1999 Toyota 4Runner

9.5

Based on 864 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

2002 4 runner limited 4WD

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pros: "Very reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Still drives like a truck, little noisy in the cab"

"I've had the car for years. 210K miles and believe it or not, everything works. Went up to about 200K with no serious repairs, no surprises or road break downs. If you can find one with 150-180K miles and looking to save money, its a good find. Have been off road, has good 4wd and locking deferential in case you get into trouble. This one still have the chrome rear bumper, the car is attractive, it doesn't have that cheap plastic look to it. The brakes aren't as good as the newer ones and the car is maybe a little under powered, it lacks good passing acceleration. You need to be patient with it. As all 4 runners, its not a great tow vehicle but should do ok with smaller boats and trailers."

Dependable!

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "Very Versitle"

Cons: "stiff bumpy ride at times."

"With 347,000 miles this 4Runner has been so good to me. Purchased brand new and I have driven my money's worth! My friends and family still can't beleive I am driving the same vehicle. "Oh, What a Feeling..!" TOYOTA!"

The Perfect Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "great safety record, very high value retention, very well built and doesn't need repairs"

"I bought my 4Runner new in 2000 and am still driving it 11 years later. I've only ever had to make very minor repairs to it. I can't believe how well this car has help up. Only repairs needed in 11 years: - replaced electrical antenna (approx 4 yrs after purchase) - replaced molding under driver seat that came dislodged from pressure of sliding in and out of drivers seat. (6 yrs) - A/C fan no longer blows on lowest setting, but still functions on all other setting (11 yrs) - turn signal occasionally needs to be turned off and turned back on to blink (11 yrs)"

Very dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "very enjoyable to drive still with high miles"

Cons: "Driver seat wears too much . no other complaints"

"This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicle I have own ed. Even with 203000 miles it still runs and drives great. Right now I am getting a major check up by a reliable mechanic to maintain its condition and keep it running for another 100k miles. Body and interior are still in excellent condition except for drivers seat showing wear."

LOVE my 4runner

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Utility"

"I bought my 96 SR5 from my old man in 2005 when it had 90K miles and it has treated me very, very well. Only problems I've had were EGR valve and a radiator leak. All the rest has been preventive maintenance. Doesn't have a ton of power and doesn't get the best mileage in the world, but it's an older SUV, so I shouldn't complain. Does great on and off road, and pulls my 6x12 enclosed trailer full of stuff just fine. Blue book probably says its only worth 4500, but there's no way I'd sell it for that."