2000 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 867 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Will drive it til repairs cost more than the SUV

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Have never been stuck and shifting to 4-WD is easy"

Cons: "Sound system is adequate at best"

"It is a little bumpy but considering the chasis, it's fine. Very versatile with the folding seats and tows a trailer with no problems. Good mileage also...for what it is! I've owned the vehicle for 8 years and have probably had 7 people want to purchase it: especially dealers. NO major repairs needed. Just routine maintenance"

Loved this vehicle

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

"This vechile saved my life. I was currently hit by a 18 wheeler. When I came to all the windows where out and all the devices deployed. I came out with minor injuries. Lord helped out, but without all the saftey bars built into the vechile and saftey device, I really could have been hurt."

Nice Ride

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I have had my 4runner for two years now but has been in the family for about 5, it runs great, im up to 178,000+ now, and of course is running smooth. I get decent mpg, and good speed out of this car. I now drive it everyday about 50 miles daily overall and love the comfort, so do friends when they hop in for a ride. I would definatly say buy this if your considering!"

Saves me money

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Every once in a while I think I would like a newer vechicle. Then reality sets in: cost,tax on the purchase, insurance increase,and what is out there that is better?? I haved owned this 4runner limited for 9 years,and the maintance cost (outside of what should be done at that mileage plateau) has been low. It now has 137,000 miles on it and is still running like new. I would drive it to florida and not have a worry in my mind. The 4Runner has been a great towing and family vehicle. One of the best features is the power tailgate window (lets the dog get breezes). If I get it detailed and put a new rear bumper on it (I notice this seems to be its weak spot rusting through, see it on many 4Runners of this vintage) I just got my new car!!"

1999 4runner

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"1999 4runner - 133k and counting I love my truck. Not to big not too small, just right. My wife drives it more than I do and I don't think she could handle a bigger SUV. I have listed what I think are the PROS and CONS of the vehicle. I would highly recommend it. PROS: Looks - Still looks like a late model, paint has held up Reliable - Routine maintenance. Only brakes and starter have been replaced. Value - Lots of amenities for the price Creature comforts - Quiet ride, Good stereo, roll down rear window, moonroof, leather, etc. CONS: Gas Mileage - City could be better. Highway mpg is 20-22, not bad Power - 187 hp is too low"