2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara

8.2

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Finally a keeper

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth drive, multi function vehicle"

Cons: "window seals need replacement, fast fading paint"

"This is my 2nd Grand Vitara, I had the older body style and when this one came out I was there to get one. I love the styling of the body, the car handles very well and drives smoothly. I have the best of both worlds, I can haul light weight trailers, fill my trunk area with mulch etc but still pack the family in for road trips. Since paying off the Grand Vitara I have not looked for a new car and do not even want to pass this one on to one of my kids. It's MINE and I want to keep it :) Truely a great car for the money."

Great value in a small package

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I love my grand vitara. I have owned mine for 2 years and I love it just as much as the day I bought it. This car can do anything. Great all around vehicle. I tow a lot of stuff, and It tows AMAZINGLY well for such a small SUV. Great Value"

This is the best car I have ever owned!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, and great in the snow!"

"This car has been extremely dependable. I have not one time had any trouble with it. Great on gas for an SUV, about 25mpg. It is a sound car. Great in the snow. I simply love it. It's the best purchase I ever made."

Very dependable

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"This vehicle is very good on ice and snow. No snow tires required. I don't care for the front beams on vehicle. I wish they were larger. This was my first purchase of an SUV and I have not been disappointed."

good vehicle

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"did have to replace the factory tires early (about 20k), but the replacement tires still look brand new after another 30k. no other issues so far. getting ready to do the 60k maintenance. changed a headlight bulb and replaced the front pads, not bad for 4 years of ownership. cargo room is a little small but splurge for a roof box for long trips- it seems to double your cargo space."

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"I have been extremely pleased with this vehicle. I regularly get 21 - 22 mpg on my commute to work and 24-26 mpg on freeway trips. It doesn't rattle, bang or clunk and feels just as tight as when I drove it off the lot in Feb 2006. It will cruise at 75-80 with no road noise. Only complaint I could make was the original tires HAD to be replaced at 25K. It is comfortable and my 78 year old father, after a 600 mile trip with us, said it was a good riding car."

Exceptional value

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"I have a 2008. The ride is extraordinary, and it is reliable, and functional. Plenty of room to go Sam's club shopping, for a month. It is also the best vehicle on snow/ice that I have ever owned. It has an incrdible grip on snow that really adds to the feeling of safety! You will be happy with this SUV! Dask"

Husband really loved this vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Great drivability; good vision"

Cons: "Headrest awkward for short people; ugly a/c contro"

"My husband had a 07 Suzuki Gran Vitara. HE LOVED IT. I had problems with the headrest as I am short & it hit the middle of my head moving it forward. The a/c controls are ugly and not really as functional as some other vehicles. Drives very well; handles well; had an issue with the rear drive shaft in the first year but other than that not anything but brake check; mechanic said great brakes; heavy duty and strength of what is equivalent to Suburbans. Mechanic said suzukis do not come in for repair; very dependable vehicles. Vehicle was totaled by a drunk driver and husband was devastated. Could not find another used one to replace it with so we bought Ford explorer. I do not like driving the Ford."

Great SUV for the price

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Standard features and comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage."

"We have had our 2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara for a few months now. No regrets buying it. Yes the gas mileage could be better we are getting a combined hyw/city of 19.8 It does not seem as sluggish as people have described. The list of standard features is incredible. So far I would buy another one but will not be able to now."

Good Car

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"Rides good, looks better than most in this price range. Lots of features for the money. Gets fair gas mileage at best."

best vehicle nobody knows about

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "great price for the workmanship"

Cons: "no gps no backup camera but I added both"

"I bought this car new in October 2005 ventilated seats 6 cd stereo heated outside mirrors controls in steering wheel leather 6 airbags stability control running lights sunroof all power windows and locks remote unlock keyless ignition 6 cup holders"

Started out great - went downhill!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, stylish; at least initially"

Cons: "rapid deterioration, warning lights flashing"

"Although I started out loving this small SUV, I am not happy with it now. I'm on my 3rd set of tires, the paint on the gearshift knob is coming off, warning lights flash on and off at will, even though I have had it checked several times and there is nothing wrong, and the sunroof has decided not to close all of the way. The key fobs are giving out - sometimes they work and sometimes they just don't. I went to a locksmith who advertised batteries"

Great overall vehicle for the price!!!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Leather, heated seats, sound sys, XM, price, V6."

Cons: "Not much room for baby car seat, gas mileage."

