ZIP code

2003 Subaru Outback

8.3

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

A great car!

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"When it comes to performance and reliability, it's hard to beat a Subaru. If you keep it well maintained according to manufacturer specs, this car will last you a long time. The mpg rating is great for an AWD vehicle...I still get 28 on the highway after 110,000 miles."

Not Bad

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I bought this vehicle for the new baby in our family. In the year that we have had it we have made 25-35 4 hour or more trips with the subi. Comfort and styling wise it is an awesome vehicle! However there is not much space with 1 baby and 1 dog and my wife and I. It is also quite dificult to squeeze 4 adults with the baby seat installed. The latch system works great and legroom for rear passengers is adequate. The thought into the vehicle is phenominal (rear middle seatbelt retracts into the roof, seatbelt receivers have a holder for them in the seatback so they don't lay on the seat). The cargo storage in the back is pretty decent and small things can sit under the floor with the spare tire. There are two cubby holes in the cargo area as well for stowage and a 12v cigar plug for power in the rear is helpful also. All the buttons and switches seem placed just right for the driver except for the pop out cup holder which doesn't hold more than a can of pop (this was fixed in the 02 and later...). The 6 cylinder is not very quick off the line but has substantial top end. Likewise it is not that economical with the fuel due to the AWD but the piece of mind of AWD to me is more important. I would definately recommend the LL Bean or VDC just for the dual moon roof option!!!"

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I gave this car only 3 stars on reliability because it blew the head gasket, ($2500) replaced the air conditioner at 5 yrs($900), replaced the clutch twice ($1600).....something wrong with the springs??? All in all had one really bad year for repairs. I still love this car! I am planning to purchase a new Outback soon."

Best Anniversary gift ever

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

"My husband got this for me as an eight year anniversary gift. I love my Subaru. I'm a 30 year old mother of two daughters (9 & 7) whom I care for while my Michael works out of town. This car has never let me down. I traveled 120+ miles in 22" of snow and used it to literally plow my mothers' 95 Cherokee out of her driveway. Nine months later, my outback is still standing tall and with little maintenance (oil change, plugs, wires, ETC.). This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have had a 1999 Nissan maxima, two jeep grand Cherokees (1997 and 2002), and one 1994 Cherokee. This outback beats all of them in every aspect. The only thing I don't like so far is the location of the seat warmer buttons. I don't like reaching for my drink and without knowing bumping the warmer buttons; my backside gets slightly roasted. It's not pleasant :("

I will never buy any car other than a Subaru!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "It has never broken down or left me stranded."

Cons: "I can't think of anything for this catagory."

"I love my Outback. We bought it brand new, and it's the best car I've ever owned. We've had two Foresters, too. But the Outback is my absolute favorite. It feels luxurious to drive, handles like a sports car, and hauls everything I need for work and play. I'm a professional massage therapist, and I transport my portable massage table and extra linen in the back. It's ten years old and still going strong with over 150K miles. It's been on many vacations, goes anywhere, and holds everything we need for camping and long road trips."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals