1994 Subaru SVX

9.6

Based on 53 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

unique ride for the money

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"always enjoy driving this vehicle because there is so few of them on the road, who wants to drive what everybody else is driving, the SVX makes the statement that you are truly a individual. no more to say"

I love my SVX, but it's not for everyone.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful, fast, and luxurious."

Cons: "Uncommon so not every mechanic good."

"I bought my SVX 4 years ago, with 20,000 miles. It's my around town driver, and I love it's speed, handling, and appearance. Caution #1- The 1992-93 models are prone to transmission overheating and failure at mileage 35-90,000. this can be prevented by having an aftermarket tranny cooler and filter installed early on for $300-$500. I wouldn't buy one with over 50,000mi if it didn't already have these 2 things already. The 1995-97 models are fine from the factory, and rarely have prob's. Caution #2- In 1994-95 the company offered 2 less expensive versions with Front Wheel Drive, not 4WD. Caution #3- Some have had 3 or more owners and may not have been maintained well."

Hate to sell it

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"Only 14,000 made over 6 years, it is a fast, comfortable Grand Touring car. Car & Driver said top speed is 144 mph, and I average 23 mpg on Super. Has the rebuilt transmission which solves the only problem I have had for over 149,000 mi. The window-within-a-window is unique and minimizes air blast at speed when open."

Terrific car but not for beginners

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "awesome looks, unique. Smooth and fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenance cost, premium fuel"

"I own a 92 SVX LS. I bought it 10 years ago in FL. It is a fantastic car and I love it. It has never let me down or stranded me. Advertised MPG is, I believe, way underestimated as I typically get just under 24 around town and 27 on the highway at 75-80 mph. The car was manufactured from 92-97 with a total of around 25000 brought to the states. While some suggest parts are unavailable I've not found this to be true, they are however expensive. This is not a cheap car to maintain if you do it properly. It is not a car for young people on a budget or parents looking for a driver for high school or college kids. The car is designed to run on premium fuel. There are after market chips availabe to run it on 87 octane. In some forums owners claim they just run it on 87 and accept lower mileage. I don't think this is a good idea and would not recommend it. Bottom line: I love the car but I'd only recommend it to people who can afford to maintain it properly. If you do you'll be very happy with it. Happy SVXing."

SVX Owners Are For Life

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Some toys come and go from the garage, like that mustang your neighbor has been selling for six months on his lawn, or those Muscle car projects that remain half finished for ten years. NOT An SVX, no SVX owners love their cars because they are bullet proof marvels of a car company that said "WHAT IF?" They were built to last, and boy do they. I have owned mine a while, and frankly it is unstoppable mechanically and in the worst of weather. It doesn't even RUST!! as long as you wash it, and don't drive behind trucks. This car was purchased as a toy, but has replaced my daily driver, and it has outlasted a car I bought with 12 miles on it with NO MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE!! I had to REPLACE MY HYUNDAI ACCENT'S ENGINE in the same period, with less mileage!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru SVX near Honolulu. See local deals