2006 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 915 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"The 4-Runner is a superb vehicle. i get 20 mpg on the highway using middle grade gas, and it's V-8 with all-wheel drive. the only issue i have is the Dunlop tires -- could never get them properly balanced. i have since put on a set of Michelin Cross-Terrains, and what a difference. the traction is unsurpassed, and it runs super quiet. after getting a lemon Nissan Frontier and an Isuzu Rodeo, it seems good to have something dependable. no repairs at all - just normal maintainance. the Nissan blew the transmission the second day i had it, and the Isuzu had a laundry list of problems. buy a 4-Runner and it will last forever."

Best SUV i ever owned out of 4.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "Not a one."

"My Toyota 4runner limited is by far the most reliable vehicle i ever had. I would buy another one if this one ever wears out. Though not likely. 160000 miles and everything still works like new. Will run it until the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and run it again."

unreal!

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"I love this suv! I can't begin to tell you how much I absolutely love this truck. I consistanty get 23 mpg with synthetic oil (amsoil), last winter it handled beautifully for me getting me through some deep snow near NYC without any hesitation. When you start this thing you can just tell it's been perfected, it's quiet, powerful and it's the first new car I've ever owned where there was absolutely nothing I could pick at (and i'm very picky). no problems whatsoever. I have a friend who still drives his 1987 4runner 4cyl with over 400k miles so I expect the same sort of bulletproof-ness out of this. I hear this particular model is made at the Lexus plant in Japan which gives me more piece of mind knowing it's built to last. On the highway I'd also give this 5 stars...it accelerates quickly (very fast with the v8) and very smoothly. My only gripe is that the rear door is so heavy it literally takes both hands to push it closed but I guess I'd rather have that problem than an suv that was cheaply made. I test drove all sorts of vehicles in this class and by far this was my hands-down winner. resale value, reliability and safety in bad conditions just can't be beat. I was tempted by the Hummer H3 but with horrid reviews by consumer reports I stayed away and glad I did. Buy it, you'll love it too!"

Way better than new 4runners

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "better mileage than newer, same weight vehicles"

Cons: "After 10 years the undercarriage starting to rust"

"This car is small enough to park, big enough to 4wheel, Gets WAY better mileage than the new ones, can fit a bike inside, gets up to speed from a light without being loud and gunning to engine unnecessarily (can't do that in the comparable suv's anymore).The solid running boards let you load the roof rack easily and don't disappear when you turn the car on. Plus you can store 'stuff' on them until you get home (dog owners you know what this could be). Has a sliding visor mirror covers so you don't have to duck to see in the mirror. Has controls for the interior lights, rather than having ALL the lights come on at once. The daytime running lights in orange are more noticeable than just another vehicle with headlights on in the daytime. The ac is super cold, I've noticed in the new 4runners the ac isn't cold enough to cool the inside of the vehicle. Love this year of 4runners. Wish I had it with 0 miles again. Plus it doesn't look like a drooling dog. (Sorry folks)"

4Runner is great but not for everyone

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't beat the 4WD system."

Cons: "Ride is not the best."

"We live in the Sierra mountains in California. The 4Runner proves itself with it's true 4WD system in the snow and ice. We use the locking center differential often on slippery conditions and it just plows through. However, you do need compatible tires so we have our 3rd set of Michelin Mountain tires on the 4Runner. Ride is not great: bouncy, harsh at times. But this is not your phoo-phoo crossover SUV. It is a true 4WD truck like vehicle and that makes it tough. Whether using it off road in the summer to get to our fishing spot or running it through snow in winter. Dependability had been excellent. Our OEM Panasonic battery lasted 160,000 miles (8.5 years)! We had to replace front axel seals on both sides due to bearing failure. But the mechanic said it was probably due to hitting a deer some 9 months earlier as he never seen front axel bearings fail before. Other than that we have had an annoying driver's side mirror that vibrates. I would buy again. But if you are looking for a smooth riding SUV, look elsewhere."