1996 Toyota 4Runner

9.4

Based on 861 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

The Perfect Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "great safety record, very high value retention, very well built and doesn't need repairs"

"I bought my 4Runner new in 2000 and am still driving it 11 years later. I've only ever had to make very minor repairs to it. I can't believe how well this car has help up. Only repairs needed in 11 years: - replaced electrical antenna (approx 4 yrs after purchase) - replaced molding under driver seat that came dislodged from pressure of sliding in and out of drivers seat. (6 yrs) - A/C fan no longer blows on lowest setting, but still functions on all other setting (11 yrs) - turn signal occasionally needs to be turned off and turned back on to blink (11 yrs)"

Very dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "very enjoyable to drive still with high miles"

Cons: "Driver seat wears too much . no other complaints"

"This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicle I have own ed. Even with 203000 miles it still runs and drives great. Right now I am getting a major check up by a reliable mechanic to maintain its condition and keep it running for another 100k miles. Body and interior are still in excellent condition except for drivers seat showing wear."

LOVE my 4runner

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Utility"

"I bought my 96 SR5 from my old man in 2005 when it had 90K miles and it has treated me very, very well. Only problems I've had were EGR valve and a radiator leak. All the rest has been preventive maintenance. Doesn't have a ton of power and doesn't get the best mileage in the world, but it's an older SUV, so I shouldn't complain. Does great on and off road, and pulls my 6x12 enclosed trailer full of stuff just fine. Blue book probably says its only worth 4500, but there's no way I'd sell it for that."

nothing else like it on the roads !

By on Friday, August 3, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE! Safe"

Cons: "no cd player, transmission is going out, burns oil"

"If y'all want a safe and reliable vehicle? Y'all gotta get this! I just bought myself this for Christmas and it was the best present ever. It has gone through many many mud holes, up mountains, everywhere you can imagine, this 4runner has gone. Best vehicle ever made, not the newer 4runner's, just the 1995-2006."

Dependable!

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "Very Versitle"

Cons: "stiff bumpy ride at times."

"With 347,000 miles this 4Runner has been so good to me. Purchased brand new and I have driven my money's worth! My friends and family still can't beleive I am driving the same vehicle. "Oh, What a Feeling..!" TOYOTA!"