2012 Suzuki Kizashi

9.5

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Excellent car for the money

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Quality feel, great value"

Cons: "engine / transmission is a little noisy."

"I was looking at a 2012 Subaru Legacy, but after comparing the equipment side by side, the Kizashi is hands down the best value. If you are looking to be outside of all the toyota's, Honda's and Subaru's circle, this is overall the best choice. I just love the nice upscale feel/lighting of the interior. Especially with the leather seat package. And the awd is great to have in bad climate. The engine is a 2.4 litre, and is chain driven, which does not require timing belt change...which means less maintence and more driving enjoyment, which i really like."

Nice ride

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pros: "Great price,fun drive"

"Sporty good looks and comfortable ride at a great price. Guess Suzuki put the money into the vehicle and not advertising. Compares favorably with cars costing a whole lot more."

Have only owned this car one week, I'm in love ...

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Overall package for the money, plus AWD."

Cons: "Can't think of any ... maybe fuel economy."

"Just purchased the Sport GTS AWD. Great car for Pittsburgh winters. Car runs great, handles extremely well, and the sound system will blow your mind. this is my fourth Suzuki, and they have all been very good, reliable cars. This one is definitely a cut above the others."

Enjoyment to drive.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Priced fair, decent torque for FWD, Comfy, Quiet"

Cons: "I cannot find any"

"Just because i got this car i drive more now :). First trip was to Michigan in winter. The car performed flawlessly. Gas mileage on the highway is superb if you are a conservative driver. In the city even when pushing it does not drop below 23 average. Overall the ride comfort is good, super silent (to a point where i couldnt believe). When you open the sunroof at higher speeds wind makes little to no noise. Its quite amazing. I have looked at a ton of cars and this was my pick. I am extremely happy with it and would consider buying a more powerful version if released. Awd in manual trans would be a plus as well. That is all. 5*"

A great value for a car with many upscale features

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Great price, great features, great looks"

My wife's Suzuki Aerio after the accident

"We compared our Suzuki Kizashi to a Mazda 6, a Nissan Altima, a Hyundai and others. This was BY FAR the best value for what we paid and I might add we got a very good deal on our 2011 SLS. It is the best driving car I have ever owned. The car is loaded with features at a reasonable price, and the exterior styling is superb. We are now a two Suzuki family and may expand that in the future. I say that because in 2006 my wife was rear ended in her Suzuki Aerio sedan while stopped at at a light by a Ford 150 truck and she survived because the car collapsed around her. The car was totaled, but my wife survived. Check out the photo! Thank you Suzuki."

My wife's Suzuki Aerio after the accident

love this car....driving since March 2011

By on Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pros: "great interior, great driving dynamics, quiet,"

Cons: "few dealerships around"

"those who value their money and know what value a car has, should buy Kizashi...extremely pleased with my shopping...I am surprised folks are still buying Camry and Honda when they have a much better option."

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

21 K Miles & Still Strong !!

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"I Do alot of driving in my Kizashi 21k in less than a year so far..and it has ben 100% reliable...No Bugs or Gremlins at all. The CVT with Paddle Shifters are Great to Use..and give the car the quickness & Speed when the right gear is selected. The only Issue is the Paint !! It chips VERY Easily Especially the front Faica area/Top front edge of the hood...it's like the car had no protective Clear Coat at all. Overall though, the Car is Great, it always gets looks and comments "What kind of car is That" ??..and reliability is Top Notch"

2011 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT, Excellent car!

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good value, solid, good looking"

Cons: "see my review"

