner now has nearly 80K on it, we,ve had it since 34K. I've changed the oil, sprk plugs, and had a squeky belt issue that was fixed with a Gatorbelt. Other than that, this 4runner has been nearly perfect. I look back and truly can't beleive we did nothing to it. We will be buying another one after Toyota decides to put the new body style out. Hopefully the reliability will remain the same on the newer generations. (BTW, I drive a 06 Taco with same results)"

Cant beat the reliability

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Most reliable auto I have ever owned. I am 300 miles away from 100,000 and still running strong."