2008 Suzuki Reno

6.9

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

I will never purchase a Suzuki again

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Reason: Transmission issues

Pros: "Cheap"

Cons: "Poorly made"

"First off I bought this car from my families dealership. You'd think being family they would tell me that this car is awful. It was used as a rental in the past and in previous accidents. All of which were not told to me. I've had it for three years, but in the past three years I have put 6 new tires of the car, the airbag and tire pressure light were on since day one because of sensor issues that "could not be fixed unless I replaced the computer", and just recently my transmission was having issues and wouldn't let me accelerate past 1rpm. I got it checked out and the mechanic said that Suzuki's are awful cars which is why they went out of business. He replaced a sensor which allowed me to drive normal again, but less than a week later the check engine light came back on and was not allowing me to accelerate. I had had it with the car so I traded it in yesterday. Never again."

225K miles and still rockin'

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the dollar. Reliable."

Cons: "Styling (my apologies to Italdesign)"

Your mileage may vary

"Traded in a HORRIBLE 2005 Chevy Aveo on this car during a special financing event at a local Suzi dealer. This car is loaded and I got it for around $14K/$150/mo. Several sets of tires and brake pads, dozens of oil and filter changes, a new clutch at 210K miles and Suzi is still rolling! Maintenance, people! You need to stay on top of it! I just passed state inspection today with no added parts or necessary service. However, the mechanic told me new struts should be considered soon. Also, I just received the parts to do a timing belt and water pump change yesterday. I am still on the OEM timing belt at 225K miles, believe it or not. I am aware of lots of scathing reviews on this car on the 'net... I must have gotten lucky. I have NO complaints."

Your mileage may vary

cool car

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "loving the hatchback look, love the tail lamps"

me the owner

"I like this car just some parts are hard to find original, and some parts due to quantity of renos not high in my city parts are and can be expensive, other than that my reno has gotten me to point a to point z with no worries long or short trips"

me the owner

dependable car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, looks different"

Cons: "cup holder location, visibility when backing up"

"I bought this car new in 2008 and it hasn't let me down yet. Solid dependable transportation that's good on gas. I actually get better gas mileage than was on the window sticker"

you get what you pay for

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "price, a lot of room for a small car"

Cons: "OK to get from A to B, but always disappoints"

"The least expensive car I could find. Engine ran pretty well with little to no maintenance, until after 100K. Now engine light is on. Needs thermostat needs MAP sensor, needs new shocks, wheels are dented - won't stay balanced. headlights don't aim correctly, and sometimes don't even work at all. There was a recall for the headlights. Tires are an odd size so you have to buy Korean tires. Can't find Michelin or goodyear in that size. Car is compact with a MPG rating of 25-29. Sometimes cars are rated conservatively and you end up getting more, but NO I never got more than 29 or even averaged close to 29. Disappointing for a small car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Reno near Honolulu. See local deals