"Unlike some other reviewers that did a lot of research and test drove other vehicles, I bought this car on a whim. And I don't have the least regret. Some background, saw my first Kizashi at a hotel at the SFO airport, 6/11 really liked the looks. Went on the Internet and read the positive reviews by both the automotive press and consumers. Ended up taking a test drive and fell in love with it. Purchased it 7/31/11. This trim level includes all the accessories, options except for XM radio. I confess I had some reliability issues within the first month, which was really disconcerting. particularly, some incorrectly latched ignition connectors that required 2 service visits. However, American Suzuki provided a rental car and roadside service. That was back in Aug, 11, not a single problem since. Words that come to mind, a drivers car, solid, substantial, fun to drive, beautiful, value oriented, performance, great handling, quiet, smooth, responsive, luxurious, distinctive, I appreciate the attention to detail. I have taken my car out to the track and I would rate it a 4 on the track for acceleration on the straightways and 5 in the turns but a 5 for every day driving. The paddle shifters simulate a manual transmission which are great when you're carving a back road. Reliability a 5 no further problems. Mileage averages 26-32 mpg. The CVT takes some getting used to, but the car is so smooth and quiet that you think you're not moving but then you look in the rear view mirror and the cars behind get smaller quickly. This car is so comfortable for long drives. Excellent supportive seats, great sound system. I had spent $2,500 to upgrade the sound system in the 2009 Honda Civic Si coupe that I owned to overcome the road, engine noise. This car has a Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker system with subwoofer and DSP, excellent sound quality, clear, detailed, accurate, wide soundstage. This car, is a great sensual, aural, tactile experience. I personally, am not interested in making a statement, but more concerned with performance, handling, value, distinctiveness. The vivid red paint is rich and deep. My GF owned a 2001 Suzuki Vitara with over 100K miles and she never had a problem. I also own a 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle and I have had one issue in 9 years, a cooling fan that needed replacement. Based on those experiences and with the warranty, I took the plunge. You'll read reviews about the lack of a turbo or V6, would be nice, small back seat, scarce dealer network, all real issues, but if you need a bigger car, get one. If supersizing your car isn't a priority seriously consider this vehicle, I don't believe you'll be disappointed."

The Kizashi is a great, well built car.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Quality, fuel economy, safety, looks expensive"

"Our 2010 Kizashi has been a wonderful car for us.The car feels solid, and can be bought at a very low price. It is easy to do the maintenance myself. Suzuki even has a website were you can get all the info on maintenance, and repair procedures, for a very small fee. We average 29 miles per gallon, with an average speed of 35 MPH on our dash display. Ours is an all wheel drive Kizashi. I just bought another one on 8/28/12, a 2012 AWD S model. We have two now!"

Perfection

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "great price, fancy look, smooth ride"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I LOVE MY CAR! I purchased this vehicle after my reliable 2004 Chrysler Sebring was becoming more of a liability than an asset. There is nothing I would change in regards to this vehicle. I initially traveled to the car dealer to pick up a Toyota Camry but when I passed this car - I had to take a look...and then I drove it"

great car for the price

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I have owned suzuki vehicles since 1998 this car is GREAT!!! my only suggestion would have been to have tinted windows, it has taken some getting use to... maybe the next year model"

Very reliable and Nice Looking Car

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, high value, top safety rate"

Cons: "No rear camera, poor MPG,"

"14 months ago I decided to buy a Kizashi, something that I wanted since the Kizashi was launched. I bought a 2010 SLS with 144000 miles; inside still looks like new and outside it has only some light scratches and dings due to flying objects. Other than regular maintenance, no repairs at all and still runs very strong with an average of 27 MPG combined. Recently I switched to royal purple oil for high mileage engines and MPG is going up, I estimate 29 MPG and runs smoother. I definitely recommend this car. I got it for $5600.00 and I am pretty sure that it will run flawlessly for several years to come. There is no need to pay 20, 30 or even 40 thousand dollars for a new car."

Really solid car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "sleek looking, good on gas, beautiful washed"

Cons: "an extra 10 or 15 hp would be nice."

"We bought the dark blue AWD model. In the summer, all washes and waxed, really turns heads. I love the look of the car inside and out. We have not had any problems with it. Now, I know I only have 26K on it but still... I wish it had just another 10 or 15 hp. I know I bought a 4cyl, just a touch more umph! would be nice. Other than that I love the car. Rides nice (sporty), turns great, 18' rims, nice leather seats, great dash..... Just a hot car. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy it!"

die hard chevy man buy a kizashi?

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "affordable, stylish,fun to drive"

Cons: "could use a little more pep, but still not bad"

"I just bought a 2011 blue sls for my wife for christmas. I soon discoved that this was a win win situation for me, not only is she extremly happy, i get to drive it too. the features this car came with for the money are unbeatable. also, the car is very flashy and there doesn't seem to be many other owners out there right now, making me feel ahead of a trend for once."

