2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Based on 141 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Very Good SUV, great value

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I bought my '03 Grand Vitara in February '04 with 15,000 miles on it and I now have 58,000 miles on it. It drives just as quiet and smooth as the day I bought it. I had Suzuki dirt bikes as a kid but was skeptical of a car made by Suzuki. It's been a huge surprise and it cost me $20,000 less than my Grand Cherokee Limited (transmission went on that...I do not recommend Jeep!). I've never done anything to Suzuki but add gas, change the oil, and switch the stock tires (bad in snow) to Goodyear Triple Treds. Since I've had the Triple Tred all-season tires on it, I haven't had any problems in the snow and I live in Upstate NY just north of Albany. My wife has a 2008 Toyota RAV4 which drives a little better than my Suzuki but cost more than twice as much."

Love my Suzuki!

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, cute as a button"

Cons: "Acceleration isn't strong with 2.5V engine."

"For a reliable, fun and cute little SUV, the Suzuki Grand Vitara is hard to beat. I bought mine two years ago with 99,500 miles and now I have 126,000 miles on her, and she's still going strong. There were a number of things I needed to do around the 100k mileage mark (new tires, new brakes, new battery, clutch repair) but nothing too bad or unexpected with such high mileage. I've got the two-wheel drive version with the smaller engine, so I'm not setting any land speed records but she drives very well through city streets and can handle speeds of 65-70 mph on the highway. There isn't as much horsepower as I would like, but it is a concession I happily make to have such a reliable and well-running SUV. With the rear seats folded down, there is plenty of room for my two large Golden Retrievers to lay down and relax with room to spare. A big thumbs up on my little Suzuki! I plan to keep her until her final breath, which is hopefully many years away. She's just a great car for the money!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Very reliable have only had to fix a few things that can be expected. Has never let me down in Colorado snow storms. I've owned since new and will probably keep it till it dies. If you really want to see what these cars are able to do go onto youtube you'll see some amazing off road things in other countries."

Rugged, bitty beast!

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "tough, tough, tough"

Cons: "tight in the back"

"I use my Grand Vitara for off-roading. It handles steep grades, mud, rough terrain, and water very well. It looks like a cute, little car that's best for driving to the mall, but it's a rugged, itty-bitty beast. Last week, I tore the tail pipe coming out of a hole, but I had my mechanic hang it higher and saw off the end that angles downward. I love the underbelly armor, the short wheelbase, and the clearance. It's truly a waste to drive this beast to the mall and back. It's made for off-roading!"

Blue/Gray Grand Vitari

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"Bought this car new...Haven't had any issues...LOVE the color and style, wished they would have kept it starting in 2006...it's more sporty looking than the 2006. Have had lots of compliments on the blue/gray combo. Like the independent 4-wheel drive rather than the AWD that is in the 2006. Only complaint would be the seats. I wish they were a little more comfortable. GREAT VEHICLE...would buy another that year."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Purchased my car in 1999 brand new; have 119000 mls and it's still running. The only thing that has recently occured was the AC stopped working. It's a little expensive to fix so I don't plan on doing that yet. Otherwise, great car; get's me where I need to be; I would certainly recommend this car to others. I've owned this vehicle going on my 11th year."

Good Family Starting Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 21, 2009

"I've had this car since early 2001, bought it new. Only major problem I've had with it was the air conditioning when out at about 125,000 miles. Was $1500 to replace, higher than other similar cars, plus Suzuki doesn't really support any after market parts. Now I have over 165,000 miles. If you do routine maintanence the car just keeps going and going. I've had two front in collusions in the car, and after repairs, you couldn't even tell that happen. Has had control problems when roads are icey, car has spun out when brakes were only lightly tapped. That happen three times one winter. Overall, I've loved this car and would recommend it over and over to a family with small children. Once the kids hit about 14 though the car is two small. I've loved the ride I've had with the car though, it was well worth it."

Celebrating my 10th year with this SUV!!

By on Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"I bought my '99 Grand Vitara with only 10 miles on it. It's now pushing 200,000 miles and I've only had to replace tires, oil, brake pads and 1 belt. It's probably getting to the end of it's road, but this has been a phenomenally reliable vehicle that I have used heavily."

