2016 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $84,519 - $87,199.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 01/26/2017

9.4

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.8/10

Beats all European/Japanese/US Cars

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pros: "Best quality, innovation, reliability!"

Cons: "None whatsoever!"

"Incredible! My Tesla 2013 reached 90,000 miles this week! My total repair bill was $29 so far for fixing a tire, and Tesla had me picked up on I-5 within 20 minutes at no charge! The battery pack of my Tesla S lost less than 5% after 90,000 miles of driving/charging! The car still has its first (!) disc brakes, and I just replaced the second set of tires. Service has been the best I have ever experienced! No wonder most of my former favorite Mercedes mechanics are working at the local Tesla Service Center now, and they are salaried rather than paid on an hourly basis! The gas guzzler industry and its greedy car dealers will tell you anything negative about this car they can think of. None of it is true! I have driven/owned most luxury cars in the past 50 years, but none of them were as reliable as my Tesla S. I'm not a religious person, but I religiously believe in Tesla and Elon Musk. Why don't we all line up behind the first U.S. car manufacturer that makes Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc. extremely worried because of its cars' innovation and extremely high reliability! At 90,000 miles my Mercedes S Class (sitting in my garage) had about $10,000 in repairs. My son's new AUDI has been in the shop for three weeks now for electronic failures, and my neigbor's new BMW 7 had to be exchanged for a new one, likewise because of electronic failures! As they say, a bird doesn't sh... in its own nest . . . I totally agree with Jay Leno's assessment!"

Much better than my Mercedes S Class!

By on Friday, November 13, 2015

Pros: "uncluttered, comfort seat/handlg, great nav system"

Cons: "none whatsoever!"

"This car has the best service of any car I have owned in the past 40 years (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc.). This must be exactly why Elon Musk doesn't allow dealerships. Musk's statement "if anything goes wrong with the car I built, I need to take care of it and not charge my customers," is unheard of in today's automobile industry. The result is very happy customers and a car that is superior to any in its class! The word is that Tesla S is an expensive car, however, it costs much less than a Mercedes S class and is no more expensive than a high end BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, etc. I just drove my Tesla S to the East Coast and back to the West Coast for a total of 8,200 miles. Not a single problem with my Tesla S (now at 60,000 miles) and not a single incident of range anxiety thanks to the growing network of super chargers Elon Musk built from East to West. Since the super charging for Tesla cars is for free, I got a free ride! Needless to say, my other gas guzzling cars have been in the garage for two years now since a full charge of 250+ miles for my Tesla S is less then $3,00. No need to spend money on gas for a full tank and pollute the environment! Thank you, Elon Musk! Your company is the rare bird in the automobile industry, and you are a man of great vision! My next car is . . . guess . . . a Tesla S or Tesla X."

A Glimpse into the Future of Automobiles

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Pros: "Simplicity of the system and environmental benefit"

Cons: "None so far but I drive less than 100 miles daily"

"After driving 2 electrics vehicles for more than a year I have come to the conclusion that the future of automobiles is electric. I lease a Fiat 500e to go back and forth to the golf course and bought a Tesla 70 for my wife. We drive the Tesla whenever we go out for its comfort and style. Here are the pros and cons of electric cars after one year: Pros 1.They are environmentally responsible – Zero emissions 2.They are “anti-OPEC” – we will use less gas, less imported oil 3. They are economical – up to 120 MPG equivalent in the city 4.You can lease a Fiat 500e for less than $150 per month on a 3 year lease 5.They are cheaper to insure – about 20% less than a gasoline or diesel vehicle 6.There are many incentives that lower actual cost – In California rebates from the state of $2,500, a federal tax credit of up to $7,500 and a reduction in SDG&E bill of up to 30% by reclassifying your home to a lower rate 7.They are quiet – the electric motor on the Fiat emits only a slight whine 8.You never need to buy gas – You start every day with a “full tank” 9.Tesla has installed a network of “Super Chargers” that will enable you to charge your car to 50% capacity from zero in about 25 minutes for free – other providers such as Blink Network are widely available which allow you to charge at nominal rates 10.They are mechanically very simple, so you never need to change the oil, adjust the transmission, tune up the engine, pass a smog test or replace timing belts, batteries etc. 11.Dealer check-up is only every 20,000 miles. They plug it into a computer to check all the systems. 12.They are fun to drive with great acceleration and cornering due to weight distribution 13.They are easy to park, and the Fiat 500e fits into small parking spaces. The Tesla parks itself! 14.You can apply for a special permit, which allows you to get on the freeway using the HOV lane and drive in the commuter lanes even if you are alone 15. Some facilities such as Universities and Government offices provide free preferred parking while charging your car Cons 1.Limited range – Fiat 500e will go 80 to 90 miles on a charge – Tesla P70 goes 220 miles 2.You have to plug it in every night and unplug it every morning – Tesla Requires a 220 outlet to be installed 3.They are slow to charge – it takes 12 hours to fully charge the Fiat from emptly on a 110 line – 2 Hours on a 220 line – Tesla requires 3 hours to fully charge on a 220 line 4.Commercial recharge stations are available but they are slow to fully recharge – 2 hours from empty – Tesla Superchargers will charge 50% in 20 minutes – Starbuck’s nearby! 5.Unknown battery life – manufacturers estimate 8 years -- Battery disposal may pollute the environment – Replacement batteries might be very expensive 6.Regenerative braking takes a while to get used to"

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fast and a blast to drive!"

Cons: "seating is stiff"

"I love this car. Have had it for only two weeks, but it has been great. Charging with the High Powered Wall Charger is easy, Nevada Power gives a special low cut rate, so it is cheap! Very quite when on the freeway, very powerful, easily overtakes traffic. I own a 12 cylinder Mercedes-Benz AMG, and the pick up on this car is just as exciting! I can't wait to try to make it to Southern CA., have already checked out the Barstow Tesla Supercharger station and have had a 240V outlet installed at our home in Huntington Beach."

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Efficiency, touch controls and a joy to drive"

Cons: "Too few cup holders, missing a couple features"

"I've driven lots of nice cars, from BMW's to Porsche's, and my Model S is the best car I've ever owned or driven. To be able to combine the performance of an exceptional sports car with comfort of a luxury car AND the efficiency better than any hybrid is what I find to be most remarkable. Range is the biggest compromise, but my range so far has been close to rated (200+ miles on regular charge with the 85kw battery and limited use of climate control), which is fine for me 95% of the time (will swap with my wife's car for longer trips where I don't want to worry about it). Also, love the touch screen center stack...definitely ahead of its time and it works great. The car has a feel of quality. Yes, it's missing some features (parking sensors, blind spot monitor, etc), but the sum of the car more than makes up for the lack of a couple missing options. I have also had a couple minor hiccups -- defective 3G antenna needed to be replaced and waiting on a fix to the tire pressure warning that keeps popping up, but overall, I love the car. Best advise for anyone doubting the performance or otherwise on the fence is to drive the car."