2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

8.3

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pros: "driving 15mph with only electric engine great fun"

Cons: "no spare tire"

"I only had two concerns with my 2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring when I purchased it new in March of 2015. 1. no spare tire - solved this with a spare mounted on the new roof rack. 2. bigger concern was handling - solved this by adding an aftermarket front flexible strut brace and factory rear sway bar kit. This improved high speed mountain interstate highway handling remarkably. I just read Dadawada's review and think this would improve his drivibility."

It's a Great Car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My '15 XV Crosstrek backed in next to its twin.

"I've been driving my Crosstrek for a little over a year now. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the fuel economy. It averages about 30mpg with CVT, which is supposedly better than the manual gets (I do miss driving stick though.) Subaru's AWD provides confidence in poor weather conditions, which Pennsylvania has a lot of. The 8.7 inches of ground clearance also means that you can handle unpaved roads/trails as well, although you're not going to outdo the venerable Wrangler for true off-roading. Between the roof-rack (side-rails standard, crossbars extra $), hatchback, and optional trailer hitch the XV will haul just about anything and everything an outdoor enthusiast and day-trip adventurer could need. Although I still have to take a wheel off my mountain bike to make it fit inside comfortably and I might be too short at 5'6" to get my bike on a roof rack carrier. As far as performance goes the '15 (and presumably '13-'14) Crosstreks could use a little more spunk. It's the same 2.0L, 140hp motor found in the Impreza. It cruises nicely at 60-70 mpg but hard acceleration really isn't there. I sometimes feel like it could use grippier brakes as well, but they've done the job so far. On first gen Crosstreks the interior is fairly plain. It's not the cheapest I've ever seen but it's nothing special either. The 2016s have minor improvements that provide a much better feel overall. Sadly, they discontinued Tangerine Orange Pearl for 2016 so I COULDN'T get one of those :P"

My '15 XV Crosstrek backed in next to its twin.

The Most Versatile Vehicle on the Market

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Ground clearance, gas mileage, ride quality"

Cons: "acceleration"

"This is an incredible vehicle. The ground clearance of a Jeep, great gas mileage (the 30/34 mpg rating Subaru advertises is extremely conservative-as a brand new vehicle I am getting 34/40), and Subaru's incredibly competent AWD. The hybrid gives it a bit of a boost off the line to make up for the lackluster acceleration. Very good handling and ride quality. The hybrid also has very little cabin noise. Good sound system on the touring model. All for under $30K for the top of the line model. Yes, there are crossovers which might look better on paper (or the KBB ratings), but none of those vehicles have the Crosstrek's off-road or winter condition prowess."

Good commuter car

By on Friday, March 17, 2017

Pros: "Good value, great in snow, off-road capability"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"I bought the 2016 Crosstrek Premium model as a commuter car. I am required to work no matter what the weather, so good in snow was my first concern, mileage was my second, reliability my third. New England has had its share of snow this season, and the car has performed as expected, superb, cruising along deserted snow covered roads with great control. The mileage is running around 30 mpg, and I have a lead foot, so all good there. The car is a bit underpowered, but after a slight learning curve on shifting with the paddle shifters, things are fine; if you want a performance auto, buy something else. Road noise is as expected in a compact car. Subaru is known for reliability, and this engine has been outfitted with a timing chain which never needs replacing, eliminating the dreaded 1000 timing belt @ 100k. The infotainment system is adequate, nothing great, sound is improved if you play with the equalizer settings a bit. Heated seats and mirrors are effective, fit and finish is nice. Price was also a major factor as this car (@23K)had much more bang for less money than RAV4/CRV models that were around 30k+. The more I drive the car, the more I like it, I cant wait to throw the kayak on top and hit the dirt trails to my favorite spots."

Great bad weather commuter vehicle

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "AWD, Handling, Price"

Cons: "Transmission, Slow"

"I bought it to commute to work in northern Indiana. I put snow tires on it and it drives through snow and stops on ice like a champ. Mine has a manual because I can't stand CVT transmissions but it's not the slickest manual I have ever driven. I test drove the Mazda CX3 and CX5 but was not at all impressed. It is slow but I didn't buy it for speed. It does handle really well on corners which was a nice surprise."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru XV Crosstrek near Honolulu. See local deals