2005 Suzuki XL-7

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Life is Good

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Bought new in 2001. Have changed oil, windshield wipers and brakes. Now have 150K miles. Car looks great. Family has enjoyed it. Leather interior also holding up well after 12 years."

2002 Suzuki XL-7 - hands down, best car I've owned

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, very low cost of ownership."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I purched this vehicle used in 2005. It was a lease trade-in in excellent condition. It is 2013 and I still own this vehicle and it has been more dependable than the new vehicles my wife has purchased. I prefer to buy used and typically only keep a car for a couple year, get boarded with it and get a newer vehicle. Not this little gem! I want to keep this vehicle until the wheels fall off. I am not mechanically inclined and typically only pay for the minimum maintenance care and this car is still standing the test of time. About 3 years ago I developed a small oil leak. I was given an estimate of $1500 to fix. I walked away and figure I would just get the oil changed every 2500 miles rather than 3000. Well, most of the time I forget and go about 4000 miles. No problems at all (the lease is so small that it burns off when driving, doesn't even drop to the ground when parked). Other than the oil leak there have been absolutley NO PROBLEMS with this vehicle beyond typical wear and tear (breaks, tires, coolant flush, etc.). The CD player is starting to go but that is an easy replacement. This vehicle has never failed me. When it does come time to replace I will definitely look at newer XL-7s and can only hope they were made as well as this car. My boy is 6 years old. It wouldn't surprise me if this car was still around when he turns 16!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"We bought used in 2005 with 35,000 miles on it. It's 4 years later and this XL-7 is still running strong with no repairs other than having to replace a timing chain tensioner inside the engine - which our warranty covered. It's been a great car! No complaints."

great car

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Great car, get one with the 3rd row seat. Built like a truck with a full frame and "real" transfer case. Has 5.13 gears so I only get 20 mpg on highway. I would definately suggest one of these. The '07 and up is an equinox, FWD with a subframe, I have heard lots of bugs with those new models. Get an 06 or older."

Wonderful SUV for the money!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I've had my XL-7 for about 3 years now. I bought it used; it was a rental car with about 14k miles on it. Since then, I've put on another 70,000 miles and it has not disappointed me once. The warranty is great, and the price is, too. I wouldn't buy a new one, because the price tag is ridiculous and it looks like they build them on car chassis now. It tows a small boat or U-haul trailer very well, but it doesn't have sports car power. Very sleek on the inside and stylish on the outside. Compare this model's wheels with the newer years...no contest! Would definitely buy again if I can find a low mileage one!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki XL-7 near Honolulu. See local deals