"I absolutely love this SUV!..I have the 2006 Luxury model...The ride height is a good average with 17" wheels.... the Luxury model comes with nice leather and heated seats!...nothing has ever went wrong with it besides a bad battery and the passenger's seat doesn't heat up. (no biggie)....Even though it's "XM Ready", you do have to install a pretty expensive XM Tuner which is a pain to install if you don't pay somebody to do it for you....but I think it's overall a very sharp vehicle...small things that I don't like is that you have to purchase a luggage rack adapter and that the small seat behind the driver rattles a little bit....but they are 60/40 fold down seats, which is great. (too bad they just don't fold down into the floor). The sound system/stereo is great!...subwoofer under the driver's seat built in along with 6 additional speakers and a 6 disk CD changer that reads MP3's!...and we just had our first child, and with the size of the back seat, it's a little tight b/c of the size of carseats these days and with me being so tall that I sit really far back...but even with me being over 6 foot tall, I have plenty of headroom which is great and usually unheard of with a small SUV....and wish it had better gas mileage (18/22)..but average for a V6."

Has been a very dependable car

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "No GPS"

"Would be an excelent family car"

Great SUV, Great Price

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"This is my third Suzuki, no issues with any of them. I traded my 2002 XL7 for the 2009 GV (FWD 3.2 Engine), never had any problems, great reliability. The GV is a great vehicle, well built."

Happy go fun!!

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"Purchased 08' GV because of pricing. I Love my GV! I get an average of 21mpg. could be a few better, but I love it!! I have taken a few long trips inexcess of 400 miles, and it rides well, handels very well. Have only had two minor problems.One that was a recall, The other normal wear and tear. It was covered under warranty and my dealer fixed it promptly! I have my GV serviced at the dealer and the service is great. So far my GV has been dependable, reliable, and a pleasure to drive!! Handels and corners very well. Sticks to the ground!! I have loaded many items into it, from groceries to musical instruments to hunting gear. For most daily and outting use it meets and exceeds my expectations. Seats 2 child car seats and 1 small adult well in the back seats. A friend of mine and his brother are 6'5" and 6'6" and they can drive and ride comfortably. I would reccomend to anyone looking for a smaller multipurpose vehicle."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Best bang for the buck out there."

WOW

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"I had my daughter in febuary and need to loose the $600/ month payment on my eddie bauer explorer but still wanted an suv. so far the gv has been a great vehicle. yesterday we had a snow storm/ ice storm and it performed so phenomenal i am thinking of getting another for the wife. i get about 18 in the city no matter how hard i drive it and about 26 on the hwy. i am 6'2" and the seat is all the way back so id have to not recomend it to anyone taller but everything is a pleasure. i cant wait til summer to off road it."

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

not bad

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I've had the GV for about two years, and have had a couple of problems (airbag sensor needed replaced, rear door sensor adjusted, bad seel on rear door). all were covered on warrranty. Drive the vehicle little though, (family vehicle used mosly on weekends). Gas mileage is subpar compared to current small suvs, but I got a good deal on price 16,400 on a 21,000 sticker. Worth the deal I got"

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I PUT 23000 MILES IN 1 YEAR CITY AND HIGHWAY NO PROBLEMS AT ALL A REAL RUGGED AUTO BECAUSE I DO A LOT OF CITY DRIVING"

Purchase a different vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Wow, where to start. After 12,000 miles I had to have the whole rear differential replaced. Dealer said that it was assembled wrong and that it was unsafe to drive the whole time I owned the vehicle. This caused the tires in the front to go bald due to the inability of the traction control to work properly, but was told by the dealer and the regional rep. that the tires are not covered under warranty. The paint is aleady starting to crack eventhough I wax twice a year and wash every 2 weeks. The dealer tells me it's an enviromental issue and that it's not covered under warranty. The 02 sensor went out after 10k and had to be replaced. Now I'm at 29k and the car sometimes dies right after I start it. It looks as though it's a fuel injection problem. I'll never buy another Suzuki again. This is the most undependable car ever....and I owned a 00' KIA Sportage before this vehicle, it went 186k before it had major issues (A/C blower went out and cost too much to replace)."

High & Expensive Maintenance

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"The money you save by buying this vehicle as opposed to a reputable brand is spent on the expensive maintenance. The windshields are $500+ to repair and only available through the dealership. Same goes for air filters. My SUV came with the Inteligent Key which is no longer working. The sensor on the back door is broke so my "door adjar" ligh keeps flashing as I drive. This vehicle is not worth buying. Did I mention the tires are also expensive and hard to find. Costco didn't even have them in stock. I will never buy a Suzuki again."

OK-Not a Tahoo

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I had a Chevy Tahoo and wanted a smaller SUV. Bought this one in Dec when dealers were clearing them out. It is reliable, I have 30K miles on mine; tires are still fine. It is dusty inside always. Cloth seats are 'kinda cheap feeling.' It's been fine, but nothing to reccommend about it. I average 20-22MPG on my daily driving."

SUVlaki

By on Monday, November 24, 2008

"Great little SUV, a little noisy at freeway speeds, OEM tires not good, a little suceptible to side winds mainly because of its narrow axle; capable off-roader; 24mpg; good value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Grand Vitara near Honolulu. See local deals