2003 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 914 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Great for dog owners!

By on Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pros: "Size, rear window, sunroof, hauling"

"I bought 2004 SR5 with V6 2 wheel drive used with a bad head gasket and catalytic converter :( Drove it with the slight head gasket problem for 2 years until the check engine light started flashing. Replaced head gasket for $2700 (not at the dealership). Only other problem I have had was it overheated once when the tube that sucks coolant out of the overflow and back to the radiator fell off in the overflow container. Last year my dash got cracks from being left in the sun all day in the GA summer. Still best vehicle I've owned. I've hauled 4 kayaks in it! 2 on top, 2 in the rear window! Looks great. AVG 21 mpg combined. It's supposed to drive like a truck. It's not your mommy's SUV. I love driving it, especially with the back window down and sunroof open and my dog in the back with his head out the window, ears flapping in the wind! I'll drive it til the wheels fall off! It's a good size. Not too small (I feel safe). Not obnoxiously big either."

NOTHING HAS GONE WRONG! This car is the best!

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive. Normal maint. expense is all"

Cons: "Power seats not available. No back up camera"

"Tires lasted 75000 miles. Battery = 6.5 years. Feels like it could go 300,000 or more. Love to drive it. Engine,transmission and suspension are smooth and tight."

Great vehicle, 376,000 miles and still going!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I would have never believed it if someone had told me that I could get over 300,000 miles on a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The amazing thing is that it rides like a new vehicle, no squeaks or rattles. I will definitely buy another one when this one dies."

My third 4Runner. These things are bullet proof!

By on Saturday, March 4, 2017

Pros: "Quality and dependability. Comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage on highway is not impressive."

"Bought my third 4Runner, a 2008 Sport, with 109,000 miles on it. (My second 4Runner is a 2000 with 207,000 miles.) Other that routine maintenance, I have had to do little to keep this vehicle running strong. Very comfortable and versatile truck and gets decent gas mileage. This thing runs circles around Jeeps, Explorers and other mid-sized SUVs and it look better too! Maintains the best resale value of and SUV in its class. I will be buying a fourth in the next couple of years!"

Had good maintenance

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

Cons: "I have bought vehicles from friends before, don't."

"Bought this 2004 4 runner used skightly in 2004, this suv has been great, nothing has broken down, did need a new Toyota battery, wiper blades, reg. oil changes all noted in the Toyota dealership maintenance records, low milage and a clean vehicle. We use it in the winter bad weather days and to haul loads in the back that would push our Prius hauling capacity. I think about trading it for a truck but can't find a truck with a value close to this that I trust. We usually keep a vehicle until the warrenty runs out but with retirement and some medical concerns this 4 runner has been a keeper."