After 13 Cars I've found "The One"

By on Friday, July 10, 2015

Pros: "Paddle shifters, power everything, memory seats"

Cons: "Mileage - Averages about 28MPG"

"I purchased this car in 2014 after going through a serious midlife crisis with a souped up Toyota FJ Cruiser. Now When I say this car has it all - I am serious - This car has it all! I took the test drive, played with the paddle shifters, jacked the bass up on the 10inch sub that comes stock and let the good times roll. So far I've driven this car from Milwaukee, WI to Nebraska - Let me just say - I drank 4 redbulls set the cruise control to 80 MPH and I covered that distance in 7.5 hours - ABSOLUTELY amazing and fun to drive - this car moves. If you know anything about downshifting gears it'll get you off the line with a chirp - LOVE IT!"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Great, easy to drive, and stylish."

Cons: "Dealerships hard to find, and back leg room"

"I have had my car for a year now, and I love it. It is easy to drive, comfortable for long drives, and I have not seen one person in town with a car like mine. The only thing that I would recommend is more leg room in the back and closer to a dealership for the Key Fob to be replaced. Another great feature is the sound that comes from the speakers, hands free blue tooth, and a memory setting for the driver's seat."

Awesome car in its own class!!

By on Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling, ride, gas mileage, power, value"

Cons: "Would like to have more control of the ipod"

I like that the Kazashi stands out in a crowd. Easy to find in the parking lot.

"I absolutely love our Kazashi Sport SLS. I was looking for a somewhat sporty sedan with everything but navigation, because I like to use my Garmin. On most cars the Nav system is part of a package and if you don't get it then you are not getting something else that you want. The Kazashi is a very good handling car. Everything about it feels really solid and it looks absolutely beautiful. I just love driving it. In fact, I still find myself looking for excuses to go somewhere just to get behind the wheel. I was a little concerned about getting the Sport SLS because I thought it would ride too rough. It rides very well. The ride is taught, but the car manages to absorb all the bumps and gives you a feeling of confidence while driving it. The inside materials including the leather is an outstanding quality. I have had other cars with leather, but this leather is more supple and doesn't get as hot in the summer. The seats are very comfortable and have plenty of adjustments and three memory settings. My wife just loves the his and hers climate control because she is always turning the blower down and I am turning it up, but this car we can each set our own. The radio is the best I have had in a car before and the bluetooth streaming is really cool. It remembers where you were on the song and restarts it from your phone the next time you start the car. The engine has enough power to get the job done, but not enough to get you into trouble :). It is a good trade off between power and gas mileage. I am averaging 32-33 mpg on the highway running around 75 mph. I did have one trip with a lot of traffic where I got 34.5 over 210 miles. I guess the traffic helps with drafting. I have had to pass cars on winding two lane roads and it was up to the task and did well. I was also a little concerned about the trunk size. On paper it is 13.3 cubic feet and my previous car was 14.5. However, it is designed well with no wasted space. Our two large suitcases still fit so we are good to go. The trunk seems bigger than the 13.3 CF because all of the space is useable. But, when we looked at the car and drove it, and I commented that maybe our suitcases didn't fit, we liked the car so much, my wife and I looked and each other and said, "we'll get smaller suitcases"! In summary, I get comments everywhere I go asking about the car because everyone loves the looks of it. It has great mileage, looks, adequate power, and all the creature comforts you need. It even has a few features I didn't think I needed but can't do without now. I would definately recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty sedan between the size of a compact and midsize. By the way, for us the size is perfect."

I like that the Kazashi stands out in a crowd. Easy to find in the parking lot.

I love this car..........

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Handeling, suspension, interior, keyless start"

Cons: "too many light colors on dash at night"

"This car is just the right size. Great ride, suspension, and handeling. Has a quality and up scale feel all around. The seats are very comfortable with good support. Controls are simple and easy to use. Dual climate control, keyless start, the car even has a light under each front door. Only minor thing I would have changed are the many colors on the dash, differnt shades of white, green, orange - should have one or two solid colors. Great warranty - 7 year/100,000 miles on powertrain. Suzuki seems to have thought of everything. Sometimes I ask myself, did i really get this great car for the price of a Corolla or Civic? YES I DID."

