2000 Subaru Outback

8.3

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Subaru on and off road

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Reliable powerful versatile great for traveling"

Cons: "A little more head room"

"I go to Lake Tahoe, to the desert, off road, in snow, over creeks, and down wash board roads. San Diego to Sedona Arizona. I have had my Subaru since she was new and now is 11 years old, and she runs with great power. I did pay a pretty price for her luxuries since she is an LL Bean edition. Leather interior still looks phenomenol. I take her camping and to the ocean. I have slept in her when I forgot my tent, I am 5 ft 3 inches and it works for me. I will say that my boyfriend is amazed that I can put down the seats and he can haul timber and packages from Home Depot."

great car!!!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, everything I need"

"I love my Subaru. Have owned my "RuRu" for 11 years. trouble free, handles great..plenty of power..6 cyl. great body finish..may keep this car for my guests and will buy another Subaru for sure..have driven Lexus, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota..the Subaru is my preference!"

Love Subaru

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

"This is my fourth Subaru; my first one was a '78. They go forever with minimum upkeep. They are tough and rugged. I test drove a 2013 and was surprised that the ride was really no sweeter than my 2002, which I dearly love. I just wanted a new car, but after that test drive, I will fix the few dings that mine has and I will keep driving it. It's the BEST."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "AWD wagon, reliabilty, good looks"

Cons: "Automatic transmission is a little slow to respond"

"Five years ago, I bought a used 2001 Outback L.L. Bean with 43,000 miles. It now has over 170,000 miles, so I have a fairly deep experience with this model. In total, I have owned 14 cars, and can safely say this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. For starters, Subaru's all-wheel-drive system is incredible. I have lived with this car through five Minnesota and Colorado winters, and it grips snowy roads like they are dry. I sell new cars for a living (not Subaru), and can say that other manufacturers' all-wheel-drive systems don't come close to Subaru's for winter performance. My car is quite high-mileage, and I have had no major concerns or maintenance issues. A few minor things, to be expected of any vehicle this age, but nothing significant enough to even mention here. I fully expect to have it several more years. The car's interior holds up great. The seats are supportive and comfortable on long drives and the leather looks almost new, despite being 11 years old. The audio system is great. The automatic climate control system has never given me a problem. I especially like that it is a wagon instead of SUV. There is little in the way of competition, but this is such a great setup. By sitting lower, physics is on your side for aerodynamics and cornering. It is easy to maneuver. This car has made me loyal to the brand. I fully expect my next car to be another Outback; the only thing holding me back from buying a newer model is that I am still so happy with this one that I don't want to part with it. This is the only car I've had that I haven't tired of driving within a year or two."

A great car!

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"When it comes to performance and reliability, it's hard to beat a Subaru. If you keep it well maintained according to manufacturer specs, this car will last you a long time. The mpg rating is great for an AWD vehicle...I still get 28 on the highway after 110,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals