2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara

8.2

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Very dependable

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"This vehicle is very good on ice and snow. No snow tires required. I don't care for the front beams on vehicle. I wish they were larger. This was my first purchase of an SUV and I have not been disappointed."

good vehicle

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"did have to replace the factory tires early (about 20k), but the replacement tires still look brand new after another 30k. no other issues so far. getting ready to do the 60k maintenance. changed a headlight bulb and replaced the front pads, not bad for 4 years of ownership. cargo room is a little small but splurge for a roof box for long trips- it seems to double your cargo space."

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"I have been extremely pleased with this vehicle. I regularly get 21 - 22 mpg on my commute to work and 24-26 mpg on freeway trips. It doesn't rattle, bang or clunk and feels just as tight as when I drove it off the lot in Feb 2006. It will cruise at 75-80 with no road noise. Only complaint I could make was the original tires HAD to be replaced at 25K. It is comfortable and my 78 year old father, after a 600 mile trip with us, said it was a good riding car."

Exceptional value

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"I have a 2008. The ride is extraordinary, and it is reliable, and functional. Plenty of room to go Sam's club shopping, for a month. It is also the best vehicle on snow/ice that I have ever owned. It has an incrdible grip on snow that really adds to the feeling of safety! You will be happy with this SUV! Dask"

Husband really loved this vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Great drivability; good vision"

Cons: "Headrest awkward for short people; ugly a/c contro"

"My husband had a 07 Suzuki Gran Vitara. HE LOVED IT. I had problems with the headrest as I am short & it hit the middle of my head moving it forward. The a/c controls are ugly and not really as functional as some other vehicles. Drives very well; handles well; had an issue with the rear drive shaft in the first year but other than that not anything but brake check; mechanic said great brakes; heavy duty and strength of what is equivalent to Suburbans. Mechanic said suzukis do not come in for repair; very dependable vehicles. Vehicle was totaled by a drunk driver and husband was devastated. Could not find another used one to replace it with so we bought Ford explorer. I do not like driving the Ford."

Great SUV for the price

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Standard features and comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage."

"We have had our 2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara for a few months now. No regrets buying it. Yes the gas mileage could be better we are getting a combined hyw/city of 19.8 It does not seem as sluggish as people have described. The list of standard features is incredible. So far I would buy another one but will not be able to now."

Good Car

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"Rides good, looks better than most in this price range. Lots of features for the money. Gets fair gas mileage at best."

best vehicle nobody knows about

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "great price for the workmanship"

Cons: "no gps no backup camera but I added both"

"I bought this car new in October 2005 ventilated seats 6 cd stereo heated outside mirrors controls in steering wheel leather 6 airbags stability control running lights sunroof all power windows and locks remote unlock keyless ignition 6 cup holders"

Started out great - went downhill!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, stylish; at least initially"

Cons: "rapid deterioration, warning lights flashing"

"Although I started out loving this small SUV, I am not happy with it now. I'm on my 3rd set of tires, the paint on the gearshift knob is coming off, warning lights flash on and off at will, even though I have had it checked several times and there is nothing wrong, and the sunroof has decided not to close all of the way. The key fobs are giving out - sometimes they work and sometimes they just don't. I went to a locksmith who advertised batteries"

Great overall vehicle for the price!!!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Leather, heated seats, sound sys, XM, price, V6."

Cons: "Not much room for baby car seat, gas mileage."

"I absolutely love this SUV!..I have the 2006 Luxury model...The ride height is a good average with 17" wheels.... the Luxury model comes with nice leather and heated seats!...nothing has ever went wrong with it besides a bad battery and the passenger's seat doesn't heat up. (no biggie)....Even though it's "XM Ready", you do have to install a pretty expensive XM Tuner which is a pain to install if you don't pay somebody to do it for you....but I think it's overall a very sharp vehicle...small things that I don't like is that you have to purchase a luggage rack adapter and that the small seat behind the driver rattles a little bit....but they are 60/40 fold down seats, which is great. (too bad they just don't fold down into the floor). The sound system/stereo is great!...subwoofer under the driver's seat built in along with 6 additional speakers and a 6 disk CD changer that reads MP3's!...and we just had our first child, and with the size of the back seat, it's a little tight b/c of the size of carseats these days and with me being so tall that I sit really far back...but even with me being over 6 foot tall, I have plenty of headroom which is great and usually unheard of with a small SUV....and wish it had better gas mileage (18/22)..but average for a V6."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Grand Vitara near Honolulu. See local deals