2006 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 912 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

By on Friday, April 30, 2010

"I was in a accident which totalled my 2008 Toyota 4runner. I was hit by two other SUV's bigger then mine on my drivers side and walked away unharmed! I am greatly impressed by the safety of this vehicle and would consider purchasing again."

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I've owned this car since buying new in 2003. I have 187,000 miles and only have had to repair normal wear and tear type stuff. It handles well in all weather. I was involved in a a major accident in 2004 and walked away uninjured. It was repaired like new. I can't believe that the 4Runner is still holding its value even with the high milage and damage repair. This is an awesome vehicle for anyone looking for reliable, safe, and fun transportation."

Possibly the best ever vehicle purchase.

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"We are now looking into selling our 03 4-runner for a 4 door sedan (BMW 325i - that's why I'm on this site). I wish we wern't, but it's the wife's, so it's her choice I guess :(. Our 03 runner now has nearly 80K on it, we,ve had it since 34K. I've changed the oil, sprk plugs, and had a squeky belt issue that was fixed with a Gatorbelt. Other than that, this 4runner has been nearly perfect. I look back and truly can't beleive we did nothing to it. We will be buying another one after Toyota decides to put the new body style out. Hopefully the reliability will remain the same on the newer generations. (BTW, I drive a 06 Taco with same results)"

Cant beat the reliability

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Most reliable auto I have ever owned. I am 300 miles away from 100,000 and still running strong."

It doesn't get any better than this"

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Bought my first new 4 runner, Limited Edition in 2003 for $36,000.00 . Drove it 123,000 highway,city and off road miles without one mechanical issue. Only Repairs were: 1 flat tire, 1 1/2 sets of brakes, 4 sets of tires,( change tires every 30K regardless of tread) Scheduled maintenance services, 30,60,90,120 K And oil changes every 2-3,000 miles. THEN One of my kids flipped it ,actually rolled it 2 times, heading to the ski slopes with 3 friend, My Car was totaled, but not one child was scratched,a bit shooken up, but no injuries!! Insurance gave back $ 20,700.00 for a 5 year old car with 123,000 miles. I looked for a new car for two weeks. After test driving all the competion and then comparing my first hand knowledge of the 4 runners saftey rateing, value and performance . I went back out and Purchased a very clean 2004 4 runner,Limited Edition W/ 32,000 miles for 22K, Where else could you get a safer car, that is totaly reliable, with a perfect track record and fantastic value retension. (From an Insurance Company to boot) Like I said before. " It doesn't get any better than this ""

My 2006 V6 SR5 4Runner

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Purchased the truck with 18,000 miles on it. Nearly new! Purchased it used due to price range very hi new. Good power, driver's seat needs more adjustability and the passenger seat is very very uncomfortable especially long trips. HWY avg is 24-25mpg and city 19-21mpg. Very nice looking truck inside and out and very well made. I especially like the oil filter being located on the top of the engine for making oil changes easier for us self do it people. Had one window seal on drivers side rear door, under warranty and was replaced. Rides alot better than my previous Nissan Exterra :)"

2007 Sport Edition 4WD 4.7L

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"After being a life long GM owner, I made the switch to Toyota and am happy with my decision. I've owned my 4runner for just over a year and 13,000 miles now and am still very satisfied with my purchase. The Pros: Toyota reliability - it has been to the shop for nothing but oil changes and tires rotations to date. Comfort - for such a small SUV, this little truck gives a smooth ride and has spacious accommodations (though I did get the driver's seat frame reworked to give me an additional 3 inches of leg room since I am 6'2"); I previously owned Suburbans and full-sized crew cab pickups. Functionality - all of the controls are easy to use yet very appealing to the eye -- even my 74 year old father figured out everything EXCEPT the windshield wipers. Styling - in my honest opinion the 4runner is still one of the best looking SUVs on the market. The Cons: Value - though I am very satisfied with my purchase I still believe that the vehicle was overpriced. Toyota claims to have great resale yet it is funny how a vehicle that MSRPs for $38K can only yield a $24K trade in value the very next year. Fuel Economy - this little SUV is very thirsty. The reason I left the full-sized vehicle spectrum was to gain gas mileage. My Chev 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab averaged right at 12 mpg, Toyota claimed this SUV to get 19 -21 mpg but I only average about 14 mpg and I do not drive rigorously. This is my biggest complaint about my Toyota. All in all, I would recommend this SUV to anyone as long as they did not care about fuel economy."

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I have 112,000 miles on an '04 and it still runs like the day I took it off the lot. I have been good about keeping with routine maintenance and have not had any problems. The car performs well in any situation you can get into. Comfortable ride for short or long distances, good mileage, and very reliable in poor weather."

Tops for mid-size SUV's

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I bought my 2003 4Runner Sport brand new 4 years. With the exception of the sun roof acting up one time (dealer fixed) I've had exactly zero issues with this vehicle. Powerful engine, smooth ride, handles great, and it looks fantastic. The only thing I wish could be better is gas mileage, but with a vehicle it's size that would be tough. In it's class I'd say the 4Runner is the best mid-sized SUV out there."

Love, love, love it!!

By on Friday, June 22, 2007

"Well designed interior, roomy, high quality, super powerful engine, drives more smoothly than my mom's durango (better in every way than her durango!)"

Love my 4 Runner

By on Saturday, April 7, 2007

"My 4 Runner has never had a problem, bought it in Jan 06 and already put over 26,000 miles on it - everything works great! The only issue we have is that my husband is a larger framed man and doesn' t fit as comfortable as I do. Get's about 22 MPG and rides very comfortably. I love it!"

Best car i've owned

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Great truck, beast off road"

Cons: "3rd seat way too small."

