2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

8.3

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Solid Yet Disappointed with Minor Issues

By on Friday, June 2, 2017

Pros: "High wheel clearance, value, AWD, & driveability."

Cons: "Electronics, hybrid mpg, and dual batteries."

"After 2 years, I still think its a great vehicle for my needs especially living where I do. However, I have my share of trips to the dealership for alignment, 2 battery related issues, and window control going out. Fortunately all these things occurred under warranty and Subaru honored their warranty. I am a bit more nervous however when the warranty runs out due to these minor issues. I believed their cars were a bit more reliable and just have to keep my fingers crossed after warranty."

The Most Versatile Vehicle on the Market

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Ground clearance, gas mileage, ride quality"

Cons: "acceleration"

"This is an incredible vehicle. The ground clearance of a Jeep, great gas mileage (the 30/34 mpg rating Subaru advertises is extremely conservative-as a brand new vehicle I am getting 34/40), and Subaru's incredibly competent AWD. The hybrid gives it a bit of a boost off the line to make up for the lackluster acceleration. Very good handling and ride quality. The hybrid also has very little cabin noise. Good sound system on the touring model. All for under $30K for the top of the line model. Yes, there are crossovers which might look better on paper (or the KBB ratings), but none of those vehicles have the Crosstrek's off-road or winter condition prowess."

Very Well Built

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Subaru built a great vehicle, solid and very well built. The true, symmetrical all wheel drive means It holds the road extremely well, even with all season tires. There really isn't a better vehicle for winter. The boxer engine means it has a very low center of gravity, translating to better driving dynamics. This car has a great suspension, you don't feel much of anything (bumps, potholes, dirt road), and it is very durable. The combination of this great suspension and high ground clearance makes this car a good off-roader. If you get a trailer hitch, this car is good for occasional, light towing. This is an extremely safe vehicle (5 stars almost all the way around). The build quality is some of the best i've ever seen. There are soft-touch materials everywhere, very high quality parts, and attention to engineering. Gas mileage is alright for a car that is heavy and has all wheel drive, I am getting not quite advertised (average 25 winter/30 summer) but it is still good. I have a couple complaints about this car. The engine is not quite adequate, 0-60 is about 11 seconds, which I would almost call unsafe for merging. I really don't care for either of the transmission options (have driven both). The 5-speed manual is poorly ratioed, just doesn't feel right, the clutch is not smooth , it reminds you that the car is underpowered, and you sacrifice some gas mileage. I actually prefer the CVT, even as a manual transmission enthusiast. While there is nothing wrong with the CVT, it is incredibly boring to drive and has some noise. If you want a bigger engine, better manual transmission, more versatility, and more space all for the exact same price, look at Subaru's own Forester, that's why I only give the value a five out of ten, despite the good resale. This car is very versatile and is good in many, many applications, it is extremely solid and well built, Subaru has an incredible reputation. If you want a solid, unique car in a class of its own, this car should be high on your list"

It's a Great Car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My '15 XV Crosstrek backed in next to its twin.

"I've been driving my Crosstrek for a little over a year now. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the fuel economy. It averages about 30mpg with CVT, which is supposedly better than the manual gets (I do miss driving stick though.) Subaru's AWD provides confidence in poor weather conditions, which Pennsylvania has a lot of. The 8.7 inches of ground clearance also means that you can handle unpaved roads/trails as well, although you're not going to outdo the venerable Wrangler for true off-roading. Between the roof-rack (side-rails standard, crossbars extra $), hatchback, and optional trailer hitch the XV will haul just about anything and everything an outdoor enthusiast and day-trip adventurer could need. Although I still have to take a wheel off my mountain bike to make it fit inside comfortably and I might be too short at 5'6" to get my bike on a roof rack carrier. As far as performance goes the '15 (and presumably '13-'14) Crosstreks could use a little more spunk. It's the same 2.0L, 140hp motor found in the Impreza. It cruises nicely at 60-70 mpg but hard acceleration really isn't there. I sometimes feel like it could use grippier brakes as well, but they've done the job so far. On first gen Crosstreks the interior is fairly plain. It's not the cheapest I've ever seen but it's nothing special either. The 2016s have minor improvements that provide a much better feel overall. Sadly, they discontinued Tangerine Orange Pearl for 2016 so I COULDN'T get one of those :P"

My '15 XV Crosstrek backed in next to its twin.

I love my Crosstrek

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage from what I had before."

Cons: "Compared to my old 2007 Focus, nothing!"

"Do I regularly need to climb steep hills or go off-road into daring trails that really put my Crosstrek to the test? No, but I love this car. It does everything I need it to and more. I got the one with moonroof and Nav and it's a joy to drive. It's snappy on the start and I feel safe in it with all of the traction control it has."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru XV Crosstrek near Honolulu. See local deals