1994 Toyota 4Runner

8.3

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

92 4Runner

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Honestly this is a awesome truck! I bought mine from a guy who had obviously never driven it off-road and always babied it in virtually perfect shape 150K on it not running for $2500. It had been sitting on the side of the guys house covered and under a carport for a few years not running cause it would crank but not start. I drained the tank and used the 3-4gal that was in it in my lawn mower, replaced the bad fuel pump, put a new fuel filter, new battery, 2 fuses and I've been driving it since and it now has almost 400K on it. I just follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule and it's been a great truck!"

Great SUV fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "4x4 5speed mpg"

Cons: "does not have enough power"

"this has been a great truck, mine is lifted with 31" tires and for the most part gets decent gas around 19mpg the 4x4 works great both on and off the road!! I did have to put in a new timing belt but it only cost me like $500 so I could not complain!!"

There really is no comparable car out there

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "good offroad"

Cons: "not a racecar, but drinks gas like one. cupholders"

"When i bought this 4runner i was worried because it had 340,000 miles on it. But it was exactly what i was looking for, espcially considering my 2500 dollar price max. It has started right up every time i've needed it. The 4x4 works great, only time i was stuck i was high centered and i have taller tires on my 4runner so i think that says something about how well it does. I'll go on forever about the reliability, comfort and style/cool factor that is the 4runner so i'l try to focus on the few cons it has. #1, it is gutless; i get beat by hybrids/compacts off the line, let alone maneuvering in traffic. #2 the gas mileage should be higher considering the lack of power. #3 the cup holders are too small (they are low tech too but i like that, they work great for small drinks, and never break). I must say that the range of the 4runner is relatively low and i don't think you could get 300miles out of one tank but that fits into the category of low mileage i think. it does tow a little and low range is deceptively low and really maximizes the torque. It handles well off-road and on ice. I've put 25k miles on it (in 1.5years) so i think iv got a pretty good idea of the kind of car it is. The best thing for under $10,000, and one quarter the price!"

17 Years of dependability

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Body style - comfortable - nice drive - dependable"

Cons: "Gas mileage bad - engine power - safety issue"

"My odometer is just over 65,000 miles. NO, it did not 'turn'. Original owner! R/T to work 2.2 miles, now retired. Most mileage was of course trips, at usually 1,000 miles or more. I bought the whole pkg, incl 4-door, roof rack, running boards, great sound system, leather. People ask me to sell, nope. Love the tawny brown color. I can afford a new car, this SUV makes me ask why. To explain that AND give the reader (Hi!) what you need, I'll do this PRO/CON. PROS: I enjoy driving it. Quality workmanship - Few parts have failed - Beautifully designed, so it still looks 'new'. Tho' smaller than today's, 5 passengers ride comfortably, and storage is good after flipping the back seats down. Height is good for seeing traffic ahead on the freeway, which I see as a must. My leather upholstery holds up very well. I have a great factory sound system; good speakers in back. Sun roof is fantastic. Big, with a sliding shade. I've had no problems with the engine or drive train. It always passes smog. I did replace all tires at around 50K miles. 4WD is great; though I don't offroad regularly I compare to my old 4x4 Jeep, and as long as you watch clearance closely and avoid stuff that will scrape the paint, etc., it's great for some off-roading. CONS: Terrible gas mileage is the common complaint. Best I ever got was driving 70 mph, long trip, straight flat road = 16 mpg. City? fuggitaboutit. 12, sometimes 10. Engine power is great once you get up to speed, and the road is flat. It quickly bogs down on hills, even 'empty'; if a road hog slows you down you'll never get your speed back up as long as you are climbing. I think I hate this the most. Except maybe safety. No airbags, only standard across the chest"

one of the best suv ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "confort,easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holder is in wrong place, just above radio oth"

"other than putting in brakes and fixing the rear window so it would go down this 4 runner started and i had no major problems. i would recommend this to people."