You get your money's worth!!

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle with 0 miles back in 2000. I've put 157,000 miles on it so far. I have driven it off road, on road, in all weather conditions and it always held up. I'm proud of the little guy. It can hold its own with the big fellas. Only sad thing about Suzuki is dealer service. I visited at least 3 different dealerships for service and they have all dissapointed me. If it weren't for the bad dealer service, I would've purchased another Grand Vitara. This car requires minimal service, and is fun to drive."

Dependable effient

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "For the price you can't beat it."

"Going on 14 years have only had to replace brakes, batteries and tires. Still runs excellent and everything works!"

love this car

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "very comfortabel and reiliable, great price"

Cons: "small leak by the oil pump"

"very litte maintance ,for elevent year old car"

Great Little SUV

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"I've had this car since new. Only mechanical problems other than normal maintenance in 95000 miles was a failed axle bearing and a problem with the remote for the doors. It is still in great mechanical shape. It doesn't burn oil and runs pretty much like it did when new. The engine runs fine. The transmission shifts fine and everything works. It has also been used as a toad behing a motorhome. It has been a "Great Little Car"."

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"I bought this car for my wife who is 5 feet,1 inch tall,but she drives my car now and I drive the Suzuki. I'm 6 feet 4 inches. I have no problem with it because of my size except for the back seat. It's a great little car and I never thought I would buy a Suzuki. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Love My Suzuki!

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"I've had mine for alomost 10 years, 190,000 miles. I love it. I tow a boat with it, haul music equipment, take long trips, carry kayaks on top, use and abuse-and it has been a great car. The only drawback for me (I'm 6'2") is the back seat leg room. The front is great but no adults can ride in the back with me. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Car is overall a comfortable and easy to drive vehicle. We get 23 plus MPG if we hold it to 55. We've had a little problem with the 4 wheel drive. Brakes seem to need to be replaced more than average. May be my wife's sudden stop racer techniques."

I bought this car new in2003

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "would be nice if transmission shifted smoother"

"Never had any major problems,its getting old like me but I really love my old Betsy.Thinking about getting her a new paint job"

A great little truck!

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive in town."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage. Not enough power for highway use"

"I'm only getting 16mpg Otherwise I'd keep this car forever! Useless in the snow without snow tires"

Awesome car

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"My Parents bought this car brand new in 99, and i love it. I learned to drive on it and bought it from my parents before I left for college in 06. I had to replace the starter and catalytic converter a few years ago, but no major repairs needed so far. It now has 121,000 miles on it and is running great! My boyfriend's Dodge Stratus is always breaking down and my car always saves the day!"

this car rules

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

"this car has been the most reliable car i've ever purchased. The steering radius is amazing, making it super easy to manuveur the vehicle anywhere. It has never had any major mechanical failures and it's still alive and kicking after 10 years and 140k miles. most definitely recommend it to anyone."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"at 93000 miles all I have done is replace tires and front brakes. No problems at all and I avg 22 mpg"

excelent

By on Sunday, May 3, 2009

"very happy I have the car since Dec 2000 running great. Never a mayor problem Because of that I decided to byuy a new 2008 Suzuki XL7"

Great small SUV

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"Great small SUV . Good features . Very reliable . Easy to park I've had this car since new and the only problem has been an o2 sensor . Use for light towing . With regular maintenance , this SUV s/b good for 200,000 ** Great " Toad " for towing behind a motorhome"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"This is a great little machine. 64000 miles and not one major repair. Thats almost unheard of. I hope to put another 64,000 on mine."

very reliable

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"bought used with 19,000 miles in 2002. other than routine maint.vehicle has always started & ran well. gets 23 mpg."

My Car

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I bought this cas used, it is the best car so far ever. The only thing I had to do was change brake pads a couple of times. Other than that this car is great. I can fit all the grandchildren in it. Pack up the back with folding chairs and still have room for alot of other things for the football games. I will drive this car till it don't drive no more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Suzuki Grand Vitara near Honolulu. See local deals