"Loved this car since the day I bought it. Liked the high ride and for a truck the braking was awesome. Have made it through 10 new England winters and gone 4 wheeling on the outer banks with it. Never been stuck and never felt under-powered. The ride is rough but not bad for a truck. Have towed a trailer with it from 500 miles until 185,000, never had an issue. Great truck to maintain yourself, easy access to everything."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"This vehicle will go another 200 thousand miles if maintained like it has previously"

Best Decision Ever

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great Drive, good amount of space, reliable"

Cons: "A little pricey on the gas"

"I purchsed this car in my mid 20's and thought it would be a good car for future needs with a family. Expecting to have a family a lot sooner than now I still wouldnt trade in my 4Runner for anything. This car has been reliable, durable, dependent, fun, sporty, manageable, and overall a wonderful investment and just the right amount of space when needed. I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone. In fact I did - and now my sister, brother and father all own one."

Best SUV on the Road

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, holds its value, great looking"

Cons: "Makes you doubt purchasing any other vehicle"

"Hands down the best vehicle I have owned. I have an 2006 4-Runner SR5 with 111,000 miles and it still looks, feels, and drives like new. It's built rugged and solid, but the ride is relatively smooth and quiet. The leather seats have held up extremely well, even after two car seats in the back. I have only had to get new tires, oil changes,tires rotated and balanced, and one alignment since I bought it used in 2009. The front brake pads need replacing now, but that's just normal wear and tear. Engine and transmission are impeccable. And that's saying alot after my previous vehicle's (2001 Honda Accord) transmission bit the dust with only 100,000 miles on it. The brakes work very well, though they sometimes stick after braking really hard. Not a major issue though. I recommend this vehicle 100 percent."

A great car that's fund to drive

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"I love this car, it drives like a sports sedan. The engine produces lots of power. It outruns most cars on the highway. The 2003 model was a brand new design when I bought it. There were a couple of problems like there are with most new designs, but once they were fixed it's been running as it should."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

"I am 68 years old. I owned over 20 cars in my lifetime...this one is the best! I bought it new in '03. A few months ago I bought a new Jeep GC to replace it but I can't let the 4Runner go. I'm sure it will still be around when the Jeep is just a memory."

Can't live without my 4runners

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful and reliable"

Cons: "I wish Toyota offered standard transmissions"

"My driveway has two 4runners, this 2008 SR5 and my 2000 SR5. The older one has 315,000 miles still with the original exhaust & clutch. I cannot bear to part with it! The 2008 was picked up a month ago and it rides beautifully smooth and IMHO one of the best looking SUV's out there. Do not care for the appearance of the 5th Gen models so this will be my last but I expect it to go another 300,000 miles! I guess my only complaint thus far is I believe they could have made the driver's seat a bit more comfortable - it seems to squeeze in the sides of legs a bit. I'm 6'4", 205 so not too huge. These 4runners are amazing!"

2006 4Runner Sport V8

By on Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding style, amazing value."

Cons: "interior light cover got cloudy from heat of bulb."

"Since I was 16 I have bought a new car every time I needed tires or before. Since I bought the 2006 4Runner Sport (new) I can’t imagine living without it. I have looked at cars, but the idea of giving it up it not something I don't think I can do. Maintenance, other than oil changes, filters, wiper blades, one set of tires and I replaced the brake pads (just because). This vehicle has been amazing. Even if I get another car, I will keep this one. It is too good to get rid of. I get 20 Miles to the gallon on 87 octane. It still looks new and will last forever. Thanks Toyota."

I love tihs car

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, spacious, rides smooth"

"This is my first car to buy brand new and I love it!!! I bought this car at the end of 2003 with 26 miles on it. I have over 156k on it now and it still runs like a champ!!! Its very comfortable and roomy! i take this car on raod trips all the time. My next car will be another Toyota 4 runner!!"

This is a great SUV.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

"I have owned it since 2006. It is one of the best SUV's I have owned. Average 19.5 mpg combined. 24 mpg on trips."

Love the stability, style,handling

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "holds resale value,comfortable and enjoyable to dr"

Cons: "no cupholders at all. not great on fuel"

"Feel solid to the road. for the year,it is still stylish for a SUV. great for single person or family. Not overwhelmingly big. Very reliable. I bought it used almost 4 years ago, no provlems to date. I have oil changed every 3500mi. thats about all I have had to do so far. love the sliding roof and heated seats. Easy to fold back seats down for extra hauling capacity. The engine is strong and fast. Wish it had cup holders in the front, otherwise, still going strong!"

My third one

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great size"

Cons: "Cup holders, no iPod connection"

"Great car. Very dependable. Not one ral problem other than sunroof."

Absolutely love this vehicle.

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, MPG, reliability, versatility, towing"

Cons: "no ipod connection"

"Hope I get another 8 yrs out of it. The only complaint I have about the vehicle is that it doesn't have a connection for my ipod, but then again ipods probably weren't around 8+ years ago. This vehicle has been very reliable and is just a great vehicle to own."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Very Very Reliable"

Cons: "Exterior paint"

"I have done nothing to this vehicle except scheduled maintance and replace a serpentine belt. It gets pretty good gas mileage considering the size and power. We once rented a ca-bin in the Blue Ridge Mts. during a heavy snow. Our's was the only vehicle that could get up the road to the cabin. Among the other vehicles was a Dodge Ram Diesel Truck and a Dodge Durrango. The only complaint I have is that the outer clear protection coat on the paint is beginning to wear off,making the paint on the fenders, wheel wells and mirrors look dull. I with that the buttons on the door for the power locks and automatic mirror were lite for night use. Besides that, an AWESOME vehicle!"