You won't be Sorry...Buy it.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Price, Quality, AWD, Ride, Handling, Features"

Cons: "Buzzy Engine Noise, CVT takes a bit to get use to."

"We bought a low mileage 2010 GTS. My wife needed to replace her 2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD (Daughter is taking the Vibe to College)and her must have was AWD. I did a ton of research and it came down to a used Subaru Legacy or a Kizashi. Once you compare the two on the used market the Subaru does hold it's value..too well. You just can't get it with low miles at an affordable price. When you really dig into it the Kizashi is actually just as solid and reliable as a Subaru but is equipped much better and for a better price. The one thing that really does set Kizashi apart is the AWD can be turned off. This gets you much better gas mileage. Our Vibe is AWD all the time and the gas mileage suffers from it. We have averaged 26 mpg with primarily in town driving. We were able to get our Kizashi under book price and added a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty for just 1500.00(Never used it yet). This still come in thousands of dollars under a much higher mileage used Legacy. We bought from a reputable dealer and he was actually shocked on the cost of the warranty. He said that the low price indicates that they don't have many issues with the car. We keep our cars that's why we bought the warranty. The car itself has been bullet proof. It's just a plain fantastic car. It's the prefect size for everyday use. The ride and Handling are fantastic. It does take a bit to get use to the CVT transmission but once you do, it's great. Engine is a bit buzzy. This car is a solid bargain that shouldn't be passed up!!!"

Awesome, overlooked car

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I never thought I would buy a Suzuki but I also did not want something you see on every street corner. I have the SLS model with FWD. The car has outstanding looks inside and out, great quality so far, and you get a lot for your money. It is a pleasure to drive and several people have already said they would love to get this for their next car. I strongly recommend checking out the Kizashi for your next car."

good price, fun to drive, great handling, solid

By on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, solid feel, great sporty"

"I fell in love with this car immediately! It handles beautifully, has a high end feel with a quality interior. This is a fun car to drive! I use the manual option most of the time, which seems to boost the mpg. It has a sporty look and feel, a solid ride and superb handling on winding roads."

LOVE the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a European car-mechanically sound"

Cons: "back seat leg room- lack of dealerships if needed"

"This car runs great-looks great-100% quality inside and out. No mechanical problems, no brake repairs, even after 48K. MPG approx 29 HWY-parking lot for Southern Cal and 26 City. Back seat could have used a little more room for taller passengers. Very few dealerships out in Southern Calif. Went through a few high performance tires-going on 3rd set. No problems w/CVT 180 HP helps. This car has been wonderful :)"

Wonderful vehicle,

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, quick response, good price"

Cons: "lost my GPS with leather seats/you need to change,"

"This is just a enjoyable vehicle. I get people asking me about it all the time. They tell how good looking it is, and I tell them how wonderful it drives and how comfortable. I am so glad that I got the heated leather seats. One man told me "that is not your average Suzuki". I reply to him that there is nothing average about the Kizashi and that Suzuki had made everyone else look bad with this car. I did a lot of research and drove a lot of cars before buying this one and I am sure that I made the right decision. My sons, and brother-in-law all agree with me. I purchased this car after the death of my husband and it was the first vehicle I had ever bought without him."

love love

By on Friday, September 3, 2010

"I was looking for a car/ suv for months, And i saw that suzuki and i had to test it and i LOVEd LOVEd IT!! After i drove that i wanted it and i came home with it that day! My mother has an altima and its like that, but a mini altima ! i just love it,it doesn't sound like a go cart and i just feel so comfortable in it! I have the black and it gets sooo dirty and you can see the scratches but it's nice! i love it! i have people ask me about it all the time! i've even had people sit in it! The only thing that drives me nuts is in the back seat my grandson getting the seatbelt hooked with his booster takes a little time because the seat belts are kinda down in the seat, but i'm 48 years old and i just love it! I would recommend anyone!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Kizashi near Honolulu. See local deals