• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $66,805 - $71,070.

Invoice N/A

9.5

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best Car Ever Built!

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Design, Fast, $7=230mi, Hi Tech, Green"

Cons: "Pricey for many, so quiet pedestrians don't hear u"

"Best vehicle I have ever driven! Mostly charge in my garage costing me a mere $7 for a range of 230 miles.(300mi models avail.) Tesla superchargers being installed around the U.S.A. along interstates are free and only take around 1 hour depending on how low in miles you are. It makes me smile every time I drive it. Everywhere I go, someone wants to know all about it. 17" screen has internet web/music, GPS map,and all the high tech controls easily learned. AC freezes me out in FL hot summers. Excellent handling, very smooth in pickup and slowing down. Rarely need brakes (unless a fast stop) due to regenerative braking. Don't care about gas prices anymore. No more exhaust fumes. Test drive one, you will want one."

This is where the auto future is going...

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, "gas-free", very quick acceleration."

Cons: "Rear-view sight."

"A thrill to drive. No problems at all. Have been through 0 degree weather in Chicago with it. Range decreases by 20% overall. Very reliable. Ride is exceptional! Have encountered lots of "Anti-Tesla" individuals who are just jealous. Car is expensive, but all good things must encounter "rough beginnings", and people should be happy that investors and individuals are taking a chance on "the future" of automobiles- Hey, the average Joe should be glad someone is willing to give this alternative "a try". So far, so good! I believe in this company. The product has been great, and the customer service just as good. This is a great "2nd car" for any family. Be sure to have one regular combustion engine style vehicle on hand to travel those infrequent "long-haul" distances. Overall, I travel no more than 60 miles a day, and the 60kw Tesla Model S has been more than enough to do the job of getting me to where I need to go 99.99% of the time."

Exceeds my pre-purchase expectations

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "see below"

Cons: "see below"

"The Good: Fun to drive. Addictive. Powerful, instant torque, fun handling Forward-thinking interface all handled by touch screen. Beautiful Constant over-the-air software updating Good warranty. Excellent customer service. Superchargers make long distance driving worry free. Did I say fun to drive? No Gas! The Not So Good: New company. Must continue to prove itself to maintain loyalty. Teething pains on some of the hardware. Good service addresses this worry, however. Expensive. Model E will be much more affordable. Some may suffer range anxiety, but for 95% of life, it's just not an issue at all."

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "The frunk, the touchscreen, fun to drive"

Cons: "small vanity mirrors, too many questions by people"

"Had the car for 8 months and I love it. It's fast, looks great and has a very sleek interior. I'm a car guy who grew up in the 80's, so there's alot of minor things to appreciate on this car. The fact that the speakers and fan go to 11! It's great that they have a sense of humor. Made me smile, when I found those Easter eggs. The fact that I don't need gas, the fact that it's easy to charge and when you drive it. No big issues, small issue, maybe the radio, AM does get lousy reception and FM OK in my area, The car is in effect a Faraday cage so what do you expect? Just don't put metallic window tint and you'll be fine. Easy fix is to listen to Am radio it via streaming internet radio- problem solved."

Great but not perfect

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Good acceleration"

Cons: "Poor service"

"The car performs and accelerates well. However I am 5'4", and have to raise the seat. This partially blocks the rear view, The vehicle has a FM radio reception problem. It has been in service three times, but the problem is not fixed. The Tesla forums are full of such reports.It is a shame that Tesla cannot fix this problem. The Tesla service blames the radio stations and poor placement of FM towers!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25